Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Unless a huge chunk of the population does it... then a handful of people quitting won't make a difference.
    Doesn't change that it's the options available, and complaining makes more difference than being complacent, no matter how few are doing it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyUK View Post
    Cant knock the collection system so far, they seemed to say before hand you'd need to use Cartel coins to unlock the collected items to your legacy, for the armour ive tested theres no CC cost which suprised me, its a pretty neat system.
    I can knock it. They mentioned a few times that you could unlock a single item (they used Revan's helmet as an example in a recent interview). It's not true. You need to obtain the whole of Revan's suit in order to unlock any part of it. Same for other suits. It's not a huge deal but it is lamentable imo.

For example, if you get Revan’s Mask for one of your characters and later destroy it, you’ll be able to re-claim the item from Collections at no extra cost. Heck, you can even claim free additional copies for all of your companions! The fee will only come into effect if you wish to gain account-wide access to the item, and this will be a one-time, account-wide fee. Continuing the above example, once you’ve paid the unlock fee for Revan’s Mask, all of the characters on your account—even those on different servers—will be able to claim unlimited copies of Revan’s Mask for free.

10+ Year Old Account
    For some reason I am picturing that popular image of the guy grinning and trying to hold all those limes as they fall out of his arms, but with Revan's Masks instead of limes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    I can knock it. They mentioned a few times that you could unlock a single item (they used Revan's helmet as an example in a recent interview). It's not true. You need to obtain the whole of Revan's suit in order to unlock any part of it. Same for other suits. It's not a huge deal but it is lamentable imo.

For example, if you get Revan’s Mask for one of your characters and later destroy it, you’ll be able to re-claim the item from Collections at no extra cost. Heck, you can even claim free additional copies for all of your companions! The fee will only come into effect if you wish to gain account-wide access to the item, and this will be a one-time, account-wide fee. Continuing the above example, once you’ve paid the unlock fee for Revan’s Mask, all of the characters on your account—even those on different servers—will be able to claim unlimited copies of Revan’s Mask for free.
    ahh makes sense, i've only tried adding my full sets, lets hope they change this.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    ahh makes sense, i've only tried adding my full sets, lets hope they change this.
    It has to be a bug...right? I mean if it's not a bug then according to what Jamos posted (which I'm assuming to be a quote without the source) then they literally lied. Not a broken promise, or any wishy washy language like we normally argue for pages about, but actual, no way to deny lying.

As low as I think they would go, I just can't see them intentionally outright lying about anything.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    It has to be a bug...right? I mean if it's not a bug then according to what Jamos posted (which I'm assuming to be a quote without the source) then they literally lied. Not a broken promise, or any wishy washy language like we normally argue for pages about, but actual, no way to deny lying.

As low as I think they would go, I just can't see them intentionally outright lying about anything.
    It will either be a bug that they will fix SOON or it will be a typo and they will change to note that a full set is needed.

Either way they will continue to let people purchase it while it is broken amd will not give any refunds for people that would like them

Deleted

Forgot to add the link, my bad.

http://swtor.crystal-dreams.us/?p=3014

EDIT: I love the Collections idea. It's just badly implemented like quite a bit of Patch 2.1. Heck they even fucked up the CE vendor dye kits. Finally adding something to the CE vendor and then forgetting to make it BOP. The result is that the fleets are flooded with CE dye kits which were supposed to be exclusive to CE owners. They've admitted to the cockup but it all adds to the general feeling of disillusionment I have with this patch. Some great ideas but very badly implemented. A pity.

This was not intended, so apologies for that. The goal was for them to be accessible to CE owners directly. However, we are not going to adjust the current Modules as "the cat is a bit out of the bag" on this one and it is already accessible to the rest of the playerbase via trade/sale. Plus, the Collector's Edition folks will still be able to control the economy on this.
    Last edited by mmoc3d23c7f243; 2013-05-14 at 08:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Forgot to add the link, my bad.

http://swtor.crystal-dreams.us/?p=3014
    Hrm...was ready to jump on board the pitchfork train with them lying, but I don't even see who they are 'interviewing' to get those quotes. Do you have a more legit source that possibly has what developer said that? Unfortunately that site isn't very professional as far as MMO reporting goes.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    After taking a peek at the dye system...it looks pretty dumb. I should have done a better job at finding out what they meant before jumping to conclusing in my head. I thought they were introducing a legit dye system like Rift, not just a pre-set color coating. Honestly it looks...awful. Outside of possibly a dark grey I can't see myself using any of these dyes.

