Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is also the Dreadmaul and the Dunemaul that the other Horde members recruited to and I think Dire Maul should be their home city of choice.
    GET IT? MAUL! LOL.......-_-; *Sigh* I know its lame, but I want Feralas a Horde zone and maybe Alliance can have Gilneas and a little chunk of Silverpine Forest for their own to.
    For the Horde!

Deleted
    They should just make it so ogres don't have any gender, problem solved! Just make it very customizeable with the different heads and it would be fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just can't picture ogres wearing full armor. Their race seems more into running around in lioncloths. It also doesn't help that they're not very bright. Aren't they on the same intellectual level as Gnolls?

The more I think about it, the more I'm starting to realize that Blizzard may have reached the end of playable classes for WoW. That could explain why they're now working on updating the old race models.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I just can't picture ogres wearing full armor. Their race seems more into running around in lioncloths. It also doesn't help that they're not very bright. Aren't they on the same intellectual level as Gnolls?
    These guys are all over the place too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtree View Post
    These guys are all over the place too.
    I mean like a tier set such as these;

Meh, either way, I just don't see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Don't be so disrespectful. Even if I were a man, you shouldn't be calling strangers 'dude'. And One-Headed Ogres are just fat humans, even more stupid then the Two-Headed variant.

It's still just as much work to create a new model for Ogres as it is for Worgen and Draenei.

This, I have no idea where it came from. I argued that they wouldn't be easy to implement, but never suggested that it was a reason to not implement them. I was only commenting on the 'easy' part.

So, this matters nothing, as I never said they wouldn't implement Ogres because of the work involved nor did I say Ethereals were easier. I just like their looks more.

You have bitter leaking out of every part of your body "dude".

Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    100 is just a number, Blizz has said time and again. There is no reason to think that WoW will "end" at lvl 100 or that Sargeras is around the corner. Blizz will continue dropping expansions as long as it turns a profit, not a day sooner.

Ogres and Ethereals* should be added with the new models. Not as an expansion feature, but as a repair patch since both of them "should" have been in since vanilla.

Ogres too big? Tauren and draenei say hello. Ogres comparable in size to tauren would be fine.
    Ogres with two heads? Easy, what ever helm you equip gets rendered twice on each head. One slot, two images. Easy.
    Female Ogres? If the gamebreaker for you is that Blizz released a PC race with females you don't wanna bang, then you're kinda pathetic.

Fixed bolded. Agree with the rest though. 100 is only a number, and ogres are sort of an obvious choice for a race, seeing as they already have so many Horde ties. Also, not all ogres are stupid, so it's a non-issue.

It's funny though, that everyone wants ogres now. I've seen ogres suggested many times in the past few years and always, the majority has been like "lol, no. ogres are stupid, airheaded fatties. don't want to play that.". What a change!

But so help me if they ever dare to implement High Elves and advertise them as a new race. What a waste of potential. Sadly, most Alliance people wouldn't even be bothered, despite how they're actually recolored Blood Elves when it comes to it.

Throws the whole "Blizzard is lazy, always recycling stuff" argument right under the bus, doesn't it? I mean, when you use it when it suits you, and then when your "favorite race" is nothing but a recycled blood elf, it's suddenly a good thing. Ah-well, that's just me looking into the future, seeing as so many people are big fans of High Elves.

If anything, they could change Blood Elves completely, turn them into a neutral race like Pandaren, make the starting zone be in the past when the eventual Blood and High Elves split up, and when you choose to go Alliance, your char remains a High Elf, and if you choose to go Horde, you will become a Blood Elf.

Of course you'd have the issue that the Horde will lose an exclusive race for it to go neutral, so only Alliance gains a new race. To remedy that, another Alliance race would have to go neutral in exchange.

Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ViridianCC View Post
    What the fuck? The Arrakoa have no connection to the Alliance.
    Arrakoa helped the Alliance Expedition in the Second War and a number have turebnd to the light. Then there is the Draenei connection to consider.

What the fuck? The Wolvar have no connection to the Alliance.
    Fairly irrelevant as a link can be provided as part of any intro story

What the fuck? The Vrykul are enemies of the Alliance and actively despise Humans as their deformed children.
    Same as above. Given they value strength, it wouldn't be imnpossble for their story to involve as readjustment of their attitudes.

What the fuck? A historically neutral dragonflight joining with the Alliance?
    Again...not impossible espcially given their recent sacrifice. The Alliance is more likely to be hoe for them give the Horde has ticked off the Blues, Reds and Greens.

What the fuck? A totally made up race?
    Aren't they all? Well...other than humans.

