Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Sad News: Exodus calls it quits

http://www.methodwow.com/board/conte...Goodbye-Exodus
    https://www.facebook.com/Killarslol/...72309812789070

http://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments...alls_it_quits/

<Exodus> IS DEAD!?!

Yes, I'll confirm the news here for anyone not in the loop or questioning the rumors. <Exodus> will no longer continue to function as a 25 man raiding guild. No plan to go 10 man as of yet, but that really doesn't matter because 25 man is what the hardcore raiding scene really is about and Exodus will no longer be competing in such a scene.

Why? How? Well this game isn't to blame. In the last few years this game (despite many people quitting and guilds dying) isn't to blame for vodka/Exodus' demise it's the raiding community. I don't mean this is a pointing the finger sort of way, it's an inevitable sort of flaw in the competition of the top end raiders. You see... we've basically been killing ourselves off slowly since day 1. In the last few years we've certainly picked up the pace, but the "hardcore raider" is a dying breed and it's certainly becoming a more difficult breed to be a part of. What I mean by this is of course the time commitment and the level of shear dedication and determination it takes and costs to be at the very top. This isn't to poke fun, but to just shed light of why many people, and subsequently, many guilds will fall. Raiding for many many hours on end is fun, CAN be exciting, and at the end of it all can really prove who really wants that world first/us first/realm first the most. Unfortunately we (hardcore raiders) pushed too hard. Tier after tier we just keep adding to the insanity in both farming preparations and actual progressing. It's almost as if progression itself never really ends after a end tier boss dies. Combine this with Blizzard actually putting new content out faster, alts playing a big role, PTR/BETA, dailys, coins, BMAH, well... you just get lost in it all. Right now there are a few legit world first guilds left. The competition is slim because the competition is literally eating each other (well not that literally). Good luck to everyone left in the race for this expact, but I don't know how much longer this sort of thing can last.

Am I done? Is this my good bye post to the raiding community? No haha no my friends I'm way too stubborn and foolish to actually use my knowledge to stop myself from the enjoyment I get from WoW and the community. This is something I've talked about since around Firelands. I had a clear realization of how much more TIME fit in the equation of "how to be world first" and although it bothered me I still enjoyed it as I was one of the few that had that TIME. I'm simply reiterating what I've said many times as it is the elaborate explanation I can give to people now that my guild(s) have died and I want people to avoid pointing fingers at a particular person or a particular situation.

What's next for Killars? I dunno... "LFR Troll Rogue ilvl 532" I guess... I really don't know (which is kinda scary) but we'll see.

Read this on Reddit, the players who still want to be world first will be picked up.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Bummer. Had they allowed I quit threads here, we might have found out sooner /sarcasm Not even sure who Exodus is... but it looks like they lived up to their name.

Deleted
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...n-Peace-Exodus

was locked yesterday. How many "We quit" threads are needed to cope with the grief?

Combine this with Blizzard actually putting new content out faster, alts playing a big role, PTR/BETA, dailys, coins, BMAH, well... you just get lost in it all.
    Funny that he doesn't blame Blizzard, but the reason he cites for Exodus' demise is the result of Blizzard's choices in MoP.

Back in the Wrath and Cata days, progression raiding guilds didn't need to do dailies, farm for coins, buy items on the BMAH, run LFR (excluding Hours of Twilight), and maintain armies of alts (excluding ToGC).

But now because of all the gimmicks that Blizzard has added, the fact that epics are on the BMAH before current tier bosses ever get killed, now that you can't cap valor by raiding, and that serious raiding guilds had to run LFR when MoP launched, Blizzard in MoP has forced serious raiders to have to grind through all these things to stay competitive.

"But no one is forced to do anything", they retort. And if you're one of the many people who subscribe to this argument, then you're out of touch with reality. This is what serious raiding guilds do to stay competitive. To claim that they don't have to do it, is to live in la-la land. In the real world, this is what happens. This is a fact of reality. And it's the result of Blizzard's poor design decision in MoP. But it doesn't have to be this way as WotLK and Cata shows.
    Last edited by paralleluniverse; 2013-05-01 at 12:46 PM.

Isn't this the guild Kripparian that top hunter used to raid with?

Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    Funny that he doesn't blame Blizzard, but the reason he cites for Exodus' demise is the result of Blizzard's choices in MoP.

Back in the Wrath and Cata days, progression raiding guilds didn't need to do dailies, farm for coins, buy items on the BMAH, run LFR (excluding Hours of Twilight), and maintain armies of alts (excluding ToGC).

