Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by katta View Post
    Its not that much even if you added in the expansion to that list.

Think you need to reread the question you quoted.
    So why don't you give the correct list of costs so we can sum it up to see how long you would have to sub to buy all the extras that the sub doesn't supply you with...

Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    So why don't you give the correct list of costs so we can sum it up to see how long you would have to sub to buy all the extras that the sub doesn't supply you with...
    I dont know everything that you cant get and it would be easier for a sub to say goto the barbershop and look at the costs,easier than me looking it up online.

I think the guy though it was how much would a F2P need to spend to get all the sub benifits. Where are that wasnt the question but what a sub has to spend to get everything in the game that is "content" that is only available with coins(thats not with buying them off the GTN).

Dont see how a sub would have to spend 450+/- dollars above his sub to get the stuff that was added to the game in just the 6-7 months of F2P.

Deleted
    I suppose it's a little bit subjective as to what a subscriber should get and what they shouldn't get included in their subscription so I'll list all I could find during a quick scan.
    CM unlocks
    Cathar 600cc - IMO should be available to all for free at character creation
    Character name change 1000cc - IMO acceptable fee
    Some human hair styles, account unlock 240cc - IMO should be available to all for free at character creation or for the relevant fee at customisation (see below)
    Some human hair colours, account unlock 180cc - IMO should be available to all for free at character creation or for the relevant fee at customisation (see below)
    White eyes 100cc - IMO should be available to all for free at character creation
    Some Mirialan tattoos 90cc - IMO should be available to all for free at character creation
    Chiss appearance options 240cc - IMO should be available to all for free at character creation

Appearance Customisation
    Species change 792cc (1200cc for nonsubscriber) (includes full appearance customisation) - IMO acceptable fee
    Change body type 80cc (160cc for nonsubscriber) - IMO this is acceptable for non-subscribers but should be available to subscribers for in game credits
    Change head shape 80cc (160cc for nonsubscriber) - IMO this is acceptable for non-subscribers but should be available to subscribers for in game credits
    Change scars 40cc (80cc for nonsubscriber) - IMO this is acceptable for non-subscribers but should be available to subscribers for in game credits
    Change complexion 20cc (40cc for nonsubscriber) - IMO this is acceptable for non-subscribers but should be available to subscribers for in game credits
    Change eye colour 20cc (40cc for nonsubscriber) - IMO this is acceptable for non-subscribers but should be available to subscribers for in game credits
    Change jewellery 40cc (80cc for nonsubscriber) - IMO this is acceptable for non-subscribers but should be available to subscribers for in game credits
    Change tatoos 20cc (40cc for nonsubscriber) - IMO this is acceptable for non-subscribers but should be available to subscribers for in game credits

Change hair style 40cc (80cc for nonsubscriber) - IMO this is acceptable for non-subscribers but should be available to subscribers for in game credits
    Change hair colour 40cc (80cc for nonsubscriber) - IMO this is acceptable for non-subscribers but should be available to subscribers for in game credits

The above are the appearance change options for the 2 characters I was logged in as, the options will vary slightly for different races.
    So a subscriber will use (assuming they don't get the security key CC allowance);
    Slightly over a month's allowance to unlock Cathar
    Nearly 2 months' allowance for a species change
    2 Months' allowance for a name change
    Approx 3/4 of a month's allowance (300cc) to fully change appearance using already available selection, not including species
    To get a nice new hair style and colour will cost you a month's allowance but 420/500 cc cost will be an account wide unlock and future changes to the hair style/colour will cost 80cc

All in all IMO not deal breaking but no great customer service either!

I dont know everything that you cant get and it would be easier for a sub to say goto the barbershop and look at the costs,easier than me looking it up online.

I think the guy though it was how much would a F2P need to spend to get all the sub benifits. Where are that wasnt the question but what a sub has to spend to get everything in the game that is "content" that is only available with coins(thats not with buying them off the GTN).

Dont see how a sub would have to spend 450+/- dollars above his sub to get the stuff that was added to the game in just the 6-7 months of F2P.
    So what you're saying is that you don't think he's right but my very well be...

---------- Post added 2013-05-19 at 06:56 PM ----------

So I went through the trouble updating just to check for my self and the number I came up with to unlock/buy most things a subscription doesn't is 9690, this includes a very conservative number of 10 packs for the random items. This is not including dyes, gear beyond the 10 packs nor unlocks for the sets.

This is 16 months worth of stipend and the Cartel market has been out for what, 6 months...
    Last edited by Redblade; 2013-05-19 at 06:57 PM.

So what you're saying is that you don't think he's right but my very well be...

---------- Post added 2013-05-19 at 06:56 PM ----------

So I went through the trouble updating just to check for my self and the number I came up with to unlock/buy most things a subscription doesn't is 9690, this includes a very conservative number of 10 packs for the random items. This is not including dyes, gear beyond the 10 packs nor unlocks for the sets.

This is 16 months worth of stipend and the Cartel market has been out for what, 6 months...
    16 months of stipend is no where close to 31 months of subs.

Even 16 months is of stipend is higher than I thought but then again its them just wanting money. Just to take the rough avergege it looks like 1500 cc needed every month, lets see what it is next month.

