The /train noise and a serious question

How does the Horde know what a train sounds like when they do /train?

I know they have their rocket way, but that is not a locomotive powered by steam.

This perplexes me, often causes me to stare at the moon on long cold nights, and often I sip a cup of tea and nod at the moon while I ponder this.

Any ideas about this strange mystery?

Deleted
    Emotes aren't canon.

It's just for the lulz

Deleted
    I think it's because it's a game and not real life.

The Alliance does not have steam engines either.

as an aside to this...i was just thinking yesterday as i stood in the AH with an alt...how much i fucking hate the trainset...why would blizzard ever put such an amalgamation of evil in the game. On my main, i just have my wind up train wrecker on keybind and insta kill it...but i dont have on on my alt and realized i was stuck with it...i really wish they would just remove it. I muted my speakers and that was a temp fix.

Quote Originally Posted by vaeevictiss View Post
    as an aside to this...i was just thinking yesterday as i stood in the AH with an alt...how much i fucking hate the trainset...why would blizzard ever put such an amalgamation of evil in the game. On my main, i just have my wind up train wrecker on keybind and insta kill it...but i dont have on on my alt and realized i was stuck with it...i really wish they would just remove it. I muted my speakers and that was a temp fix.
    That is why "media keys" are mandatory

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Obviously in the WoW universe, the Toy Train was obviously invented as a toy before the idea of actual full sized trains has been created so they're all making the noises of the toy train and not a real train.. because they've never seen a real train before, that would be absurd.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Obviously in the WoW universe, the Toy Train was obviously invented as a toy before the idea of actual full sized trains has been created so they're all making the noises of the toy train and not a real train.. because they've never seen a real train before, that would be absurd.
    The train emote was in the game 4 years before the Toy Train Set was.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    The train emote was in the game 4 years before the Toy Train Set was.
    Ah but the set was in Dalaran, which we couldn't get to before then, so obviously people had been trolling others with the trainset before Dalaran put up its shield, long before it moved to Northrend
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Ah but the set was in Dalaran, which we couldn't get to before then, so obviously people had been trolling others with the trainset before Dalaran put up its shield, long before it moved to Northrend
    People in OG were getting annoyed when somebody in Dalaran placed a train set?

Plausible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crym View Post
    This would have to be the most accurate answer. As the little Horde were tucked in before their parents headed out for the evening to mercilessly slaughter the Alliance, they would listen to their toy train run in circles.

---------- Post added 2013-04-26 at 02:11 PM ----------

and this hypothesis would support such evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    People in OG were getting annoyed when somebody in Dalaran placed a train set?

Plausible.
    Orcs were trapped in an internment camp just a stones throw from dalaran for a few years.

I'd go with it.

It is a lesser known fact that orcs of the past had one of the best run metro systems to date. Unfortunately when their planet was destroyed almost all evidence of this was destroyed. Due to worry over another catastrophic event like this they went to zepplin based transit.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

This is something you find annoying?

It's a shame that there's a cd on the train, frankly. Just to watch folks actually scream 'griefing!'.

*chuckle*

The lil' XT pet breaks trains.

Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    How does the Horde know what a train sounds like when they do /train?

I know they have their rocket way, but that is not a locomotive powered by steam.

This perplexes me, often causes me to stare at the moon on long cold nights, and often I sip a cup of tea and nod at the moon while I ponder this.

Any ideas about this strange mystery?
    On a similar note, how is it that most of the horde can apparently build wonderful siege weapons, twin-balloon balanced airships, devise all sorts of chemical weaponry, be allied with blood elves who can make giant sprawling palaces, but apparently can't find a single orc mason that know how to cut stone in a straight goddamn line?

Silvermoon = lifestyles of the rich and famous
    Orgimmar = Kentucky trailer park.

Hopefully org gets levelled, so someone with a clue can rebuilt it