Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Robble robble robble.

People expecting games to meet industry standards want everything for free! Never mind the fact that they have suggested countless ways to monetize the game in a less annoying fashion! Must misrepresent their arguments by claiming they are welfare queens!

Robble robble robble!
    Or you could just sub and not have to worry about the "annoying monetisation". F2P is for people that dabble in the game, if you are going to play regularly subbing is your best bet. If you got everything for free there would be no need to sub. I can't believe people are still angry over this. Forsedar has already pointed out that you can level to 50 for free. That's about 100hrs for free and you could do another for another free 100hrs on the opposing side. So 200hrs for free and people still complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalek View Post
    Or you could just sub and not have to worry about the "annoying monetisation".
    Non-argument. If people wanted to sub to begin with, the game wouldn't have had such a dramatic dropoff in subscriptions post-launch.

F2P is for people that dabble in the game, if you are going to play regularly subbing is your best bet.
    Semi-agreed. F2P is for people who don't want to be tied down to a monetary commitment to play the game, but would rather pay for what they want as they play. Subbing is the best option if you want unrestricted access though, as it always should be.

If you got everything for free there would be no need to sub.
    Not only are you arguing against something nobody has said (nobody asked for the whole game for free), but games like Tera have thus far proven that wrong.

I can't believe people are still angry over this.
    And I can't believe this conversation continues to happen either, but it does because SWTOR doesn't have good business model when compared to some of the other big name F2P/B2P games on the market right now.

Forsedar has already pointed out that you can level to 50 for free. That's about 100hrs for free and you could do another for another free 100hrs on the opposing side. So 200hrs for free and people still complain.
    MMO's are a huge time investment, so it would be expected that you would be playing for a long time. BioWare didn't make the change because they're nice guys and want people to play their game, they did so because there was more revenue potential with a F2P model.

Again, people complain because it doesn't match up against other offerings on the market and is actually a step backwards (at launch, they're progressing slowly) compared to what other games that have gone through transitions have/do offer.

Or you could just sub and not have to worry about the "annoying monetisation".
    That's just a false statement, you would still have to pay for stuff as a subscriber, hence still the need to worry about "annoying monetization".

I like the customization options, would have hoped to see this kind of stuff earlier though. I especially like that some of the dyes will be available to crafter?!

As a subscriber... I still don't understand why emotes aren't completely unlocked for subscriber and just added as soon as they introduce new ones. It's fluff etc. but subscriber should get them for free. As for the weapon/ armor models.... they should be available ingame, at least the model itself. I don't like their focus on giving these just via the cartel market but have said this since the introdcution of the cartel market.

As for SWTOR F2P model... I urge people to post their thoughts in a normal and constructive way so subscriber could repost these on the official forum. I still think some of the weekly passes are overpriced, especially since they count only for one character?! and should count for the whole account imho.

As for Cathar.. I don't like them so I couldn't bother any less but I hope they have plans to introduce some more interesting species in the future.

Cant wait. As f2p atm i didnt have many options when i created my char (i mean the race), i hope i can change it soon since i unlocked em in legacy.

Or you could just sub and not have to worry about the "annoying monetisation". F2P is for people that dabble in the game, if you are going to play regularly subbing is your best bet. If you got everything for free there would be no need to sub. I can't believe people are still angry over this. Forsedar has already pointed out that you can level to 50 for free. That's about 100hrs for free and you could do another for another free 100hrs on the opposing side. So 200hrs for free and people still complain.
    You're right. We should all settle for mediocrity. I am sure that will help the game thrive.

"Sure, there's countless other, better options out there. But what does that matter?" Is a great policy.

---------- Post added 2013-04-28 at 11:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    As for Cathar.. I don't like them so I couldn't bother any less but I hope they have plans to introduce some more interesting species in the future.
    Remember, if you don't buy cathar... They said they won't make new species.

Super classy.

---------- Post added 2013-04-28 at 11:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Not only are you arguing against something nobody has said (nobody asked for the whole game for free), but games like Tera have thus far proven that wrong.
    Yeah. I love how, rather than argue against what's actually being said, people have to resort to strawmaning to defend the current model.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Remember, if you don't buy cathar... They said they won't make new species.
    People bought the Gamorean Axe and the Christmas Speeder..... I do think enough people will go for the Cathar so I don't have to buy it even though they are rather cheap.

