Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    There is no need for female ogres. I would like just an option between one or two headed ogre. Females can remain mistery... There is no need for them. Its the same for female dwarwes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumbik View Post
    There is no need for female ogres. I would like just an option between one or two headed ogre. Females can remain mistery... There is no need for them. Its the same for female dwarwes.
    What are these female dwarves of whom you speak.. ?

I play since classic and I don't know what that is ... some kind of new arcane magic ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be funny if they somehow came up with how Ogre ladies looked and they were better looking than Blood Elves and Draenei put together hahahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    From the front page of Mmo-champion:

So they didn't add Ogres as a playable race because they didn't know how females should look? Do you think they will add them in the future expansion?
    You read that very differently than I did. They did not say they didn't add them BECAUSE of not figuring out what female ogres look like. They said they had gotten that far along in the design process. Didn't actually say what made them change their mind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moppe View Post
    Sadly, I doubt Ogres will be a playable race.
    I'm pretty certain we will see them. They would fit in a Burning Legion based expansion, which is likely next, and they would be pretty easy to implement.

Deleted

So they didn't add Ogres as a playable race because they didn't know how females should look? Do you think they will add them in the future expansion?
    Maybe I misunderstood but I took it as him being a ironic, actually saying that they didn't really consider it, and if they had they would have stumbled at the first hurdle.

It doesn't actually say that's why they stopped they could have scrapped it (until a later date at least) for any number of reasons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kivimetsan View Post
    Would be funny if they somehow came up with how Ogre ladies looked and they were better looking than Blood Elves and Draenei put together hahahaha.
    Well seeing as how male be and draenei looks quite disgusting .. I mean cmon.

Female be are still worse than ud female but draenei female deserve some praise.

I still prefer humans though .

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    I'm pretty certain we will see them. They would fit in a Burning Legion based expansion, which is likely next, and they would be pretty easy to implement.

If Ogres and some other races are chosen over Ethereals, I'll crash my head into the keyboard and become a sad God of Death.

You don't want a sad God of Death. You will learn that my thousand faces can make thousand frownies and pouties and you will relent!

Seriously!

What isn't cool about..

That? D:

Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.

I'm quite sure there are female Ogres in game already. Ogres are meant to have very low sexual dimorphism so females look nearly identical to males. I always thought this was pretty unique and would be a shame if it's retconned so we can have "sexy" ogres going around.

And he didnt ever say they chose to go with goblins instead, maybe he meant they were originally for Alliance But if one race has deep connections and history with one faction, Blizzard wouldn't just undermine this all and put them on the opposing faction, making up some nonsensical lore reasons why? would they???

Maybe Garithos was once quite nice to a few of them so the entire race has decided to join up with the Alliance and slaughter their old friends and Allies that would make sense.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

15+ Year Old Account
    Man i would love to have an ogre character, been waiting for ages to seem them. Good to see they were at least considered, maybe there is hope?

10+ Year Old Account
    Since the race team is working on new models, I seriously doubt you'll be seeing any new race next expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't like to have Ogres, they feel just out of the boundary for a playable race. But hey, that's just me.

They need to make ogre females suuuuuuuuuuuuper hot, for the irony factor.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Since the race team is working on new models, I seriously doubt you'll be seeing any new race next expansion.
    I've seen you post this quite a few times now, I think you're failing to realize that the old-race model revisions are not a number one priority. Sure they're working on them, but the art team isn't pushing back new content for the sake of working on them. Blizzard made it very, very clear that the races are not on any sort of time frame, and will be released gradually and as they end up getting to it.

That's not to say there will be a new race for the next expansion, but the old models being redone is hardly a major reason why one wouldn't get done. Especially considering the amount of time the team has to work on a new race (note how late into development they continued to work on Worgen females, and how late female pandaren were put in relative to the rest of mists content.

Also consider that many of the races already have newer model bases in-game (Zandalari use an updated male night elf model, Vol'jin uses an updated male troll model, Thrall, Garrosh, Varian, Anduin, Jaina, etc). And that the dev team is quite large and could easily assign a few people to work on simple models for the next expansion (ore veins, herbs, low item level gear/weapons, etc) and work on the races when they're ahead of schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Yogg-Saron, God of Death View Post
    If Ogres and some other races are chosen over Ethereals, I'll crash my head into the keyboard and become a sad God of Death.

You don't want a sad God of Death. You will learn that my thousand faces can make thousand frownies and pouties and you will relent!

Seriously!

What isn't cool about..