On the other hand, the hair options do look pretty cool. I'll be super stoked to play dress up when I get home. ~_^

Deleted
    Cant knock the collection system so far, they seemed to say before hand you'd need to use Cartel coins to unlock the collected items to your legacy, for the armour ive tested theres no CC cost which suprised me, its a pretty neat system.
    ahh no i spoke to soon it seems its 360 CC's for another character to get the armour or 360 for it legacy wide.

mind changed, system is just a CC sucker.

Deleted
    Hrm...was ready to jump on board the pitchfork train with them lying, but I don't even see who they are 'interviewing' to get those quotes. Do you have a more legit source that possibly has what developer said that? Unfortunately that site isn't very professional as far as MMO reporting goes.
    All the links quote that interview. Sorry. Came out with Dulfy's similar FAQ (Dulfy got a Q&A on dye kits).

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/05...lics-2-1-patc/
    http://news.mmosite.com/content/2013...of_swtor.shtml

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind the dye system. You can get combinations already together or you can get Primary and Secondary only. From there you can dye individual pieces or just do your chest piece to get a full look.

10+ Year Old Account
    All the links quote that interview. Sorry. Came out with Dulfy's similar FAQ (Dulfy got a Q&A on dye kits).
    That's so...weird. Both of those 'professional' news sources link to an interview that doesn't even tell who they interviewed? Or am I just totally that tired that I missed where they said who they interviewed?
    BAD WOLF

I don't mind the dye system. You can get combinations already together or you can get Primary and Secondary only. From there you can dye individual pieces or just do your chest piece to get a full look.
    Wait, is there a difference between primary and secondary colors? Like, do they have primary only and secondary only colors? Or you have to get the same color as a primary and a secondary color? I'm not sure how this works and the CM isn't really telling me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Wait, is there a difference between primary and secondary colors? Like, do they have primary only and secondary only colors? Or you have to get the same color as a primary and a secondary color? I'm not sure how this works and the CM isn't really telling me.
    There will be ones with 2 colors on them, or ones that will say "Primary Gray" or "Primary Purple"... so then they would only affect the primary colors. There are also ones that say "Secondary blahblahblah" as well.

Deleted
    Finally I got logged on
    I must say I am now getting very sick of BW/EA's focus on squeezing people for cash, I've tried to ignore the points raised on here (even though most of them are very valid points) and focus on the fact that I enjoy playing the game. But this 'collections' thing is just a blatant attempt to tap into the sort of mechanic that gets people obsessed with gaining achievements but only make them achievable through spending CCs! I know lots of these 'collectables' will be available through the GTN but they will not be available enough for most 'collectors' and they will feel compelled to part with real money.
    Another nail for me

There will be ones with 2 colors on them, or ones that will say "Primary Gray" or "Primary Purple"... so then they would only affect the primary colors. There are also ones that say "Secondary blahblahblah" as well.
    So you have to pay for the same color twice in some instances? If so, that's kinda really terrible on the part of BioWare.

This is the worst update they've done thus far. The Collection menu is a joke. It's basically just a way to advertise what you don't have instead of showing you what you do have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    So you have to pay for the same color twice in some instances? If so, that's kinda really terrible on the part of BioWare.
    I mean, if you want to avoid recoloring your chest- yes. If you put in a secondary in your chest, it will put all secondaries as that if you match them. You can pick and choose which pieces match as well.

I mean, if you want to avoid recoloring your chest- yes. If you put in a secondary in your chest, it will put all secondaries as that if you match them. You can pick and choose which pieces match as well.
    Wait...are they consumable? Like, you use them and then you don't get to use them again? Or do you just collect the colors and have access to them whenever you want.

The store page doesn't tell me much, so I'm trying to figure out how this dye system actually works.