Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Changing hunters mark completely

its a completely outdated spell and mechanic and benefits no one but hunters.

In a short...Adding the hunters mark to our damage passively. Making Hunters mark a raid wide CD similar to banner.

Suggestion? Gives hunters a little more raid utility in 25 man setting especially
    Last edited by Sydarm; 2013-04-25 at 06:31 PM.

Deleted
    Cooldown would be interesting, especially a raid-wide CD copying Banner's effect on single target, considering only Warriors have that.

With the passive application it's mostly ignorable in PVE now. But in PVP it's still nightmare to rogues and druids - -

Raidwide cooldown would be nice, personally I'd sort of like something more defensive oriented, but any unique valuable raidwide cooldown would be very nice.

I like the idea of a raidwide cooldown too,some utility is always nice

Mark needs to be left in for PvP. Raid wide CD would have to be a brand new ability.

Hunter's Mark increases the damage of ALL RANGED ATTACKERS by 5% . How does this benefit the hunter only ? . . .

10+ Year Old Account
    Because only Hunters are ranged attackers?

Quote Originally Posted by Leyowin View Post
    Because only Hunters are ranged attackers?
    For the most part, yeah? Not sure if you're including ShT rogues or something. Unless they added casters.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjeff View Post
    Hunter's Mark increases the damage of ALL RANGED ATTACKERS by 5% . How does this benefit the hunter only ? . . .
    Because Blizzard plays fast and loose with their terminology. Half the time we're lumped into "melee" when they really mean "does physical damage". Even though we do a lot of magical damage now (hi SV!), when Mark was implemented, we were primarily ranged physical damage, the only class to have such. Mark didn't affect caster damage, but as they added magical shots, they simply expanded Mark to include them. Really, Mark's tooltip should read "increases the damage of all Hunters" now.

Maybe the Hunter's Mark could be something like "the Hunter discovers a weak spot in the enemies defenses increase crit chance by X% for the raid"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neazy View Post
    Mark needs to be left in for PvP. Raid wide CD would have to be a brand new ability.
    I dunno about that, being able to leave track stealth up all the time with all their other tracking (not really the issue) is more a pain to me than HM (on my rogue). It always seems that I'm seen by hunters from a mile away on my rogue unless I used shadow walk. Then there's flares, which can be a bugger too. I don't think HM is as useful of a pvp tool as it is a minor inconvenience. That's just my opinion though. On my hunter I always forgot to apply it (haven't played my hunter in years, mind you) but it just seems to be another outdated mechanic to me.

How about we bake the damage buff into our shots, and make the PVP aspect of it a glyph?

Glyph of Annoy the Shit Out of Rogues: Your shots now mark those little peckerheads so they can't stealth and run away from you.

Both sides happy? Yes?

Well we stopped bringing our bow rogue and gun warrior along, so once again only hunters get any benefit from this.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skygoneblue View Post
    How about we bake the damage buff into our shots, and make the PVP aspect of it a glyph?

Glyph of Annoy the Shit Out of Rogues: Your shots now mark those little peckerheads so they can't stealth and run away from you.

Both sides happy? Yes?
    Only if they word it like that exactly. I would be SOOOOO happy.

Because as far as i belive it is physical only, meaning its hunters only

Deleted
    They should just do this :

> DPS bring raid debuffs/buffs.
    > Healers and Tanks bring raid cooldowns.

I never gotten the idea why you want to give dps specs viable raid cooldowns, all it does is make the gap between hybrids and pure dps even bigger and in a way it doesn't allow most guilds to be objective about what classes and raiders they can bring to a raid without gimping the raid because they need the cds.

If they do this, then no dps class has to qq about not having raid utility other than buffs and debuffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    Maybe the Hunter's Mark could be something like "the Hunter discovers a weak spot in the enemies defenses increase crit chance by X% for the raid"
    BC era "Expose Weakness" did this for attack power based on an SV's agility, and wouldn't be a bad idea to modify for the modern raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Roangut View Post
    I dunno about that, being able to leave track stealth up all the time with all their other tracking (not really the issue) is more a pain to me than HM (on my rogue). It always seems that I'm seen by hunters from a mile away on my rogue unless I used shadow walk. Then there's flares, which can be a bugger too. I don't think HM is as useful of a pvp tool as it is a minor inconvenience. That's just my opinion though. On my hunter I always forgot to apply it (haven't played my hunter in years, mind you) but it just seems to be another outdated mechanic to me.
    HM is necessary. Forces rogues to use cloak or vanish if they want to restealth, and fucks ferals big time.

Quote Originally Posted by Neazy View Post
    HM is necessary. Forces rogues to use cloak or vanish if they want to restealth, and fucks ferals big time.
    You're overestimating how powerful it is really. It's not some magic anti-stealth ability. Also as soon as you KC another target it goes off the stealthed person so it's become fairly useless for PvP since the Marked for Death passive change to the point where I can't find a reason to bind it anymore.

Turning Hunter's Mark into a cooldown would be a good change and actually make Hunters worth bringing to a 25man raid.

With the upcoming mega-nerf to Hunter PvP Burst another 2-3 minute cooldown that acts like a %damage increase could help them a lot since they don't really have a big cooldown anymore with the Rapid Fire 4set being nerfed too.
    Last edited by Glurp; 2013-04-25 at 10:02 PM.