Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ogres for the Horde and High Elves for the Alliance! It's pure logic!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by manicwrath View Post
    Alliance in an awkward one, furbolgs? high elves? arakkoa? Wolvar? Vrykul?dragonkin? humanoid tol'vir? etherals?
    YES! YES PLEASE! I hate the Alliance so much, give them Cat-people to their Dog-people and make them hunt eachother all day while we take over Gilneas. DD

10+ Year Old Account
    The city of mental problems and bridge-jumpers, Finland
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Nope. High Elves are nearly extinct and rest of them are slowly spiraling to being wretched. (On Azeroth) It's pure logic :3

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    So that 1 boat of Goblins is legit. Or that 1 tribe of Trolls. Or the tiny faction of Blood Elves that arent dead yet. Or the non mutated gnomes who miraculously survived.

Population hasnt ever been much of an issue.
    Still, High Elves are going extinct.

And you dont make a race playable when you are intending them to be gone.

10+ Year Old Account
    So that 1 boat of Goblins is legit. Or that 1 tribe of Trolls. Or the tiny faction of Blood Elves that arent dead yet. Or the non mutated gnomes who miraculously survived.

Population hasnt ever been much of an issue.
    When that rest is slowly dying, it kinda does get to be an issue

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shariest View Post
    The rest isn't slowly dying though. The Silver Covenant represents the strongest the High Elves have been since the destruction of the Sunwell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. High Elves are nearly extinct and rest of them are slowly spiraling to being wretched. (On Azeroth) It's pure logic :3
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Still, High Elves are going extinct.

And you dont make a race playable when you are intending them to be gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    The rest isn't slowly dying though. The Silver Covenant represents the strongest the High Elves have been since the destruction of the Sunwell.
    Do not forget that the High Elves still have a bastion in Greenwood, where they are regrouping and waiting for Alleria returns to lead them to glory along with the rest of the Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    To put it like this, if they can pull pandas out their arse, HE's would be a breeze.
    Panda's weren't that far stretched, i think some tinfoil-hatted people guessed them becoming the next race. Pandaren also fill the role of neutral starting faction and opened enough doors.

With HE's it's actually just the ones in Dalaran that are safe, HE's are physically addicted to Arcane-magic, which limits their doings lore-wise way too much. HE's are among the races that currently has the least chance of getting to be playable... Sporeggar are more possible than High Elves :3 Not to mention that they are often described as being above the Horde-Alliance conflict. And if that wasn't enough, Alliance just failed negotiations with Belf's which most likely more than discouraged them to try more stubborn HE's

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    They nearly dwell in Arcane at Dalaran, and Kirin Tor might be able to provide some form of continuous-magic, so that they wouldn't dip too deep into withdrawal.

And about the Greenwood. I didn't even know it existed :3 Good bit of lore. But the High Elves there might have suffered the same fate as the ones surrounding the Lodge. The place's destiny seems to be open. Exciting ;3
    Last edited by Shariest; 2013-09-28 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Multiple answers!

I can't pick out female Hozen either...

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh not really the lore has been updated a bit. HE's are scattered throughout the human kingdoms and Dalaran, as well as being temporary refugees at the Sunwell which now satiates their addiction which they could control in the past regardless. The elves are probably one of the most influencial races in WoW and even though we have BE's I still feel theres a major gap.

As for the negotiations, the HE's have always been with the Humans and they wont be leaving anytime soon, if anything they would be happy that negotiations with the BE's failed since they regard them as lesser beings. I dunno where your getting the story from but its not really that accurate, a few mins on wowwiki might get you back upto date.
    Took a 10-month-vacation from WoW for the first school year... So me lore could be a bit rusted. HE's being stubborn is something that i picked up from what i've read of em. (+ The Lor'Themar's story on the WoW's Lore section) But meh... They still feel too close to Blood Elves... But let's let the time tell :3

Edit: Guess twice was it within the minute i send this that i remember the Sunwell-bit :/ Also, i've been using WoWpedia, which actually seems to be more lackluster in terms of lore :/ :/
    Last edited by Shariest; 2013-09-28 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Me,Dumbo, You up to date.

