5.3 PvP Enh Question

With the coming changes to pvp, will it be worth it to get the 2 set bonus from raid gear in ToT to pvp with as an enhancement shaman?

(The set bonus is Stormstrike grants 2 additional charges of malestrom weapon)

I could be wrong, however, to me it looks very powerful and I would be willing to give up my frost brand offhand imbune for this bonus. Any thoughts?

I'd say try it out and tell us how it goes
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Deleted
    I'd say it depends on what you are up against. Against most opponents/comps I feel safe to throw out Frostbrand for Flametongue al ready since there is still a noticeable damage loss from using Frostbrand even with the setbonus. When you think you won't be needing Frostbrand for kiting/gap closing I'd say try it out and be sure to tell us how it goes!

15+ Year Old Account
    curently 4p set bonus give you also some resilence and it will be changed to Pvp power from what i know so you will lose couple % of dmg by changing that 2 parts, for 2 stacks of MSW every 8 sec if you will be around enemy and if you are around enemy MSW stacks are not a problem imo :P

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

this is not even a debate. you need the resilience, not more procs for crap heals or wet noodle lightning bolts.

edit. i forgot resilience isnt on gear anymore... what is this game...
    Last edited by CHRONICGODX; 2013-04-29 at 02:44 PM.
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

Quote Originally Posted by CHRONIClinex View Post
    this is not even a debate. you need the resilience, not more procs for crap heals or wet noodle lightning bolts.

edit. i forgot resilience isnt on gear anymore... what is this game...
    It's still in the PvP 4set.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have thought about this as well....the combo of the 2set faster MW5 procs and the 2set PVE MW5 procs via SS would be a ton of MW5 procs happening quickly....you could easily use MW5 for DPS LB's and still generate MW5 fast enough for a quick heal in just a few seconds....w/ Elem Blast could put out alot more burst in general too. It does have potential but not sure how useful MW5 is vs losing the bonus resil/pvp power from the 2 pvp pieces and the 4 set bonus, plus LL damage.

Really I only feel obligated to use FB in OH if I am spec'd Unleash Fury, with Elem Blast I could see myself using WF/FT and run with the 2 PVE piece set bonus....I think even ULE FT's fire buff will work with EB so there is some synergy there. It could be a more "bezerker" type build where you take more damage but can put out more burst.....typically being able to live longer takes prioirty especially for Enhance cause we are pretty weak in general but it might work or atleast be fun to play around with.

Thank you for the input. My plan was to run 3s, enh, rogue, and a resto druid. I would probably never use FB OH unless I am trying to kill something that keeps breaking my CC (I will have the rogue for slows). I think with the amount of burst that enh and rogues have we could kill just about anything in a smoke bomb + solar beam. We would get the jump on the other team in most cases from the mass stealth from the rogue. This would at least prevent me from getting trained. I know that I am going to lose survivability running EM/EB rather rather than EE/UF and using pve gear. I just hope that the burst will make up for the defense loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Klone View Post
    Thank you for the input. My plan was to run 3s, enh, rogue, and a resto druid. I would probably never use FB OH unless I am trying to kill something that keeps breaking my CC (I will have the rogue for slows). I think with the amount of burst that enh and rogues have we could kill just about anything in a smoke bomb + solar beam. We would get the jump on the other team in most cases from the mass stealth from the rogue. This would at least prevent me from getting trained. I know that I am going to lose survivability running EM/EB rather rather than EE/UF and using pve gear. I just hope that the burst will make up for the defense loss.
    but really who needs beam when the rogue can just triple garrote.

On the topic of frostbrand wep though, the novelty of having a judgement sprint wore off on me pretty quick. windwalk and spirit walk are plenty usually to stick to someone when being kited. i swap for the sprint pretty rarely nowadays, the damage on FT is just too much to pass up and whatever you're cleaving with has a better slow than a enh anyway.
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

Yeah, teaming up with a rogue and resto druid is likely one of the better enh combos in 3s (imo), because they have lots of peels, cc, stun/silence etc, allowing to reduce the time enemies can throw out pressure to a degree few other combos could. I played the combo myself in s8, where I was mostly the purge/bl bot, with windshear and wolfburst to add to it. With all the dps cooldowns nowadays, I think enh has returned to this condition, only that purge and ws got nerfed, and bl banned from arena.

Rogues got some extra tools though, so enh not having gained much high quality pvp utility over the years would be offset.
    My guess is that they will most of the time try to stomp you, but fail because the rogue crippling them (not the poison ). My experience was that we were in trouble when they focused on the rogue, since my peals and cc where garbage, and a rogue without cds squishy.

As you said klone, snares/roots are likely not that important if you have a rogue supporting your uptime on the target. As such windwalk totem and spiritwalk would probably be enough most of the time. But again, I'd test it out to be sure. Stacking strenghts is a popular strategy in pvp to success, so going for maximum damage (wf/ft, em/eb, lots of fs/es) could be superior after all.

If you notice a lesser uptime due to not having UF:FB, the pve bonus would lose its point though, since you couldn't use SS often enough to profit from more msw as you would with more uptime through the sprint, but no extra charges.

Again, test it
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.