Even if they don't add another species.... it's not like you get any story with it

As for the F2P model..... is it really too late to give F2P player no restrictions but charge them for weekly or "montly" passes? They could give subscriber all emotes unlocked and we usually get new daily area's for free which f2p player would have to pay for but all the rest?.... I'd rather get an xp boost as subscriber and other stuff which actually "enhances" my gameplay rather than restricting F2P players.

Deleted
    One thing that disappoints me about the SWTOR races is that the only thing that looks different about them is the head. If you look at the WoW races, they have a different stature, they walk differently, they fight differently. The SWTOR races don't and ultimately they don't feel that different. If you wear a helm you don't even see a difference. I don't see any reason why the Cathar could not have been in the game from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    One thing that disappoints me about the SWTOR races is that the only thing that looks different about them is the head. If you look at the WoW races, they have a different stature, they walk differently, they fight differently. The SWTOR races don't and ultimately they don't feel that different. If you wear a helm you don't even see a difference. I don't see any reason why the Cathar could not have been in the game from the start.
    Sure you mean SWTOR? There are multiple different heights/builds. Not sure why you would feel there weren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Angella View Post
    Sure you mean SWTOR? There are multiple different heights/builds. Not sure why you would feel there weren't.
    There's four bodies and then you swap heads around.

What he is talking about is that many races in starwars would not have the same body as a human (the 4 bodies are human).

Nindoriel means the bodies and animations in relation to a race. You can make a troll fat, skinny or muscular, it still hunches over, walks and runs like a troll.

600 Cartel Coins is exactly the same amount for any race you don't have access to (Sith Pureblood for Pubside, Miraluka for Empire). Those race unlocks sell for 100-200k on the GTN on my server(Assuming they stay slightly above all existing races), that's about a planet and a half's set of dailies. Not expensive at all, and everyone should have access to them by either credits or CC's. Totally cheap imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Angella View Post
    I know you can be fat, average or skinny, but the bodies of humans and most alien races look the same. They don't walk differently or fight differently. It's just a different face. They don't have a unique model, and for some races it makes sense to look similar, but Cathar for example could have a differently-shaped body than humans. But they're just humans with a cat face.

As a preferred account, I like the changes. Would be nice to up the limit on credits though for preferred accounts.

They need to add in more stuff/benefits for subscribers though.

Quote Originally Posted by ariakul View Post
    As a preferred account, I like the changes. Would be nice to up the limit on credits though for preferred accounts.

They need to add in more stuff/benefits for subscribers though.
    Increasing the credit cap for preferred players would BE A BENEFIT FOR SUBSCRIBERS.

Do we have to go through the whole, if preferred can pay more, subscribers can charge more, so the value of subscriber stipend goes up along with the value of CCs?

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    I know you can be fat, average or skinny, but the bodies of humans and most alien races look the same. They don't walk differently or fight differently. It's just a different face. They don't have a unique model, and for some races it makes sense to look similar, but Cathar for example could have a differently-shaped body than humans. But they're just humans with a cat face.
    The cathar from KOTOR was just a human with a cat face..

cathar in lore are furry, kinda large built humans with a cat head. we're getting the juhani subspecies that's even more human.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    cathar in lore are furry, kinda large built humans with a cat head. we're getting the juhani subspecies that's even more human.
    You're getting the cheapest alternative to develop, nothing more nothing less. You also get the privilege to pay for it.

An entire 600 cartel coins aka a paltry 100-200k credits.

Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pensz View Post

Get over it.
    Yes because the cost was the point...not, it's shallow cheap "content" only sold through the shop even for subscribers, it's a money grab like everything surrounding this game since the "free to play" announcement.

So no, no I won't get over it.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pensz View Post

Get over it.
    Ah how real life attitudes are mirrored in video games. Reminds me of a Chapelle skit on Sesame street. GET A JOB GROUCH!
    BAD WOLF