Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Wow is not balanced for 2v2, I healers had to be good at healing because burst is(was) high. So to compensate healers also have to be good.
    Never said they don't. It's more of an answer to the guys whining about healers. Not all of them are as strong in 2's. It's just a selected few that have way to much utility/mobility and due to the overall lower damage in 2's get to use more of it/play more offensively because they only have to heal 1 dps instead of 2.

So by the stated fact the game isn't balanced on 2vs2. The ones playing 2s have to suffer 45 minute long chess matches where healer-dps comp can't kill remaining opposing team healer and only way to move to next match is to forfeit. Just because going oom isn't an option for some classes, ever. Or not necessarily even oom, my paladin team mate kited a hunter for 63 minutes and he was oom after 3 minute mark where i died. He eventually forfeit cause it could have taken days. During the spectator show, i took a shower and made and ate dinner, like wtf? That's just insane.
    Last edited by Redecle; 2013-04-27 at 11:26 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Matches no longer last 45 minutes. Do you even play 2v2? If you do, does it matter about time since you clearly have no concept of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rede View Post
    So by the stated fact the game isn't balanced on 2vs2. The ones playing 2s have to suffer 45 minute long chess matches where healer-dps comp can't kill remaining opposing team healer and only way to move to next match is to forfeit. Just because going oom isn't an option for some classes, ever. Or not necessarily even oom, my paladin team mate kited a hunter for 63 minutes and he was oom after 3 minute mark where i died. He eventually forfeit cause it could have taken days. During the spectator show, i took a shower and made and ate dinner, like wtf? That's just insane.
    1. Games havent had 45 minute cap for a very long time. Currently its just above 20 minutes.

2. As stated a million times already. A full time that cant kill one single player (be it tank/healer/dps) need to practise more and play
    better next time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    no its not, in fact healing is very weak compared to the past expansions, even cata
    are you stupid are you even playing wow healers are practically immortal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by superstarz View Post
    It seems as though healing is out of control in this patch.
    If you play 2's 1dps/1healer team.
    there is no way any of the dps can kill the healer so game goes on forever until somebody gives up or somebody makes a mistake.
    if you have 2 dps and there is a healer on opposide team, is very difficult to kill him.
    Do you guys notice this too??
    And what are your thoughts on the state of healing in PVP
    ***sry about crap english***

I play Disc priest in arena, just for cap ofc, not a professional pvper, however, on one hand it is true that it is not easy to kill an healer but is also true that it is not impossible, it would mean finish each arena in a draw. which does not happen.
    I play with a unholy dk and difficulties we encounter are usually against monk and druids healers.
    More than too many cc there are too much utility to avoid the slowdown, now anyone can get rid of any root, druid especially.

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    2. As stated a million times already. A full time that cant kill one single player (be it tank/healer/dps) need to practise more and play
    better next time.
    The game is built so 1 DPS can't kill a healer on his own without either a huge streak of lucky crits or the healer being bad. Also a lot of classes struggle against others. A blood DK for example. If any melee manages to kill the blood DK, either the DK is completely out of cooldowns (Considering the spec, I highly doubt any decent DK will ever not have a single cooldown) and the melee has popped ALL of them or the blood DK is really bad.

From what I have seen, any 2DPS team can take down any healer in a single CC chain.

I do agree that heal+dps vs heal+dps gets boring fast. Especially with dot classes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edx View Post
    2v2 is unplayable in its current state.
    ive felt that 2v2 has been in a terrible state for most of MoP to be brutally honest. i wish it saw some changes and a return to form as it's my preference for arena.
    Hi

so you want to 2v2 have a battle fatigue of 75%, on other words you don't want healers to ever play 2v2 huh.
    I could honestly say "yes" to that question and not feel remotely bad about it.

As long as healers have this moronic "You cannot kill me 1vs1 by sheer virtue of me being a healer" mechanic, I feel healers have no place in 2vs2. As pointed out, several healing specs are literally unkillable by a DPS and can stall the match until the timeout if they choose to do so. It is a real problem with the design of healers in general but it isn't like anything will ever be done. Every time the issue is brought up Blizzard hand-wave it away with the played out "We don't balance PvP around X" excuse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by warcraftmew View Post
    How about you alternatively stop being bad? How about that? :|

Quote Originally Posted by guff View Post
    From what I have seen, any 2DPS team can take down any healer in a single CC chain.

I do agree that heal+dps vs heal+dps gets boring fast. Especially with dot classes
    Problem is that it really isn't build around 1 dps + heal vs 1 dps + heal. People also tend to forgot how that one dps can peel his healer pretty efficiently against a single opponent forcing said dps to go after the enemy dps instead of the healer. Game is simply not built around that. However a 2 dps team has a good chance at beating the enemy team in the opener simply by popping all cd's and bursting something down in seconds.

I don't think so, but then again I'm a DK.

play unholy dk

problem solved

Have you guys noticed that certain dps comps are just as hard to kill as healer comps? For example Frost Mage, Spriest.

If you go with a straight up dps like a warrior you get lots of preasure on them but escaping really isn't an issue for a team like this. Eventually they get the healer to burn pvp trinket and the next round of cc like clockwork the warrior dies.

You can go at it with something like a Spriest in your corner. Together you are about impossible to kill but everytime your Spriest bursts on one of them they run away heal up and come at you again.

Against double dps they have a multitude of escapes excellent healing for a DPS pair along with 2 fears/1 fear 1 root, sheep, 2 blanket silences. and deep freeze Iceblock, dispersion, Life swap, Mass dispel.

10+ Year Old Account
    i found as a healer that we always won vs 2*dps but against a healer+dps it was just boring as we had to wait like 15min to burn the other healers mana >.<

The problem with 2v2 arena is healer+dd vs healer+dd comps. They can easily last for almost half an hour and end up in a tie.

What should be done is a stacking debuff after 5 minutes. Say, +5% damage taken, -5% healing taken. Stacks every 2 minutes for a total of 10 stacks. That way the healer can still survive against 2 dd comps as it won't be easy for them to survive the first 5 minutes if they can't land a kill. And two on par teams with healers will have a chance to land a kill instead of getting a frustrating tie in 25 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by warcraftmew View Post
    only to undergeared or bad players

Ok so I see the easy fix here. If your in healing spec, you cant join a battleground, or arena.

no its not, in fact healing is very weak compared to the past expansions, even cata
    Yes it's very similar to early Cataclysm if anything, healers struggle to keep themselves alive against good players and have a very easy time against bad players. Like it's supposed to be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by macke View Post
    Yes it's very similar to early Cataclysm if anything, healers struggle to keep themselves alive against good players and have a very easy time against bad players. Like it's supposed to be.
    Actually, not really. Set two good players on an equaly good healer and they're going to steamroll said healer. Early Cataclysm Blizzard immediatly intervened because healer participation dropped by a lot and playing healers in general was very unfun. I'm not quite sure where Holinka wants to go with PvP right now but seeing some of the changes they're making I don't think I want to know either.