Poll: Would you like to see this implemented?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think I could just sit and watch other people do stuff for the full duration of a raid encounter.

I honestly cannot think of anything more boring that could be introduced, apart from, maybe, some daily quests that required you to watch a raid in spectator mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    It would have to be delayed, or Guild's would use it to place a "spotter" in the raid spectator mode on vent to coordinate the fight.
    I came here to post this. I think that even just couple of seconds of a delay would be enough. However, there are probably some technical limitations which would have to be solved in order to make this work. To me it also sounds like this would result in a big buffer which might make the whole concept too heavy to maintain and not worth it.

As far as the requirements for joining the spectator mode, I think that the approval of the raid group should be enough. There would probably also be a cap to limit the amount of people spectating.

Overall the whole idea always came across as pretty fun, but with the widespread use of streaming there might not be as much demand for this as there used to be.

Too much lag, deterimental to the raiders.

I see nothing wrong with the idea. If a guild does not want to use it, they don't have to. And those that do want to use it, they can. There is really no downside at all. In fact, I can only think of positive upsides (like bringing in new guildies or new players to see what is going on).

Obviously, I would recommend a limit to prevent causing excessive lag or things like that.

15+ Year Old Account
    It would be a great tool for guys that are "riding the pine" and not involved in a particular boss fight. They could view along with the guild and would still help learn the fight.

If the spectator mode was in real time, however, you could have World First guilds abusing it by having multiple "spotters" or shot calling for certain mechanics. They wouldn't have to be worrying about controlling a character of their own and could focus entirely on calling strats.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    It would be a great tool for guys that are "riding the pine" and not involved in a particular boss fight. They could view along with the guild and would still help learn the fight.

If the spectator mode was in real time, however, you could have World First guilds abusing it by having multiple "spotters" or shot calling for certain mechanics. They wouldn't have to be worrying about controlling a character of their own and could focus entirely on calling strats.
    World First guilds can do that via streaming already. So the "abuse" should not be a deterrent for implementation. Also, they could just delay implementation in a tier until the world first race is over. Simple solution.

Spectator mode for raids would be used for a few weeks then never again.

If anything they should make spectator mode for arena. Treat it like brawlers guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Isotope View Post
    Spectator mode for raids would be used for a few weeks then never again.
    I don't know - I think that many guilds would use it for a very long time. Heck, it might even become integral where a raid leader would actually be "spectating". That would probaly help out many of the guilds that struggle with progression (which is most of them....when you look at wow progress).

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    I don't know - I think that many guilds would use it for a very long time. Heck, it might even become integral where a raid leader would actually be "spectating". That would probaly help out many of the guilds that struggle with progression (which is most of them....when you look at wow progress).
    I think that this would drive more of the guilds that would supposedly benefit from this out of raiding than it would help.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I think that this would drive more of the guilds that would supposedly benefit from this out of raiding than it would help.
    How do you figure that?

How do you figure that?
    Do you honestly think that spending three or four hours a night a few times a week watching the rest of your guild play the game would be fun? Who is going to volunteer for that?

Do you honestly think that spending three or four hours a night a few times a week watching the rest of your guild play the game would be fun? Who is going to volunteer for that?
    If it helps out my guild's progression, or we wanted to bring another raider in to get them more experience, I would gadly do it. In fact, I would bet that it would increase progression significantly.
    Last edited by yjmark; 2013-04-26 at 07:31 PM.

It's called youtube. Seriously, who pays to watch other people play games?

I don't see much reason for it. Wanna watch the fights or top guilds raiding, watch a stream or kill videos on the internet.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    watching someone in pve just sounds boring to me personally. no offense to those who would enjoy it but its not something i would look forward to or be excited about.

ive watched a few people stream their raids on twitch and i find myself bored after a few mins. id much rather watch a pvp stream. just my .02

Nah, doesn't seem like many people would even care about it.

Would be something new to have a raid that is in an area akin to the Brawler's Guild.

People could watch you raid, and hang out/talk/do whatever.

If it helps out my guild's progression, or we wanted to bring another raider in to get them more experience, I would gadly do it. In fact, I would bet that it would increase progression significantly.
    WOW is game and is meant to played not sit around watching others play it, it is little wonder that raiding is so unpopular when players think that it would be acceptable for people to give up their playing time to sit there watching their guild raid.

WOW is game and is meant to played not sit around watching others play it, it is little wonder that raiding is so unpopular when players think that it would be acceptable for people to give up their playing time to sit there watching their guild raid.
    So selflessly helping others is "unacceptable" to you (i.e. you help them so they get all the benefit - not you)? Reviewing someone else's logs to help them out is "unacceptable" because it's not you playing or your logs?

I guess we are just different people. I play the game more to hang out with friends and watch my guild progress. I don't play only to watch myself progress. I'm also not sure how you justify "putting your raid above yourself" as causing raiding to be unpopular. It would seem the exact opposite is what would cause that....