Poll: Would you be willing to lose a zone in another expansion to reflect the changes said?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    So two zones that were completed and their story actually resolved are priority over one that seems to be left dangling or for Alliance players was completely nonexistent?

Or is it an issue if Gilneas were revamped a bit, that would be Alliance content and less for Horde and we can't have that? Honestly, this is kind of how the Alliance feels Blizzard views development time.
    Or probably because these two zones were completely untouched by the Cataclysm, whereas Gilneas is just 2 years old. Hmmm....

---------- Post added 2013-04-26 at 02:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    There can still be a battleground even if the Alliance retakes it.
    Of course it could be so, but that'd be a heavy immersion breaker. And be sure, that unless Goblins get Kezan back, you wont see Gilneas as a useful city.
    Last edited by mmoc59b5827c7e; 2013-04-26 at 02:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think blizzards reasoning to why gilneas is now a dead zone, it because the goblin starting zone, once you complete it, is gone and you can't return to it.

So unless that made gilneas into a contested zone for questing later, its not really balanced in terms of who gets what.

*Looks around*

Wheres genn? He's usually here by now.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Or probably because these two zones were completely untouched by the Cataclysm, whereas Gilneas is just 2 years old. Hmmm....

---------- Post added 2013-04-26 at 02:51 PM ----------

Of course it could be so, but that'd be a heavy immersion breaker. And be sure, that unless Goblins get Kezan back, you wont see Gilneas as a useful city.
    I'm not sure how it would. The Alliance has control of the zone and Horde forces attack from the north.

---------- Post added 2013-04-26 at 02:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I think blizzards reasoning to why gilneas is now a dead zone, it because the goblin starting zone, once you complete it, is gone and you can't return to it.

So unless that made gilneas into a contested zone for questing later, its not really balanced in terms of who gets what.

*Looks around*

Wheres genn? He's usually here by now.
    Only that the Goblins have their own zone in Aszhara. With Bilgewater harbor in the middle of it and Gallywix's pleasure palace. Giving the Gilneans Gilneas (which makes really a lot of sense, since it's their city) would balance that out.

Burn it to ashes, give them no reason to return.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd gladly let the alliance have Gilneas, and I am a Forsaken! Just don't you dare try get Lordaeron back, there's no way *shakes stump of fist*
    The worgen has a tree in darnassus and that's about it isn't it ? Rather lame I would say.

Also, the alliance can have arati (restoring stromgarde to it's former glory), Forsaken keeps hillsbrad in return. Another area the BG would mess up immersion I suppose, but it could still work out, just somewhat different in-game compared to the BG. With the battle in the world being between the border of hillsbrad and arati, instead of the middle of arati like in the BG.

What about swamp of sorrows ? isn't stonard overwhelmed by alliance from a quest PoV these days ? I have only played the horde part still.

Deleted
    Unless Undercity is moved to a different location it can't happen. You can't have two capital cities so close to eachother, it screws up leveling zones for low level players. Silverpine would become a contested zone. So players from lvl 10 would get ganked. Blizzard would lose potential players. It's not going to happen.

You know what happens when someone on a trial account reaches Silverpine and gets constantly ganked? He certainly wouldn't buy the game. Blizzard knows this, that's why there aren't contested zones close to a capital city/starting zone.

Deleted
    Incredible architecture & atmosphere, would trade Stormwind for Gilneas in a heartbeat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Unless Undercity is moved to a different location it can't happen. You can't have two capital cities so close to eachother, it screws up leveling zones for low level players. Silverpine would become a contested zone. So players from lvl 10 would get ganked. Blizzard would lose potential players. It's not going to happen.

You know what happens when someone on a trial account reaches Silverpine and gets constantly ganked? He certainly wouldn't buy the game. Blizzard knows this, that's why there aren't contested zones close to a capital city/starting zone.
    Why must the area be a low leveling zone? it might as well become a contested daily hub zone with an extremely fortified alliance city in the middle of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post

Silverpine doesn't have to be a contested zone. There are no quests for Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    We're still fighting in Warsong Gulch, Arath Basin, and Alterac Valley for years on end and even then the battles there have pretty much ended in lore. I think we can manage having to fight in Gilneas for some years, as well.

Deleted
    Kill off all the worgens, let the Undead take all of the northern kingdoms fully.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Hub of the worst British accents you could find. No ide rather let it rot with the undead.

Ignoring that, the Forsaken are waay too strong to take it from, even during the Seige I doubt their forces would be hurt enough to even try taking Gilneas back. Its just not worth the effort, for every soldier that dies you get another on the enemy side. Fighting a war next to the Forsaken base isnt one you can win. Theres almost no weak point to them.
    Worgen can't be turned into undead though. In fact the Worgen already had the upper hand in the Silverpine zone, but it was only there to see for Horde players and they were forced to retreat because they held Crowley's daughter hostage.

Worgen can't be turned into undead though. In fact the Worgen already had the upper hand in the Silverpine zone, but it was only there to see for Horde players and they were forced to retreat because they held Crowley's daughter hostage.
    His daughter was only used to make it easier, if you watch closely during finale, you see worgen getting slaughtered all around. Even Crowley knew that it was a last stand.

Deleted
    Gilneas is core horde territory as long as it has been in WoW. It's historical roots lie with the Horde and the Alliance trying to claim what is rightfuly the Hordes is kinda weird.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Gilneas is core horde territory as long as it has been in WoW. It's historical roots lie with the Horde and the Alliance trying to claim what is rightfuly the Hordes is kinda weird.
    Is this sarcasm?

Would rather see Stratholme cleaned and retaken and actually become an alliance major city. Gilneas never really did it for me.

Deleted
    Is this sarcasm?
    No, you had it for like 30 minutes before we took it from you. That's over 2-3 years vs 30 minutes. It's a horde territory.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would like the world the change all the time with the changes but that is impossible. Although I want Gilneas changed I'd prefer getting Gnomeregan back instead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    No, you had it for like 30 minutes before we took it from you. That's over 2-3 years vs 30 minutes. It's a horde territory.
    Ok. Let me get this straight.

You are saying that it's Horde territory, because the Horde took it from them? You do realize that the Gilneans lived there for longer than 30 minutes right? Also lorewise the Alliance is holding the territory. That's were Crowley and the Gilneans retreated to.

Deleted
    As a huge Worgen fan, I feel that they had LOADS of potential. However, Worgen NPC's practically don't exist outside of the Worgen starting experience, and all they got as a city district was a tree in Darnassus. Until 5.2, the tree didn't even have an INNKEEPER.

Gilneas has such promise to be an awesome front between the Worgen and the forsaken, and it's been completely ignored. If Gilneas is ever revisited, I would simply say it's about damn time!