Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Patch 5.3 on the Background Downloader, 5.3 PTR Build, April 26 Hotfixes, Hearthstone

Exploits in Diablo 3, Community Commentary: Hardcore New Player Guide and Veteran Challenge, Imperius Fan Art

Patch 5.3 on the Background Downloader
    Late this week the launcher started to download ~270 MB of assets for Patch 5.3. It is likely that the patch will be here in a few weeks, but no Release Candidate build yet!

Patch 5.3 PTR - Build 16896
    There was a very minor PTR patch this afternoon, it only had two significant changes, one of them being the addition of the Block Chat Channel Invites option.

The other change was an increase in the amount of PvP Power Rating needed to get 1% PvP Power from 265 to 400.

Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    • BLOCK_CHAT_CHANNEL_INVITE - Block Chat Channel Invites|TInterface\OptionsFrame\UI-OptionsFrame-NewFeatureIcon:0:0:0:-1|t
    • LOOT_NOUN - Loot
    • OPTION_TOOLTIP_BLOCK_CHAT_CHANNEL_INVITE - Block all incoming chat channel invites.

Patch 5.2 Hotfixes: April 26
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Classes

Creatures
    • Fixed an issue where players in a tanking specialization may not receive loot under certain conditions when Nalak is defeated.
    • Fixed an issue where bonus rolls on Nalak did not work properly for players coalesced from a different realm.

Raids, Dungeons, and Scenarios
    • Throne of Thunder
      • Durumu the Forgotten
        • Cones of light should now properly reveal fog beasts that spawn under Walls of Ice on 10-player and 25-player Heroic difficulty.
      • Iron Qon
        • Fixed an issue where players were able to remain out of range for Quilen champions' abilities on 10-player and 25-player Heroic difficulty.

BlizzCon Tickets On Sale Saturday
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    The second batch of BlizzCon tickets will be going on sale tomorrow (Saturday, April 27) at 10 a.m. PDT through the online Blizzard Store—visit the ticket sales page at that time for the chance to buy yours.

If you’re going to try for tickets, we recommend reading through our earlier ticket sales information article and the ticket info section of the BlizzCon website for helpful tips to ensure your ticket purchase goes smoothly.

Also, another reminder that a limited number of tickets to an exclusive pre-BlizzCon dinner to benefit Children's Hospital of Orange County will go on sale Wednesday, May 1 at 7 p.m. PDT (BlizzCon admission included). Don’t forget that if you want to attend the StarCraft II 2013 World Championship Series Global Finals in-person, you’ll need a ticket to BlizzCon. For those unable to attend the show, in-depth coverage of BlizzCon will also be available through the BlizzCon Virtual Ticket—further details will be announced at a later date.

BlizzCon 2013 will take place November 8 and 9 at the Anaheim Convention Center, and tickets cost $175 USD each. Tickets to the BlizzCon Benefit Dinner cost $500 USD each. For further information, check out the official BlizzCon site.

Click here to buy tickets on Saturday at 10 a.m.!

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Misc
    There are no easy fixes to low pop relams. We are working on some fixes, but too early to talk about them yet. (Source)

So what you're saying is that it's bad to bench people because you want to stack a class but fine when you want diversity?
    We don't want e.g. warlocks to never get brought to a raid. If you are encouraged to bring a mage b/c you have 3 locks, that's fine. (Source)
    And in most cases, you could bring 6 locks and still progress. You're less efficient, but not dramatically so. (Source)
    My overall advice to most players is to pay more attention to fun and less to efficiency. I predict you will enjoy the game more. (Source)

A lot of people still don't know about changes you guys make, any plans on in-game patch notes?
    If they don't read our website why would they read them in game? (Source)

Do you guys have interns programming your tooltips or something? Seems that there are always a TON of "tooltip bugs".
    There are just a lot of things that can change a spell's points and the game doesn't know them all innately. We have to fix 'em up. (Source)
    We've gotten spell tooltips much more accurate to the point where the inaccuracies jump out now. (Source)
    If you look back over the history of WoW, the tooltips were stupidly inaccurate. (Source)

As an artist I can tell 100% that there are more than enough skilled artists with superior quality compared to something
    We would love to get more of their resumes. Many artists these days study photo manipulation, but can't always make a good sword. (Source)

You can`t seriously be saying making more content is a problem of there not being enough skilled people in the WORLD to hire?
    We haven't interviewed everyone in the world yet. Hiring is a slow process and we are quite picky. We don't hire to fill a quota. (Source)

(Curiosity): does Blizzard have a working definition of “casual”? If so, is it more about what you do, or how much you play?
    We don't really. Casual is too broad a word. We try to have content aimed at a wide variety of players. (Source)
    I just see a casual gamer as someone who is playing "casually", means on occassion.
    There are also very experienced and skilled players who play only rarely. "Casual" doesn't really describe them. (Source)
    Likewise, we have players who play nearly every night, but only to RP and avoid raids or BGs. Not sure they are "casual." (Source)
    It's just one of those words that isn't precise enough to do the job. (Source)

Questions about data mined patch notes make you crazy. Confirm or deny ?
    Confirm, especially repeated questions that I already addressed. (Source)

Hearthstone Gameplay - Paladin vs Warrior
    Another new match, this time between a Paladin and Warrior. You can talk about it in our Hearthstone forum or help out by adding the new cards to the Hearthstone wiki.

Last edited by chaud; 2013-04-27 at 07:04 AM.

nice HS game, looking forward

mm. Want to upgrade my items. come on 5.3

That card game looked so boring.. no wonder they adding mounts to it.. only way to get people to buy cards lol

Stood in the Fire NefariousNinja's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I completely forgot about Hearthstone.
    Go, go 5.3 release "soon"

10+ Year Old Account
    I want Hearthstone...Because I totally don't already dump tons of cash on MtG.

Surprised no news about Exodus disbanding

Quote Originally Posted by Youiscrazy View Post
    Surprised no news about Exodus disbanding
    Because that isn't really news.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I want this game in my pants stat.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uther Vs. Garrosh? hmm... could be a fun epic rap battle, if its not already there

Seems pretty stupid to make Garrosh the warrior in their card game since he's going to be a raid boss and we kill him. Should be some warrior that doesn't get owned by the entire WoW population don't you think?

So now PvP power is becoming even less valuable. Why don't they just go the whole 9 yards and remove PvP gear in general and let Heroic raiders dominate everyone?

Woohoo! First step to incoming live patch! =)

Deleted
    Hearthstone looks so boring.

"A lot of people still don't know about changes you guys make, any plans on in-game patch notes?
    If they don't read our website why would they read them in game?"

The f. They would if you present it to them in game...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Hearthstone looks so boring.
    so dont play it then jesus or make comments on something youve not even played, i myself love hearthstone cant wait for release

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by warcraftmew View Post
    so dont play it then jesus or make comments on something youve not even played, i myself love hearthstone cant wait for release
    I'm free to voice my opinion. Dont like it? Guess what... follow your own advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidone View Post
    The f. They would if you present it to them in game...
    Kinda like how everyone in LFR has at least a basic idea of how the fights work from looking at the dungeon journal right?

Deleted
    5.3 RC coming next week, launch on live realms estimated for the 6th of may, might get delayed to the week after bc of new bg.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vesci View Post
    Seems pretty stupid to make Garrosh the warrior in their card game since he's going to be a raid boss and we kill him. Should be some warrior that doesn't get owned by the entire WoW population don't you think?
    Uther's dead too, what's your point?

5.3 probably wont be until the 14th, the ptr still seems unstable. But who knows blizzard seems to be in the rushing mood lately.