Poll: Would you like to see this implemented?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Spectator mode for Raids?

Would you like to see this implemented? With a few limitations of course so not everybody goes off to make lvl 1 alts and watch Method or Paragon wrecking shit.

My limitations (or expectations) would be the following:

MUST be lvl 90 to enter spectator mode.
    MUST be allowed by the raid/guild doing the encounter.
    The raid encounter MUST be within the same realm.

What are your thought about this? I would be really excited about this and we could learn a lot by watching it live rather than reading a guide.

I think it'd be interesting. But as with everything the blizzard team does it would take to much time and thus will not be done.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, they are adding a spectator mode for pet battles so maybe they could add a variation of it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't LFR spectator mode?

They would have to put a cap or it would overload the instance servers from everyone wanting to watch the top guilds raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    You don't quite understand what spectator mode means do you?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the stupid stuff that derails threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    $6 for a game made in 1993? If it was free then maybe I would buy it instead of pirating it.

10+ Year Old Account

They would have to put a cap or it would overload the instance servers from everyone wanting to watch the top guilds raid.
    Stupid easy =/= spectator mode

A mode where you can fly freely and look at the raid unfolding from different angles. It wouldn't be your character going around but a camera ala the eye of kilrogg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by colmadero View Post
    Stupid easy =/= spectator mode

A mode where you can fly freely and look at the raid unfolding from different angles. It wouldn't be your character going around but a camera ala the eye of kilrogg
    Which still stresses the server because it's not just a video feed of 1 person's PoV. The server has to tell everyone spectating everything that is happening.

i would love spectator mode but your rules are waaaaaaay too strict.
    It would be cool with a friend spectator mode though. A tool that makes u see what ur friend in doing inside an instance and how far they are. It could even be used to help friends to see what they are doing wrong and why they are wiping.
    Last edited by RoboA; 2013-04-26 at 03:24 AM.
    warp field to weaken its armor, let it close, then tech armor! - Turian hipster

not so much spectator but more replay mode
    replay would be far more useful from a raid analysis point of view, looking both at your own performance and at top raider performances and far less likely to crash the server
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

I would like it, they have spectator mode in Runescape for various mini-games.

Yeah sure 100% spectator mode.

The downside mentioned before (by Blizzard?) is that the top guilds would then always have to have a "coach" spectating to do what the raid leader normally would have to do while still doing what their role is in the raid. This would basically force a player to not really play but instead watch others play, and that is not necessarily good game design.

Open browser.
    Go to twitch.tv
    Presto! Spectator mode.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would have to be delayed, or Guild's would use it to place a "spotter" in the raid spectator mode on vent to coordinate the fight.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's say for example that one of the top end raiding guilds post their raiding schedule and/or when they will be trying a boss. You could see FIRST hand their mistakes, their strategies and whatnot. I would love this to be implemented.

Deleted
    No, just no. Not only is it really already a thing, with livestreaming, but it would then guilds with need to rather sit people out (in spectator mode to see where and how people are screwing up) but it would also mean you have to over-recruit to make up for it.

Absolute worst idea, just go to twitch if you want to spectate some raids.

The ONLY way anything like this will be viable is if you die, you have the option to release > accept res or spectate when you die. Under no circumstance should other players be allowed to enter a raid.
    Last edited by mmoca8c3a8c487; 2013-04-26 at 03:27 PM.

If they added a spectator mode then a lot of players would lose the money they make from streaming their raids

10+ Year Old Account
    nah i find raid streams boring , much preffer pvp streams, so spectator mode for raids dosnt rly interest me.

Quote Originally Posted by razorback07 View Post
    in spectator mode to see where and how people are screwing up
    seems like the perfect role for me. sitting around scratching my balls and watching who's screwing up
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.