Legendary Meta Question for Prot

First of all hello everyone.

I tank in a 10 man group and I have a question regarding the Legendary Metas.

The question I have is does anyone think its possible to use the Legendary DPS meta instead of the tanking one? Keep in mind this is a 10 man group and I feel like I am surviving fine as is right now. Also another thing is I have heard the DPS meta scales with AP so that's what initially got me thinking it could do decent things for a prot warrior such as myself.

Anyway thanks for having a look and Thanks for your help and opinions in advance.

Deleted
    Yes you can easily use the DPS meta on fights instead of the tanking one even on heroics
    The only fight where I probably wouldn't use it would be Tortos, other than that any heroic seems pretty viable to use it on tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Stayz View Post
    The question I have is does anyone think its possible to use the Legendary DPS meta instead of the tanking one?
    There are enough logs that proof it is and that it is ridiculously strong.

Awesome thanks for the input. Ill look for some of those logs thanks for pointing that out.

10+ Year Old Account
    The DPS Meta is spectacular for Tanks and unless they nerf it, I recommend that you pick it up.

Just wondering if the majority of top prot warriors are going for the dps meta still?

Deleted
    I personally think the tank meta gem is amazingly powerful, being able to rotate cooldowns around it is so helpful, and sometimes instead of calling for an external (pain suppression or something) you get the proc and realize you'll be fine without one.

For 25 man progress I would always go with the tank meta, but for 10 man = if you need more DPS and you trust your healers enough go for DPS meta.

I've got the DPS meta on my tier dps helm, so whenever im using it im also swapping to 2-piece dps set to get more rage, compensating a bit for the lost damage reduction with more rage income. (Helm + Shoulders from the DPS set)

Deleted
    Our 10 man core has very high damage so I am using the tanking meta still. I am hoping to get a duplicate helm that I can keep my alternate meta in and swap about.

If you are having damage intake issues then take the tank meta. Its that simple really!
    Last edited by mmoc18646deaeb; 2013-06-29 at 08:14 PM.

Deleted
    If you end up feeling squishy you can use the tanking meta, otherwise I'd use the dps meta because it scales incredibly well with vengeance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    Our 10 man core has very high damage so I am using the tanking meta still. I am hoping to get a duplicate helm that I can keep my alternate meta in and swap about.

If you are having damage intake issues then take the tank meta. Its that simple really!
    This pretty much.

I tend to use the tanking one for progression and DPS one once we've achieved our first kill. I use 2 of the same helm, one with each meta.