Shadowmourne Solo

Is it possible to solo the entire Shadowmourne questline as a Blood DK?
    Zhulrak
    Kil'jaeden-US

Can't do blood infusion.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think so - unless things have changed the Putricide quest requires you to be inside the abom, and I don't see how a DK could solo Dreamwalker (unless you take forever healing it with bloodworms or something)

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope , check the quests to understand more why it isnt possible

No, no it isn't. Sindragosa has the problem that she will iceblock you at least once in the fight. If you have target dummies 'maybe' you might be able to manage it. (Not to mention you have to get past Dreamwalker first, so you need a healer). I'm honestly not sure if you have enough time on Putricide in the abomination suit to suck up enough ooze to empower your axe. Especially since the fight tends to end if the abomination is the only one on the combat field (at least it was that way in Wrath). On the Blood Queen you need to be able to bite at least three people. So unless you want a lot of vampires running around, you probably need six or seven people to take bites.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blood infusion isn't possible, Unholy infusion isn't possible, Frost infusion isn't possible due to Valithria Dreamwalker not being able to be solo'ed.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Seahenar View Post
    I don't think so - unless things have changed the Putricide quest requires you to be inside the abom, and I don't see how a DK could solo Dreamwalker (unless you take forever healing it with bloodworms or something)
    Bloodworms don't take that long if you use fast weapons and stack stam.

Blood infusion requires you to jump into the abom and suck up pools but if putricide doesn't have a target other than the abom, he resets.

Unholy requires you to take blood mirror and bite 3 other targets. (Can be done with a small group if you kill the MC'd person and brez them so they can be bitten again. Just have them wear no gear basically.)

Frost just straight up have to tank 3 breaths from sindragosa. (I don't recall being ice blocked last time I solo'd it. But i'm sure you can just drop a DnD and it will break the ice block.)

(Just to clear up any confusion, valithria can be solo'd as a dk.)
    Last edited by Vladimeir; 2013-04-26 at 07:07 PM.

Deleted
    Everything other than the infusions can be solo'd but you will need some help (and people willing - random pugs are too zerg happy to oblige usually) for the 3 infusion q's.

Quote Originally Posted by Damyou View Post
    Everything other than the infusions can be solo'd but you will need some help (and people willing - random pugs are too zerg happy to oblige usually) for the 3 infusion q's.
    I would recommend advertising "LFM 25 ICC, Transmog run" and only reserve 1 infusion allowing the others up for grabs. After 3 Runs, you will be good. and people are always wanting to get their infusions but they are always reserved.

Open raid can also help if you use the above tactics.

The putricde infusion can be done with one other player and the blood queen one can be done with as little as 3 people if they all have brez's. Although it's safer if you bring 8-10 people. The sindergosa infusion can be easily solo'd just don't kill her before the third breath

Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    Blood infusion isn't possible, Unholy infusion isn't possible, Frost infusion isn't possible due to Valithria Dreamwalker not being able to be solo'ed.
    You can solo Valithria as a Blood DK, you just equip the shittiest weapon's you can find and just keep spawning blood worms. they eventually heal her to full.
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    You guys should really read the DK Solo Thread.
    I will quote myself :

Unholy is doable : pop Army, then go into the abomination, you should have enough time to infuse Shadow's Edge before the gouls die, then leave the abomination and finish off Putricide.
    Frost is also doable, you can either skip Valithria by goblin-gliding through Blood Queen's place or heal her in 10-man mode with spamming Heartstrike and let the Bloodworms heal her.

However, Blood isn't soloable.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    You can solo Valithria as a Blood DK, you just equip the shittiest weapon's you can find and just keep spawning blood worms. they eventually heal her to full.
    Or you can just control undead a healing mob and use them.
    Last edited by Tyrathius; 2013-04-26 at 07:29 PM.

As mentioned, the blood infusion is not soloable due to the mechanics of the quest itself. The other 2 are readily soloable, one of which (Unholy) is arguably easier to solo than it is to complete in a small group (solo, the slimes do nothing).

Deleted
    The only one infusion u can't solo is Blood one.

You can do Unholy by summoning Army with enough pools, then going abomination, absorbing to 100 energy (or what was that) and using infusion spell. You will have to do it before your army get killed or expires though.

Frost is easy, just don't kill Sindy before 4th breath. Remember to equip Shadow's Edge for them.

I have no idea how to do unholy infusion.

I get to 100, I empower Shadowmourne, but then I can't get out of the abom to kill Putricide.

Wat do?

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    I have no idea how to do unholy infusion.

I get to 100, I empower Shadowmourne, but then I can't get out of the abom to kill Putricide.

Wat do?
    You click the arrow by the yellow bar on the right to get out, if that doesn't work maybe there's a command like /leavevehicle or something you can use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Never even considered that, ty.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Deleted
    OK, I think I'll raise this thread from the dead...

First things first:
    I'll be doing Frost Infusion today, hopefully. Quick question: When do I have to equip Shadow's Edge?
    a.) During the entire encounter
    b.) During frost breaths
    c.) Just to finish off Sindy

Now to share some experience form yesterday:

Festergut Blood:
    Seems difficult to solo. The interwebz are full of information what will and what won't work. Fact: You can't remove Gastric bloat stacks by any means. So you'll die at the 2 minutes mark. I wasn't able to pull the required DPS so I got a mate helping me. However I forgot to control a Plaque Scientist.

Unholy infusion:
    OK I tried this for 3 hours. What I did was control a plaque scientist, DPS until about 50%, drink the abomination potion, pop army. Then I sucked up slime to 100% and infused. After that upon exiting the abomination putricide kept despawning for some reason unclear to me. I should notice that army expired that time around as well although I already optimized uptime by first drinking the potion und then channeling the army. So I got a mate in again. In that try I was unable to exit the abomination after infusing. Leave vehicle button always resulted in "I can't do that right now". This wasn't a problem however as abomination despawns for phase 3 anyway.

Blood Infusion:
    I did this with two more people, paladin and priest. Most sources on the web say you need to be second on aggrotable to get essence of the blood queen. This seems outdated. In our first try the paladin got the essence when he was first and I was second on threatmeter. In our second try I was first and also got the essence. I then bit the priest who got himself killed standing in purple fire. Raise ally on him and bit him again and got himself killed again. Third bite went to paladin all the while we got Lanathel low and killed her within seconds of the third bite.

Note for future reference: This was done in patch 5.4

I'm just going to lock this. Creating your own thread or posting in one like this would be better!

Feel free to do that!