5.3 ret/enh/disc

I could see this scumbag comp doing some things. What do you guys think?

With the buff of course, why not? People always play scum comps. RLS? KFC? Thugcleave? People play that which is OP. If the comps turns out to be good, obviously they'll play it. I can see it being even more faceroll than TSG tbh.

15+ Year Old Account
    Usually stacking double melee can be problematic - but both Enh and Ret have pretty good ranged damage and are hard to peel / self-sufficient. The self-sufficiency is important because a good chunk of your CC would be in the Disc.

I don't think it will be a popular gladiator comp or anything - I could see a high CC comp like MLD / RMP / God Comp taking you guys apart - and Thugcleave is going to do pretty much exactly what you do but better - but being 'like Thugcleave' is probably a pretty awesome route to go right now, sounds fun - post or stream IMO - I'd watch that comp
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

i've played ret/enhance/druid a few times. not exactly the same, but the synergy between the ret and the enhance is decent. both are really known because they excel at supporting other melee and neither has much luck playing with casters.
    both ret and enhance are fairly weak, together they could probably make up for their respective weaknesses, the opener from this comp could be very scary, both can be hard to peel and have near endless support. but it lacks sustained pressure, and the control isn't particularly great.

it will probably have issues against rmp and spriest comps just like ret/dk/priest did.

it might be glad viable on non bloodlust, but i wouldn't qualify it as a 'scumbag comp'
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Actually should be pretty decent with incoming hybrid healing buff. Nice amount of instant cc to lock down healer, heavy support to peel from your healer, lots of anti cc between 2xBoS/pal&priest interrupt counters/tremor, windshear, grounding, retarded burst, reliable offhealing from 2 sources. Utility wise it have all tools needed to counter top setup, the question is if dmg outside of cds will be enough to fall back on in case you didn't land a kill and if ench/ret will be able to stay offensive against heavy phys dmg teams training 1 target start to finish.
    I definetly would like to try it on my ret, but there's no (yes, zero...) even semi-decent enchs on my server - they all went resto ages ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyaldee View Post
    Actually should be pretty decent with incoming hybrid healing buff. Nice amount of instant cc to lock down healer, heavy support to peel from your healer, lots of anti cc between 2xBoS/pal&priest interrupt counters/tremor, windshear, grounding, retarded burst, reliable offhealing from 2 sources. Utility wise it have all tools needed to counter top setup, the question is if dmg outside of cds will be enough to fall back on in case you didn't land a kill and if ench/ret will be able to stay offensive against heavy phys dmg teams training 1 target start to finish.
    I definetly would like to try it on my ret, but there's no (yes, zero...) even semi-decent enchs on my server - they all went resto ages ago.
    Both ret and enh are receiving some major dmg buffs, ret off healing, and sacc, freedom.. Hammer, hex, Fear.. Probably the scariest burst in the game. With the map changes. I can see this doing some things.

i played it a few games in S11, my disc was able to sit pretty much every CC that ended up landing on him. i remember one time he got a full CC on him, I got full kidney'd in a bomb no trinket, and despite the disc panicing, we were perfectly fine because the ret was in the bomb with me keeping me topped. triple healer comps are really fun to play, and with ret having a defensive magic dispel, the enh having curse dispel, tremor, and grounding, your healer will never get CC'd. Also, 2 BOPs on your team really helps enh survive cleaves which has always been a huge weak point for the spec.

seems very much like a turtle and burst comp, so not the most fun to play probably, but i can see it being very forgiving in terms of the mistakes you can make and still clinch a win.
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    currently there are a couple 3s teams with this comp over 2k. im disc and i've been scoping for something different to play. might try this out later.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

It won't be a top top comp. throughout the history of wow no matter how good melee cleaves have been casters have dominated tourneys. Either caster/melee or caster/caster. But yes ret,enhance,disc will be a pain. Enhance can tremor fears and ret can bop CC off disc. Just have to train the day lights out of the ret. and just insta block the ascendance

Deleted
    Probably one of the few comps that work for enhancement, its very very squishy but got godly burst if left to it. Cant see anything wrong with it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valex View Post
    I thought about this since I saw the pvp power buff, and with the ret damage buff it should be fun, getting back into arenas more is something I've been wanting to do for awhile
    Enh is getting pretty big damage buffs too, it should be a spooky comp for damage certainly.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

with wind walk totem double freedoms, insta hex fear stun, 1 healer 2 off heals. I could see this comp going places once the damage is there
    I want to have a child and use it as a pulling tool in dungeons.