Anyone want to weigh in on if there will be another CC update before 2.2? They have been updating the market every month about.

My guess is they will update it the week before. This also allows them to be correct on their statement that no CC will be in 2.2(since the CC stuff was released a week before).

Even 16 months is of stipend is higher than I thought but then again its them just wanting money. Just to take the rough avergege it looks like 1500 cc needed every month, lets see what it is next month.

Anyone want to weigh in on if there will be another CC update before 2.2? They have been updating the market every month about.

My guess is they will update it the week before. This also allows them to be correct on their statement that no CC will be in 2.2(since the CC stuff was released a week before).
    2.1 brought in the Dye System, Collections , Customization Kiosk and everything which came with it. There will be new additions to the CM all the time but because it's their "Item-market" and completely separated to what we see in patches. They did not just patch a hugh amount of items for the CM with 2.1, they introduced new systems which is why I don't understand why people moan about if they add/ remove something from the CM with any content patch.

I was very conservative with my numbers, if you want to unlock the collections and get all the sets and cosmetic items you're looking at way more, sadly I don't know the odds on the packs but rest assured that you would have to buy more than the 10 I used for my calculations unless you're the luckiest person alive. It might not be enough with 10 even if you are that lucky, I don't know what pack contains what and really couldn't be arsed to find out.

Not paying the sub for 6 months but instead buying CC would give you something like 12k CC, something tells me you would have more value from just spending those 12k, only sacrifice would be hard mode raiding...
    Last edited by Redblade; 2013-05-20 at 09:50 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not paying the sub for 6 months but instead buying CC would give you something like 12k CC, something tells me you would have more value from just spending those 12k, only sacrifice would be hard mode raiding...
    Also, the compounding problem is that the more money you spend on things in the Cartel Market that go towards functionality of the game, the less value a subscription has.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    I see your point but HM and NiM raiding is about 70% of what I spend my time on ingame. If this were a game with a sandbox feature or 2 I'd have more choice in activities and could 'sacrifice' one but when it's WZ, FP or OPs the choice whittles down fast. Still, I do agree with you though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    I see your point but HM and NiM raiding is about 70% of what I spend my time on ingame. If this were a game with a sandbox feature or 2 I'd have more choice in activities and could 'sacrifice' one but when it's WZ, FP or OPs the choice whittles down fast. Still, I do agree with you though.
    Yeah, my point was more how the stipend related to items added to the CM is skewed to make the subscriber spend more, also how the raider is held hostage and forced to subscribe, which is all things considered a bad deal.

Its not that much even if you added in the expansion to that list.

Think you need to reread the question you quoted.
    6 char slots = 6x600 = 3600 coins
    Artifact authorization (account) = 2700
    Event authorization (account) = 400
    Crew member appearance authorization (account) = 725
    Guild bank access (account) = 1080
    10 galactic trade network sale slots (account) = 224 (being conservative here if you are heavily into the auction house, 10 slots won't be enough. Also gonna stop saying account, let's just assume it is.)
    2 additional quickbars = 2x432 = 864
    1x additional crew skill slot = 945
    Cargo hold access = 1050
    8 Inventory modules = 8x390 = 3120
    3 additional cargo bay pages = 3x1050 = 3150
    Section X = 900
    unify colors = 465
    Display title = 150
    Hide head slot = 620
    legacy name and titles = 100

Grand total so far: 19993 coins, not counting any other purchases for operations, warzones and/or extra flashpoints.

At a cost of 35 euro per 5500 coins, I'd need 4 packs or 140 euro. At the 6 month subscription rate, this is 13 months. However, add in a few space mission warzones, operations and flashpoints passes (and remember that dying as a f2p doesn't grant you infinite revives at the spot that you died), even if you only spend 1 of these per month instead of week, and considering that it only applies to one character, we'd see something like 960 x 12 = 11520 extra, or 2 of the largest packs and one of the smallest (with the leftovers from the previous purchase), for a total of 74 euro, or 7 more months.

In the meantime, a subscriber got 12000 cartel coins which cost 78 more euro, or 7 more months, for a grand total of 27 months worth of subscription.

There you go! ^_^

(I was two months short on my quick calculations...)
    Last edited by Snorkle; 2013-05-20 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorkle View Post
    *snip*
    The question was the amount it would cost to get everything not included in the subscription, not the difference between free and subscribing.

10+ Year Old Account
    The question was the amount it would cost to get everything not included in the subscription, not the difference between free and subscribing.
    Its still a fun thing to see!

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Its still a fun thing to see!
    I don't disagree, just wasn't the numbers I had in mind in the first place, I think we can conclude between he's and my numbers that unless you raid hardcore the subscription isn't worth much at all, not even if you raid hardcore, you just have to pay then.

*sulk* Sorry, I'm gonna put on a dunce cap and go sit in the corner...

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorkle View Post
    *sulk* Sorry, I'm gonna put on a dunce cap and go sit in the corner...
    It's ok. I was going to call you out on it too, but I realized that it's actually a good thing to have those numbers to look at. While it doesn't affect my personal opinion that a sub is 'worthless', it may provide someone else with the information they need to realize a subscription would be right for them.

Either way your efforts have a positive reaction, even if it wasn't the specific information requested.
    BAD WOLF