What the fuck? The Ethereals have no connection to the Alliance.
    As above - irrelevant.

Contrary to popular belief, you can't just make up or choose whatever shitty race you think is 'cool' to assume to be a future Alliance/Horde race. Guess what? Every playable race we have in game has been established since Warcraft 3 or further
    Except Worgen.

so... Hate to be a big let-down, but they're not gonna implement some stupid weaboo fan-race with no prior lore backing, nor pick a race that has absolutely no history with the Alliance or Horde aside from one-off villains made to swell enemy ranks in an old expansion.

So - when Blizzard talk of adding Ogres, naga...Drakonids, Ethereals...to the game as player races, they aren't that serious?

EJL

Why do they keep rehashing "old" races, make something new and interesting.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I mean like a tier set such as these;

Meh, either way, I just don't see it happening.
    they've got about the same armor worgen had

Deleted
    Could imagine Furbolgs for the Alliance, would be my first choice if I had to name a race. Could also imagine Dryards, would be awesome, but they have to solve the 4 legs problem. But dont see a big problem with that. Same goes for the helmets for two headed ogre.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    From the front page of Mmo-champion:

So they didn't add Ogres as a playable race because they didn't know how females should look? Do you think they will add them in the future expansion?
    Dont forget they also said that panda females were hard to create and they cudnt find a good look for them but they did.

And as for the female ogre look,isnt therazane and that mauradon end boss a kind of female ogre??

10+ Year Old Account
    just give playable murlocks already, everyone is waiting for it ^^

I dont think female ogres would be too hard they did female panda's quite well (voice is too old) and i wont bring up female worgen for fear of rising the ALPHA thread from the grave, though i dont think two headed ogres would be very practical, there being way to many customization variables

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogg-Saron, God of Death View Post

If Ogres and some other races are chosen over Ethereals, I'll crash my head into the keyboard and become a sad God of Death.

You don't want a sad God of Death. You will learn that my thousand faces can make thousand frownies and pouties and you will relent!

Seriously!

What isn't cool about..

That? D:
    To my knowledge, Ethereals don't even have a gender? They are just beings of pure energy who uses magical wrappings to get a humanoid shape. How exactly would they even equip gear?

This is what they really look like:

http://www.wowpedia.org/Ethereal

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    To my knowledge, Ethereals don't even have a gender? They are just beings of pure energy who uses magical wrappings to get a humanoid shape. How exactly would they even equip gear?

I have one thing to say: Blizzard.

You can say all you want, but they know how to sexualize just about -ANYTHING-.

Aside from that, I think that instead of being an issue, the unbound form actually makes for a pretty cool racial, rather than an obstruction.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, how do a freaking female ogre look like? How the hell do they reproduce ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mokaproductionist View Post
    They do have a gender, they were once organic beings until Dimensius invaded their homeworld. They had females then and they sure have females now, we just haven't seen them. Gear over the bandages of course.

As for the unbound form, they can just put it like they can't survive without their essence sealed in the wrappings, or else they start to disintegrate.

Oh yeah, that is true too. They weren't always like that. I still think the unbound form would make a fun racial without any real benefits, like the worgen form!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post

They do have a gender, they were once organic beings until Dimensius invaded their homeworld. They had females then and they sure have females now, we just haven't seen them. Gear over the bandages of course.

As for the unbound form, they can just put it like they can't survive without their essence sealed in the wrappings, or else they start to disintegrate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ViridianCC View Post
    Not impossible, but I wouldn't say likely.

Most likely.

What the fuck? The Arrakoa have no connection to the Alliance.

What the fuck? The Wolvar have no connection to the Alliance.

What the fuck? The Vrykul are enemies of the Alliance and actively despise Humans as their deformed children.

What the fuck? A historically neutral dragonflight joining with the Alliance?

What the fuck? A totally made up race?

What the fuck? The Ethereals have no connection to the Alliance.

Contrary to popular belief, you can't just make up or choose whatever shitty race you think is 'cool' to assume to be a future Alliance/Horde race. Guess what? Every playable race we have in game has been established since Warcraft 3 or further, so... Hate to be a big let-down, but they're not gonna implement some stupid weaboo fan-race with no prior lore backing, nor pick a race that has absolutely no history with the Alliance or Horde aside from one-off villains made to swell enemy ranks in an old expansion.
    Pandas say high.

There doesn't need to be a connection to anything...they can create a connection. That's the great thing about having a fantasy game, you can do wathever the fuck you want if you write it properly and got your shit down.

It's not the first and surely won't be the last time Blizz has made a weird change lore wise to make something work ingame.