10 m raid dps help

Hi, I'm the current raid leader of H K vs T on Kel'thuzad. We are currently 2/13 H after finally..sort of?..solidifying our raid team. Tonight we attempted Heroic Iron Qon and our DPS was pretty atrocious.

I'm looking for a bit of assistance in figuring out what people are doing wrong. worldoflogs.com/reports/aopc1h4gu4utncjk/

A couple of notes, the DK is our normal off tank and he isn't quite used to dpsing and we are using the melee take a lot of stacks strat so obviously lots of lovely parrying for us melee.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm my specialty lies in Ret paladins and it seems you've only got a prot and a holy.

Your warlock looks either A under-geared, or B doing something wrong, because ours are usually destroying the meters in our raids, and you've got all the appropriate buffs there's nothing that should be stunting his/her damage. I'll try to get some logs in a sec to compare, stand by...
    Shadow priest while isn't the most amazing dps spec can be doing more... Our leader is a shadow priest and does just as much as our top dps can. Can you provide armories for us? The warlock and shadow priest specifically for me.

Otherwise...egh I mean it's not dps from the gods but you could do it. Keep your healers busy when there's a low damage period by smacking some tail too.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kelthuzad/Fallenbeast/simple warlock

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kelthuzad/Mirakl/simple priest

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kelthuzad/Shakemybear/simple myself

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kelthuzad/Jethornn/simple rogue

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kelthuzad/Magef%C3%A2ce/simple mage
    Last edited by Dagonfel; 2013-05-27 at 09:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry internet is really slow today, the only fundamental differences I can tell between the two warlocks in my group and yours is the use of 4 set.
    One of ours has gone all gung ho on crit and uses 4 set. The other hasn't got the 4 set and has reforged similarly to yours. On the logs theres a larger use of chaos bolt, and a more even distribution of incinerate and immolate, it's almost as though yours is over using it. (based on overall damage log)

Ask him to read up various reforging or if he's 100% sure on his rotation. Maybe the crit path will work out better for him.

A real warlock is free to come inside here and tell me where to put my foot, I have never played one, I'm just trying to put puzzle pieces together.

Onto the Shadow priest. Again no 4 set bonus, that's a real downer. Try to get at least the 2 set. Solace and Insanity is really the only mandatory talent... So that's fine. Our priest uses the legendary meta gem...
    There seems to be a lower use of devouring plague compared to ours. But really the reforging is all fine, focused on haste, pretty good stats overall.

I think it might just be a case of asking your raiders to tighten their rotations and do some homework. Sometimes you get complacent in what you know and you don't realize that how you're playing is no longer optimal. Even if it feels right.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Yeah our spriest should be getting his meta next week or the week after, hopefully get him tier as well. As for our warlock, he writes the guides for the Wow forums on warlocks so I really hope he's doing it right

Tell your warlock to check out sparkuggz on Youtube, he's one of Method's warlocks and he has guides and stuff that has helped jump my dps quite a bit in the past couple of days. ATM, judging by the armory linked, your warlock is 350 above the needed spell hit,which could be put into mastery most likely. Also I believe that it would help him if he used hybrid gems, such as int/mastery for his gems instead of straight int. I'm sure little things like this would be an increase in dps to begin with. I do agree with Aqua in the fact that 4 set would probably result in quite a jump if dps. Destro is quite a mindnumbingly, if thats a word, boring spec in my opinion, so I'm sure that he is doing the spec correct.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SwaggsLol View Post
    your warlock is 350 above the needed spell hit,which could be put into mastery most likely. Also I believe that it would help him if he used hybrid gems
    He's already reforging out of 3.2k hit, which should ring a bell. Only way he could get rid of some is gem a 160 int in his staff for 20 free int but apart from that it really doesn't seem like he can get rid of any more.

Yeah, his hit can't really go down anymore unless he dropped some hit gems just for the hell of it. I guess I just figured with a mage/rogue/warlock I shouldn't be number 1 on nearly all our fights and by a hefty amount usually. Especially since I use a lot of maelstrom procs for Healing Rain. Thanks for the help though guys!

---------- Post added 2013-05-28 at 01:51 PM ----------

I got some tips on the WoW forums as well and talked it over with the few people that were mentioned on these posts. Thanks again for the help and if anyone else has something to add I'm always willing to listen.