Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

I don't see how we can avoid getting a new class in the next expansion.

Every expansion either introduces new races or a new class. With the race developers concentrating on new models, it appears that it is up to the class team to create the showpiece for the next expansion. As everyone knows, it takes something major like 2 new races or a new class to push a new expansion. We also have the 10th anniversary of WoW to consider as well.

In other words, I just don't see what else they could do except bring out a new class. The race team will more than likely be too occupied to create 2 new races. Even though Monks just came out, Blizzard may not have a choice but to bring out a new class in e next expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    BC - Race (Dr/Be)
    Wrath - Class, meta-race (DK)
    Cata - Race (Wr/Gb)
    Mists - Class/Race (Mo/Pa)

I can see them easily avoiding adding a new class. Based off your own information.

Regardless, speculation is still silly.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Or the new models will essentially serve as "new" races.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    BC - Race (Dr/Be)
    Wrath - Class, meta-race (DK)
    Cata - Race (Wr/Gb)
    Mists - Class/Race (Mo/Pa)

I can see them easily avoiding adding a new class. Based off your own information.
    Um, how? Your post reaffirms my point.

---------- Post added 2013-04-26 at 01:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Or the new models will essentially serve as "new" races.
    Doubtful, since the new models have already been announced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, maybe you made your post REALLY confusing.
    I don't see how we can avoid getting a new class in the next expansion.
    That sounds like "We're getting a new class next expansion"
    I just don't see what else they could do except bring out a new class

Yet... the post I made pretty clearly shows.. .we aren't.

But again, speculation is stupid, but based off your info, and 'trends', we aren't getting a new class.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Doubtful, since the new models have already been announced.
    But not revealed. If they're done by BlizzCon, you know for sure they're going to hype it up like crazy because it IS a large undertaking. It'd basically serve as the same thing as a new race.

10+ Year Old Account
    The WoW team is bigger than its ever been. We could very well end up getting new race, or new class, or both. The new models for old races were well underway before Mists even shipped (they hinted that dwarves could have been ready for Mists launch), I doubt they will factor into the 'budget' of adding further races as much as you may suspect.

the pvp is as broken as it gets, i hope we only get maybe a new race and the new models, but no more classes, at least for an expansion so they can actually have time to balance it enough.

15+ Year Old Account
    Super easy, add one specialization choice to each class except druids. That way everyone has 4 specs to play with and can add additional variety and possibly new healers or tanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    The WoW team is bigger than its ever been. We could very well end up getting new race, or new class, or both. The new models for old races were well underway before Mists even shipped (they hinted that dwarves could have been ready for Mists launch), I doubt they will factor into the 'budget' of adding further races as much as you may suspect.
    Yeah, the team is bigger than ever yet new models still aren't done yet. Also keep in mind that when Blizzard develops new races, they are working on them way before the expansion is announced. The remodeling of the races is like adding 8 new races to WoW.

---------- Post added 2013-04-26 at 01:46 AM ----------

But not revealed. If they're done by BlizzCon, you know for sure they're going to hype it up like crazy because it IS a large undertaking. It'd basically serve as the same thing as a new race.
    Yeah, and it would be a huge flop. New models were expected in MoP, not to be the main draw of WoW 6.0.

Yeah, the team is bigger than ever yet new models still aren't done yet. Also keep in mind that when Blizzard develops new races, they are working on them way before the expansion is announced. The remodeling of the races is like adding 8 new races to WoW.

---------- Post added 2013-04-26 at 01:46 AM ----------

Yeah, and it would be a huge flop. New models were expected in MoP, not to be the main draw of WoW 6.0.
    No it wasn't, pretty sure they've ALWAYS made it known how LONG the process would take and that only Dwarves were done by MoP launch. They've made it know the new models WOULDN'T be in MoP, so you're wrong.

Like you said, the remodeling of races is like adding 8 new races to WoW. You can tell tons of people are hyped about it. Hell, a few weeks ago there was a big thread saying it could be one of the expansion's big features.

10+ Year Old Account
    No it wasn't, pretty sure they've ALWAYS made it known how LONG the process would take and that only Dwarves were done by MoP launch. They've made it know the new models WOULDN'T be in MoP, so you're wrong.

Like you said, the remodeling of races is like adding 8 new races to WoW. You can tell tons of people are hyped about it. Hell, a few weeks ago there was a big thread saying it could be one of the expansion's big features.
    No they didn't, which is why people keep asking when the new models are coming out, and no one knows.

And no, new models that were announced before MoP came out isn't a good centerpiece for the new expansion. Blizzard always announces the major features for the new expansion when they announce the new expansion.

No they didn't, which is why people keep asking when the new models are coming out, and no one knows.

