Thread: Tbc

Tbc

Something I miss from TBC and I think Wotlk was the same was being able to chose talents from multiple different trees.

I was messing around on Youtube and for some reason Restokins came up. I remember druids with this spec would top heals and damage.

Then we have the SL SL locks. Those were unkillable.

Once I tried a fury/arms mix where I got dual wield in fury and mortal strike in arms. It was actually a lot of fun.

Good memories.

Priests also used a talent tree for Vezax that allowed them to all the talents from Holy and Disc that increased mana, spirit, or reduced the cost of spells.
    Last edited by muto; 2013-04-26 at 03:06 AM.

Yeah, playing around with sub-optimal builds was kinda fun. Or OP builds that had to get hotfix/nerfed. Neat for the players. Horrible for the game developers and balance.

Yeah only spamming shadow-bolt in raids were great for me. /sarcasm
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

TBC #1 wow xpac for sure.

Talent trees were fun when your goal was simply to have fun but when the developers announced a simpler talent tree I always wondered why they waited so long. In depth talent trees always just added more trouble on a development side than they were worth. Simpler talent trees across a class always made much more sense, MoP has done a good job with this and I hope they continue to make changes to make development easier in order to benefit overall time dedicated to game design. The more fun they can make this game the better IMO, they need to free up more resources from balance I hope they can do that properly without destroying this games depth.

Prot/Holy paladins being unstoppable in arenas, good times.

This system was a lot more fun, I agree, but at the same time it created horrible balance issues. As fun as it was, there's no way to balance a million possible builds, it's much easier to balance a handful of skills.

I like actually having choices and swapping talents based on the fight or spec, instead of just looking up the cookie cutter and maybe being lucky enough to be able to move around 2-5 points to suit a fight. Plus you could change your talents easily.

New system is much better.

Deleted
    I do miss my "arcane powered, instant pyroblasts with ignite" on my mage! Although i'm totally used to the current talents, it would be fun to be able to make hybrids again.

Quote Originally Posted by Fainth View Post
    Something I miss from TBC and I think Wotlk was the same was being able to chose talents from multiple different trees.

I was messing around on Youtube and for some reason Restokins came up. I remember druids with this spec would top heals and damage.

Then we have the SL SL locks. Those were unkillable.

Once I tried a fury/arms mix where I got dual wield in fury and mortal strike in arms. It was actually a lot of fun.

Good memories.
    Fun for the one playing the OP class, obviously not fun for anyone else. And not for the developers either. This is true nostalgia at it's finest

I miss downranking healing spells and the 5 second rule, but not the talent trees.

Deleted
    While I do think that TBC was the best expansion so far, talents are much better now.

No more useless stuff like wand specialization, mandatory stuff like +hit/+spellpower talents, talents that reduce casting speed of spells that you always use (who in their right mind wouldn't select such talent?). There were always best talent trees with very minor variations that most players used. Those who didn't use those trees were nerfing themselves.

Talents aren't content. You set them once when level up, maybe change 1-2 times a month, but that's it. Before Ulduar patch (that brought double spec) players rarely changed talents.

i miss my weird pvp/duel specs as a mage...