Poll: Would you be willing to lose a zone in another expansion to reflect the changes said?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Don't you know, any time the Alliance loses any advantage they want to cry "Blizzard hates the Alliance and loves to screw us over, the only way to make this equal is to delete the Horde faction"
    If this game wasn't an MMO and the story played out in a sensical fashion, what would happen once the Alliance wins the war is that all the conquered zones that the Horde took would in fact be given back to the Alliance. That is how actual wars work. Considering that the Alliance will successfully siege Orgrimmar, it means that the Horde would have no choice but to give all the land back to them. Unless of course they decide to start fighting the Alliance yet again and somehow manages to force them to leave. Though, that would be quite moronic.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    No, you had it for like 30 minutes before we took it from you. That's over 2-3 years vs 30 minutes. It's a horde territory.
    Horde loose the actual city at the end of their quest chain. Then the battle for the zone goes on in the outskirts/contryside in the battleground setting.
    Last edited by Mesovr; 2013-04-26 at 10:48 PM.
    Pretend this is a amazing sig with my character holding an legendary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    If this game wasn't an MMO and the story played out in a sensical fashion, what would happen once the Alliance wins the war is that all the conquered zones that the Horde took would in fact be given back to the Alliance. That is how actual wars work. Considering that the Alliance will successfully siege Orgrimmar, it means that the Horde would have no choice but to give all the land back to them. Unless of course they decide to start fighting the Alliance yet again and somehow manages to force them to leave. Though, that would be quite moronic.
    I think you're forgetting that if this wasn't an MMO Garrosh wouldn't have needed to be 180'd and written like a Post-Great-War Fascist Dictator.

If this game wasn't an MMO and the story played out in a sensical fashion, what would happen ...
    The game would be so radically different we wouldn't be having this discussion at all. Far to many events in this game hinge on forcing the two sides to interact. In all likelihood the Forsaken and Night Elves would not be members of the Horde or Alliance. There would be two wars going on, Night Elves vs Horde (orcs/trolls/tauren) and Forsaken vs Alliance (humans/dwarves/gnomes). There wouldn't be much, if any, interaction between the two continents.

I guess Blizzard wants the Alliance and the worgen to eventually retake Gilneas. The question is development time and resources which are usually needed elsewhere. The time is not right yet. Even if we retake the city itself, it will be a ghost town like most other alliance cities. Most players will just hang out in Stormwind anyway.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Think of it as not just giving it back but phasing it and then showing the conflict between the two peoples-then in the end the Gilneans just wipe out the Forsaken and then we can maybe close the Greymane wall and end with them being like "We've won...But we still must get back our lost lands and build or defenses on the coast" -then there can be daily quests about fortifying the coasts, or helping the undead ships and a boat from storm wind to Gilneas to help gilnean's "reclaim their homes" etc. That way we don't have Alliance players ganking lowbie hordies and we have a continuation of the reason for the battleground to exist.

In a heartbeat. It'd be great having an alliance city as cool as, or cooler than Ironforge. I know we don't really visit our old cities very often, but I don't care, Gilneas was gorgeous and I'd willingly spend time there when I don't need to be. The only thing that would make me as excited as seeing Gilneas back up and running is if the alliance got a purged Stratholme or Grim Batol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    I think you're forgetting that if this wasn't an MMO Garrosh wouldn't have needed to be 180'd and written like a Post-Great-War Fascist Dictator.
    They did not need to do it before, either, but they went with that route, so that's that. Plus, if they actually knew what they were supposed to do with the character back in TBC it would not have been that much of an issue to write the story in this direction. That is as long as they had built his character properly in the game, which they did not actually do.

---------- Post added 2013-04-26 at 11:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Darmalus View Post
    The game would be so radically different we wouldn't be having this discussion at all. Far to many events in this game hinge on forcing the two sides to interact. In all likelihood the Forsaken and Night Elves would not be members of the Horde or Alliance. There would be two wars going on, Night Elves vs Horde (orcs/trolls/tauren) and Forsaken vs Alliance (humans/dwarves/gnomes). There wouldn't be much, if any, interaction between the two continents.
    Perhaps, but it's not too much of a stretch that the Forsaken and Night Elves joined the factions they are in right now considering what happened in WarCraft 3. Both would have needed allies and at least there was something to gain for all parties by this. Though, I don't see how there is a need to bring this up when we are facing new issues that are occurring right now. We simply have got too far into this story to start going back to square one.

The Horde has no say in what gets claimed or reclaimed. Aiding them in besieging Orgrimmar would give us a tremendous advantage over them because we would already be deep in their territory. It only makes sense that we allow them to accrue the most casualties and then slay what remains once Garrosh lays dead. Though it's safe to assume Blizzard will create some horrible, ill-conceived excuse to stop us from doing anything more than walking away.

10+ Year Old Account
    They can have it as long as the Gallywix Pleasure Palace is opened.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Oh, hell no, not another "old world revamp". I hope Blizzard has learned their lesson.

---------- Post added 2013-04-26 at 09:48 PM ----------

You know, Napoleon Bonaparte besieged and burned Moscow ... before being forced out of Russia with his tail between his legs.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

they should give it back to allies imo, we could really use a city there in that geographic area and its sad that worgen are so neglected.

I'd love for the Worgen to return to Gilneas and, while I'm not sure Gilneas City should be a capital, it could at least be something of a hub along the lines of Capital City or Bilgewater Harbor. It'd be great for Alliance to have a few flight points up in western Lordaeron again.

Should it be upgraded to full-fledged capital, however, the Goblins would ideally want to salvage Kezan or hole up in Undermine, seeing as how Bilgewater Harbor is QUITE close to Org, and Horde really doesn't need another capital city so close to another. (Another SMC/UC - Darnassus/Exodar situation)

10+ Year Old Account
    I rather like Gilneas as it is now: empty of worgen scum. I'd rather have a new zone than a old one full of mongrels.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I feel that with the current poll as it is the large majority think that Gilneas SHOULD be a cool quest hub/battle/retake over/Alliance Win location in the not too distant future. People are willing to give up a new zone to have it so-this was the question asked by Blizz when they told us about effecting phasing the alliance wins-Blizzard needs to know this is what the players want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Nice idea, but will never happens anytime soon, Blizzard has been too much clear on what they think on further old-world changing. If they'll do, they'll do something very very little.

At this point i would love some revamp on Outlands, i love them. But unlikely to happens this too.