-Ethereal-

That? D:
    I've always found Ethereals extremely bland personally. It's just some shiny toilet paper in a humanoid shape. Also, if Blizzard considers having both genders as a very important factor, then Ethereals are either out of the image or they would require a lot of work. They'd require a lot of work regardless, with the armor and customization and all. Of course it is possible, but I imagine Blizzard would rather go the obvious route. Plus, Ethereals has thus far been portrayed as nothing but businessmen across the galaxy, few of them are fighters, and even if they are fighter they're mostly spellcasters, can't recall any Ethereal Warriors for example. Then again, same thing was true for Goblins pre-Cata.

Not only that, but Ogres wouldn't steal the Ethereals' spotlight. If anything, Ethereals WILL be a neutral race, like the Pandaren. Ogres are destined to be a Horde-only race, so they're no threat to taking Ethereals' place. Ethereals also haven't met as high a demand throughout WoW's lifespan as Goblins, Pandaren, Ogres or Nagas, it's only until recently that people have gone nuts about them, while people have demanded the past mentioned races since TBC first introduced new races.

Make ogres reproduce through spores.

There, first mono-gender race.

Quote Originally Posted by Yogg-Saron, God of Death View Post
    What isn't cool about..

That? D:
    OMEMFG LOOK AT THAT QTY HE SPARKLES LIKE EDWARD LUV LUV LUV!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    What is pretty easy to implement about a two headed new character model? First of all they need to redo the complete model, as the current ones are limited in their movement and way below the current standards. Then they need to design and create females. Then they need to figure out how the hell a helm and shoulders would fit on TWO HEADS! That linked fanart picture looks nice, with those simple, small helmets, but try doing that with the huge, intricate designs of later tier gear with all their special animations and stuff. Nothing easy about any of that.

I dislike ogres, so I hope they will never be implemented. Give me ethereals any day!

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    What is pretty easy to implement about a two headed new character model? First of all they need to redo the complete model, as the current ones are limited in their movement and way below the current standards. Then they need to design and create females. Then they need to figure out how the hell a helm and shoulders would fit on TWO HEADS! That linked fanart picture looks nice, with those simple, small helmets, but try doing that with the huge, intricate designs of later tier gear with all their special animations and stuff. Nothing easy about any of that.

I dislike ogres, so I hope they will never be implemented. Give me ethereals any day!
    One-headed Ogres dude. Other than that Ogres will be much easier to integrate and design than Worgens, not to mention Draeneis, both because of head shapes and the fact that they're already an intergral part of Warcraft, no need to create a new culture for them.

Plus, your whole argument is flawed in that you say Ogres won't be a new race because they're hard to pull off, and then you beg for Etherals afterwards. Ethereals would be one of the hardest races to pull off, because they're literally nothing but bandages, what's a female Ethereal? How does armor fit on them? As well as the other problems I mentioned earlier. Now Blizzard did say they like to design something challenging when asked about the Naga in the very same Q&A as this thread is about, so it's not impossible, but Ogres and Naga definitely seem to be the go-to races atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soratrox View Post
    I've seen you post this quite a few times now, I think you're failing to realize that the old-race model revisions are not a number one priority. Sure they're working on them, but the art team isn't pushing back new content for the sake of working on them. Blizzard made it very, very clear that the races are not on any sort of time frame, and will be released gradually and as they end up getting to it.

That's not to say there will be a new race for the next expansion, but the old models being redone is hardly a major reason why one wouldn't get done. Especially considering the amount of time the team has to work on a new race (note how late into development they continued to work on Worgen females, and how late female pandaren were put in relative to the rest of mists content.

Also consider that many of the races already have newer model bases in-game (Zandalari use an updated male night elf model, Vol'jin uses an updated male troll model, Thrall, Garrosh, Varian, Anduin, Jaina, etc). And that the dev team is quite large and could easily assign a few people to work on simple models for the next expansion (ore veins, herbs, low item level gear/weapons, etc) and work on the races when they're ahead of schedule.
    In terms of simple logic, it would be bizarre for the art team to have already finished the dwarves, continued work on the other races, then stop that work to develop brand new races. It would make far more sense to complete the redesign of the old races, and then pool resources to start on new races, since those would be starting from scratch.

There's also the issue with not having many options to choose from in terms of new races. Redesigning the old models is a surefire win. In contrast, bringing in new races such as those suggested on these forums may suck, and that would be a huge waste of resources.

Remember, Ogres lost out to Goblins, Panderans, and Worgens, so its a huge gamble to waste development time on a race that even the developers aren't keen on. Also, despite what some people on this forum believe, I don't think many people would play as an Ogre in the game.