Deleted
    I would prefer they give us something new rather than a race we have already seen.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Yeah, i really like the idea of Nagas, but i also would love to play an Arakkoa, for some reason i love bird-like races
    The arakkoa are awesome, and you can get an item that'll turn you into one for a bit in skettes I think its called.
    If you can't make fun of something, its probably not worth taking seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh God not another one.

How about Ogres for the Alliance and High Elves for the Horde. Think of the advantages. The Alliance gets a big, chunky, ugly race that fills a niche they don't currently have, and given that the Elves are already Hordeside Blizzard is halfway there.

Ogres for the Alliance!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoNamedPride View Post
    YES! YES PLEASE! I hate the Alliance so much, give them Cat-people to their Dog-people and make them hunt eachother all day while we take over Gilneas. DD
    I found leaked concept art of the female tol'vir.

Here it is.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Do not forget that the High Elves still have a bastion in Greenwood, where they are regrouping and waiting for Alleria returns to lead them to glory along with the rest of the Alliance.

Northem you keep posting that link to Greenwood and I keep posting the link to www.fanfiction.net/game/warcraft

Greenwood doesn't exist.

It's your personal fantasy you are projecting onto the game.

Stop treating your fanfiction as canon. Let's treat my fiction as canon instead. The Great High Elf plague.

In the Great High Elf plague, a sickness befell all the remaining High Elves. All one hundred of them were struck down. And their unicorns. And they all keeled over and perished, even the Unicorns,except for Veressa because she is needed for future stories to give Jaina someone to hate the Horde with.

And that was the end of the High Elves.

So I can't understand why you talk about Greenwood, when as I've clearly pointed, all the High Elves suddenly and tragically died. You can't say it didn't happen. I believe so strongly that it did that it simply must be true, and I will treat it as canon from this point onwards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rumaya2000 View Post
    Northem you keep posting that link to Greenwood and I keep posting the link to www.fanfiction.net/game/warcraft

Greenwood doesn't exist.

It's your personal fantasy you are projecting onto the game.

Stop treating your fanfiction as canon. Let's treat my fiction as canon instead. The Great High Elf plague.

In the Great High Elf plague, a sickness befell all the remaining High Elves. All one hundred of them were struck down. And their unicorns. And they all keeled over and perished, even the Unicorns,except for Veressa because she is needed for future stories to give Jaina someone to hate the Horde with.

And that was the end of the High Elves.

So I can't understand why you talk about Greenwood, when as I've clearly pointed, all the High Elves suddenly and tragically died. You can't say it didn't happen. I believe so strongly that it did that it simply must be true, and I will treat it as canon from this point onwards.
    We KNOW there's a location in northern Lordaeron. We KNOW pre-Cata it was called Quel'thalas.

We don't know if it will become part of WoW and who lives there.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    We KNOW there's a location in northern Lordaeron. We KNOW pre-Cata it was called Quel'thalas.

We don't know if it will become part of WoW and who lives there.
    We know its not bastion of high elf civilisation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your proof?

You have none, just as the other guy has no proof it is. Until it is introduced into the game, we have to assume it could be a bastion of the BElves, the HElves, and the Undead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody knows what is there, but you're almost certainly right.

But our resident High Elf cheerleader in chief has projected his fantasy of a thriving High Elf colony where the Elves are real Elves, statues of Alliance hero Anasterian Sunstrider dot the streets (as Northem tells it, Anasterian the beloved is second only to Anduin Lothar himself in terms of how much he is loved by the Alliance. And all he did was send the minimum High Elf force to help the Alliance he felt he could get away with and left the Alliance upon the first half justifiable pretext he could find. Yeah, they were REALLY central to the Alliance back in the day) and unicorns prance merrily in the many green meadows the Scourge somehow missed in the middle of their genocide. As per Northem's vision, these High Elves do not mince, do not hold pride parades, and are all VERY strictly manly and noble. They aren't lascivious or sexually ambiguous like the Blood Elves (the last are references to genuine Northem statements. He thinks the Blood Elves are a bit too gay for his tastes).

Quote Originally Posted by Vren View Post
    Female ogres aren't very far from their male counterpart. Blizzard just likes to please the "we liek shinies" crowd (and yet somehow fem Worgen came out terrible).

This isn't my image, but the same concept I have of fem Ogres in my head. They would be wonderful as another neutral race.
    Perfect! That's amazing. Could you make the tits a little bigger though?