But now because of all the gimmicks that Blizzard has added, the fact that epics are on the BMAH before current tier bosses ever get killed, now that you can't cap valor by raiding, and that serious raiding guilds had to run LFR when MoP launched, Blizzard in MoP has forced serious raiders to have to grind through all these things to stay competitive.

"But no one is forced to do anything", they retort. And if you're one of the many people who subscribe to this argument, then you're out of touch with reality. This is what serious raiding guilds do to stay competitive. To claim that they don't have to do it, is to live in la-la land. In the real world, this is what happens. This is a fact of reality. And it's the result of Blizzard's poor design decision in MoP. But it doesn't have to be this way as WotLK and Cata shows.
    Oh, we're doing this again? Cool. Coolcoolcool.

Sorry you had to do a few hours extra work to get your epics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneru View Post
    Back in Molten Core in Vanilla, about 20 people up and the rest still being ressed. Cidet, our rogue, goes in stealth and moves up to Ragnaros. About 5 seconds later, Ragnaros aggroes and starts killing all of us again. Everyone is pissed and I whisper Cidet "wtf happened?!". All he replies me is...

"Target has no pockets"

Deleted

Oh please, to get 50 silver coins you need to spend, at max, 30 minutes _a week_, and it's not a requirement to buy BMAH epics.
    Secondly, I do agree they made a mistake by making you to have to do the LFR at the start of MoP, but I believe they learned a lesson as can be seen in ToT where, if you raid like the topguilds do, you don't have to do it.
    I don't believe for a second people in Exodus quit because of the high maintance it takes to be "competetive", you just have to ask yourself if it's worth it to never being able to be number one, or even in the top three, paired with the fact that Vodka and Exodus members never got along.
    Last edited by mmoc68f639c552; 2013-05-01 at 12:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    R.I.P! Exodus!

---------- Post added 2013-05-01 at 01:00 PM ----------

Exodus was a great guild. Really sad to see em go...

I dont know the whole story but to me they sound like a bunch of whinny bitches ....sorry mods I mean ...they sound like frustrated players ..

Raid prep got a bit harder this expac (still nowhere near the prep level required before the combat/guardian elixir change) and top guilds start dropping... Tbh I think there's more to this than what they're saying, but that's just me.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

They'll say anything to save face after being humiliated.

If this thread gets locked, at least let me be the ONE person to thank you for a PROPER explanation as to whom these Exxodus chaps are. The other threads just say "You will be missed" and I can't find jack about who or what happened (even with Google searches...).

Nobody ever said that the hardcore crowd weren't forced. That's part of what it takes to be the best, and if they can't deal with that, then they don't deserve world/realm firsts. Simple.

However, the vast majority of the WoW community were never forced at any point to do dailies every single day. They put that pressure on themselves, sure, no denial there: but it wasn't put on them by Blizzard.

See, the issue here is this: if you give the regular players lots of stuff to do, that translates as TONS of stuff for the hardcore crowd that needs to be done immediately, if not sooner. On the other hand, if you give the hardcore crowd a balanced amount to ensure they don't burn out during progression, then that translates as a lack of content for the regular players.

Personally speaking, I much prefer the current style of content. Giving players like me, who happen to be the majority of the playerbase, lots to do when we log in every day, but we're under no pressure to get it done NOW. We can do it at our own pace. If that means a few hardcore guilds burn out and die, so be it. It doesn't affect me. Sounds selfish, sure, but I have a feeling that the hardcore crowd will evolve with the times. They've kept doing it for prior expansions, I'm sure they'll keep evolving and keep up with the state of the game to stay on top. That's kind of what they do.

Even with daily quests, you still have to do far less work to prepare for raids than in Classic.

No matter how many hardcore raiders quit. There will always be a world first guild, by definition.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by onesBronson View Post
    Isn't this the guild Kripparian that top hunter used to raid with?
    He raided with Midwinter.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

I don't even know who Exodus is, maybe they are just tired of the game? Idk, it doesn't affect any of us in any way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    He raided with Midwinter.
    Wasn't he in Exodus back in WotLK or something? On Ysondre.

Deleted
    the real problem is that with 10m raiding taking the same achivs / loot that 25m guild, 25m guild are doomed to die, and with them dies the true epic feeling of wow.
    wow is dying and the cancer is the hardcore 10m guild, the cure will be unique achivs both for 10 and for 25, something like silver and gold ladders for ppl can real feeling rewarded.