Raid Leader/Officer addon setups

Just wondering what sort of addon setup people that lead raids use to keep track of shit, make things easier on themselves for having information available at a glance, etc

Blood Legion Cooldown, set up to only track combat rezzes/soulstones/ankhs
    Fatality, reporting in chat what killed people
    oRA3, only using the Ready Check window
    RaidSlackCheck, quick food buff and flask check on readychecks
    EnsidiaFails, see who is bad at what

I'm always looking to improve though, so if there's an obscure addon that makes life easier as a RL/officer, I'd like to hear about it.
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

Personally I use bRez for tracking battle rezzes, probably more lightweight than BLC if that's all you're using it for.

I use oRA3 and RSC as well.

RaidChecklist is very nice for seeing an overview of your raids buffs/debuffs and what you might be missing (for comp), but it's only really useful if you run a 10M raid - in 25M missing buffs/debuffs is a very rare occurrence.

AutoLog - enables combat logging

Hermes - another nice CD tracker

IdiotCheck - on a ready check, reports in your chat people who have missing enchants, wrong items equipped (teleport cloak/ring, chef hat, etc), among other things.

OnYourMark - pretty excellent raid assignment addon

TimeToDie - displays estimated time for a target to die based on how fast it's going down - can be useful for estimating how close/far you are from enrage timer for example (boss @50%, 6 min enrage, 3:20 on TTD, you need to push it - for example)

Just some of the like... 80+ addons I use. Not all of them being related to raiding/raid leading, of course.

OnYourMark looks intriguing, definitely something we can start using instead of having a million macros for this stuff. I tried Hermes in the past and I couldn't get it to work exactly like I wanted. I've used bRez in the past as well and it did what I wanted for the most part, but I prefer the bars of a traditional raid CD tracker, plus I don't think bRez got along well with Holy Paladin's getting a rez via Symbiosis.

Thanks.
    Jsz

For the ones not yet mentioned....

You can probably replace both Fatality and EnsidiaFails with PhoenixStyle. The information this addon contained was amazing in Cataclysm, it is still very good and updated once in a while but the author stopped playing I believe.

Also ReadyCheckAnnouncer I find handy to have printed out so everyone (not just the person who initiated the Ready Check) is aware of whos AFK or still needs a minute after a Ready Check.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by jsz View Post
    I tried Hermes in the past and I couldn't get it to work exactly like I wanted.

Feel free to provide me feedback for how you couldn't get it setup to your liking. Or if you have suggestions for how I could better change it to support others in the future.
    Virtualize <Solution> @ Greymane | virtual#1157 | Web | YouTube | Twitter | Facebook
    Hermes - Share cooldown status with raid/party.
    Skada: Survivability - Show when a character died during a specific attempt.
    AffDots - Track the potency of your DoTs on a target.

10+ Year Old Account
    hermes is an amazing tool for raid leaders that need to keep track of stuff. one thing I did notice about it, is it shows our prot pally and holy pally devo aura on the same 3m timer. Ill calll for the prot to devo and "its still on cd" is what I get back.
    Raid Buff status checks for EVERYTHING buffs, mana, pets, aspects, etc. really good tool

Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    For the ones not yet mentioned....

You can probably replace both Fatality and EnsidiaFails with PhoenixStyle. The information this addon contained was amazing in Cataclysm, it is still very good and updated once in a while but the author stopped playing I believe.

Also ReadyCheckAnnouncer I find handy to have printed out so everyone (not just the person who initiated the Ready Check) is aware of whos AFK or still needs a minute after a Ready Check.
    I used PhoenixStyle for a looong time and transitioned away from it to Fatality and EnsidiaFails. The author hadn't played in a long time and last I used it, it had no information for the later Throne of Thunder bosses, let alone heroics. I still use RaidSlackCheck from the same author though, for flask and food checks before pulls.

Quote Originally Posted by virtual View Post
    Feel free to provide me feedback for how you couldn't get it setup to your liking. Or if you have suggestions for how I could better change it to support others in the future.
    Since my original post I've actually transitioned back to Hermes and spent more time diving into all of the settings and gotten what I think is as close to what I want as possible.

(pic is from a screencap of a stream, so it's low quality).
    Last edited by jsz; 2013-05-02 at 09:07 PM.
    Jsz

gonna check these out for my raid as well

Deleted
    We love to use BLT Raid Cooldown cause "hey we dev it!". It's tracks raid cooldowns (offensive and defensive), announces casts and availability, display active CD and provides a report on CD usage after boss fights. You can create category, cooldown, configure announce/display for each. The report really help us to discover some lack of skill on some cooldown (Stormlash not cast, TotT cast 33% of time ...., some CD never use.)

Btw i was a great fan of PhoenixStyle for a looong time too, but it's not update very often now.

I also use oRa3, RSC, IdiotCheck, Live report on World of Logs, DeathNote to check why people keep dying.
    Last edited by mmoce91caa2815; 2013-05-04 at 09:13 PM.