And no, new models that were announced before MoP came out isn't a good centerpiece for the new expansion. Blizzard always announces the major features for the new expansion when they announce the new expansion.
    Exactly: no one knows, but they've ALWAYS made it known that it was a long process. They were NOT expected in MoP, and unless you can bring me any statement from a dev that they'd be in MoP, you're making it up.

I didn't say centerpiece, I said one of the big features. Again, you're underestimating how much lots of people want new models. Including them as a part of the new expansion would be a huge draw for lots of people.

Deleted
    would rather they bring out 2 new races
    Orge's for the Horde.
    Murlocs for the Alliance. Yes I would re-roll to a Murloc without a seconds thought.

Murlocs FTW!
    Last edited by mmocd8f86ed6f0; 2013-04-26 at 02:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly: no one knows, but they've ALWAYS made it known that it was a long process. They were NOT expected in MoP, and unless you can bring me any statement from a dev that they'd be in MoP, you're making it up.

I didn't say centerpiece, I said one of the big features. Again, you're underestimating how much lots of people want new models. Including them as a part of the new expansion would be a huge draw for lots of people.
    Oh, I fully know how much lots of people want new race models. MY argument is that a feature announced almost two years ago is not good enough as the main feature in the next expansion. Granted it can be one of the features, but not a major selling point, since everyone will get new models whether they purchase the new expansion or not.

In other words, you can't make a feature like new models a selling point for 6.0, when everyone will be getting that feature for free. They need something like classes or new races. Something that can only be unlocked through purchasing the new expansion. Since the race team is toiling away with the new models, I doubt they will be able to also create 2 new races on top of that.

That leaves only a new class as the major selling point for 6.0. It's the only logical option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could care less about New Races (Although I do want my Warcraft II Horde, OGRES GOGO!) I would rather have my Orcs stop having the posture of the Hunchback of Notre Dame, (Seriously, what the Hell is up with that? Like, I just re-read Lord of the Clans and Thrall sees some Warsong Orcs after he escapes Durnholde, they're all described as having a straight posture, since Thrall at the time knew little Orcish This is what happens:

"No!" Thrall cried in orcish. One thing about this encounter gave him hope--these orcs were fighters. They did not slouch about in exhausted despair.
    --Lord of the Clans, Pg. 119)

I'd Also like my Forsaken to stop having zig-zag cutouts around their elbows and knees, I'd prefer a model where I don't have to have my bones sticking out.

As far as new classes, maybe. I mean it could happen, it also could not. I personally would like to see it happen, I mean yea, PvP gets messed up for a bit, but PvP isn't balanced and probably never will be, so that really shouldn't limit available classes.

no way is it gonna be a new class, we just had one and they're still fumbling around with how to make it work.

selling points are gonna be new models; which, no matter what anyone says, is a huge selling point and maybe re-skinned races for alliance and horde.

High Elves for the Alliance, Eredar for the Horde. (Those that abandoned the Burning Legion, but due to being corrupted, the Draenei would not accept them back).

Palette swap of Blood Elves for Alliance, Palette Swap of Draenei for Horde. New Models. Voila.

Do people actually read before they post? How will new models be a selling point when everyone will receive them when the game updates? They're not going to have one set of players running around with old models and another set of people with new models. It's like saying the new talent system will be a selling point, when everyone gets the talent update when 6.0 drops.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Okay, maybe you made your post REALLY confusing.

Yet... the post I made pretty clearly shows.. .we aren't.

But again, speculation is stupid, but based off your info, and 'trends', we aren't getting a new class.
    Hyperbole much? By your logic, we shouldn't have gotten a race this expansion since it was "class" time; yet we did, now didn't we?

Your post by no means "clearly shows we aren't" so stop being a hypocrite; neither you nor the OP knows what the hell will be in the expansion.

The patches are arriving very quickly and the company has declared that they want to do more content in less time; I wouldn't be surprised if a new continent, race, class and racial re-models pops up in the next expansion.

The only things I see are that we're running out of good, strong race options that are both grounded in the game world AND still new enough / fulfilling some fantasy that the game hasn't seen yet and the whole problem that Monks still don't quite have the playerbase that they should as a shiny new class - I personally think that's just a failure on Blizzard's part to deliver the "right" kind of monk (Diablo's monk is much more appealing than WoW's, imo) and new classes are huge for bringing players back to the game.

So anyway, the point is the "trends" the OP shows only serve to prove that there is no "pattern" anymore - Blizzard stomped it by doing both at once.

I'm baffled at the amount of hostility some of you people have toward other people wishing for more content.

Also, bro, this is a video game forum - speculation is one of the biggest things people do on forums that aren't specific sub-forums dedicated to a narrow topic or range of topics. Last time I checked, this was the "General Discussions" about World of Warcraft forum.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.