Poll: Is a 4th Spec Possible?

Thread: 4th Spec Ideas

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtree View Post
    Thought: If rogues got a tank spec, should tanking leather make a return?
    Nah, Monks tank just fine without it.

However, the existence of Monk tanks kind of takes the wind out of the sails of a Rogue tank.

What I'd like to see for Pure DPS would be the following;

Mage: time-based healing/support spec
    Hunters: Bards: Healing/support spec
    Warlocks: Demon Hunters: Melee DPS or tanking spec
    Rogues: Wardens: DPS Melee/ranged DPS hybrid.

Thing with forth specs is I think they'd need to still fit within the core class.

Time based healing mage, this I could see. Time based magic is in the realm of the mage class, with spells like alter time, slow and time warp. So I could see this expanded upon to 'undo' wounds in a healing role and still be mages. Might be tricky to balance the healing only spells with the core mage abilities though.

Bards: I don't know, to me bard is too much of it's own thing to fit within the hunter class. You'd have the hunter that focuses on the pets, the hunter that focuses on marksmanship, the whatever the survival hunter's forte is these days, then bard? I think it would clash too much.

Same with demon hunters. Demon hunters are in an awkward place where other classes have or have had their core abilities from wc 3, so while making them an individual class wouldn't be impossible, it would take a lot of creativity and work. On the other hand, I think they're too distinct from warlocks to simply staple onto the warlock class as a forth spec. Now, warlocks getting a tanking spec I'm fine with, or even a demon formed melee dps spec, but I wouldn't call it demon hunter.

Rogue: Could just be me but I don't see the value in giving a pure dps class a forth dps spec even if it is ranged to a melee class.

I'll throw in mine:

Rise of the Legion: FOURTH SPEC

With the rise of the burning legion, the great champions of Azeroth expand their expertise with new studies and training. All heroes gain eligibility for a... 4th specialization.

Death Knight: Hellfire.
    Death Knights’ new affinity to fire has drawn some suspicion. Some mages brought forth a simple explanation that appears to be now widely accepted. During a mage’s education, learning how to control the powers of Frost requires the same basic training to that of fire, so it’s not surprising they are expanding into new disciplines. However, Death Knights claim they aren’t trying to learn anything new, but rather this ability is “burning from within”. Representatives of the Ebon Blade support these claims and say the only way they can receive new power is through the will of the Lich King, who is dead. Tirion Fordring on the subject “No comment”
    Also: Frost runes converted to hell runes. Blood plague converted to burning blood. (Not boiling, son)

Druid: N/A
    Druids being great oracles of wisdom have already expanded their knowledge into four specializations!

Hunter: Nightranger.
    Nightrangers are Hunter specializing in stealth and using the darkness to stalk and hunt their prey. They have a buffed Camouflage and use shadow arrows. Plus they get chilling shot which is a frost arrow and something hunters should've had since 2004.
    Also: Marksmanship doesn't need a pet anymore. Love the archery type class. Hate pets. Gimme please.

Mage: Summoner.
    Great advancements have been made amongst the mage community. Master wizards can now summon much greater objects than food and water. Conjuration focused mages can now summon monsters and beasts as well as armor and weapons for themselves and their allies. Think Naxx spirit swords and stuff. Plus they can summon raid members now so you don't have to always bring a warlock.

Monk: Firedancer.
    Monk spec built off the 4th August Celestial, Chi-Ji, the guardian of hope. These monks use the fire of spirit and zeal to deal ranged magical damage to their opponents. They use chants and poetry to call the flame.

Paladin: Zeal.
    Ranged holy dps, Shockadin. Obv. Shield + 1h spell sword.

Priest: Domination.
    Dark priest that uses shadow spells but also disperses into a mist and enters bodies of a host and takes control of them. 2 holy specs, need 2 shadow. That's just balance, man.

Rogue: Deadeye.
    Ranged dps spec. There's gotta be more people who use bows and guns than just Hunters. I also think another spec might get an overhaul since all the rogue specs are kinda the same. Delete 'Combat' spec. Give us 'Vampirism' or 'Dreadblade' that leeches life. Lore: We gotz bit by a dread lord. Throw us WC3 Spirit of Vengeance for this spec too please.

Shaman: Earthwarden.
    Tank spec that's pretty much there already. Uses 1h and shield + earth shields and rockbiter. Uses tectonic magic, earth and magma as well.

Warlock: Necromancy.
    Changes summons into skeletons, aboms, skeleton mages and leeches life. Blood magic.
    Also: Demonology becomes tank spec.

Warrior: Blademaster.
    Give this spec DW 1hs and make it based off haste. Add WC3 Windwalk short duration buff = gold.
    Also: Fury is DW 2h only, loses single-minded fury.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I'll throw in mine:

Umm.. no on the name for the hunter class... Nightranger? The 80s called...

Besides, Dark Ranger's are already NPCs in the game.

I do like your monk idea. It is better and more logical than mine was.
    Last edited by Daswolfen; 2013-06-28 at 04:52 PM.

I'll throw in mine:
    I like most of what you have there, but you really lose me at 'give us vampirism' part. We already have two 'cursed' races in the undead and worgen, and have a 'cursed' class in the dk. If blizz would add another it'd be a bit excessive and honestly it would need to be an entire class or an entire race not just one spec of a class for consistency. That said a range spec for rogues I could get behind so long as it feels like a rogue and not just a hunter with no pet.

I'm against a warlock necromancer spec. Warlocks and necromancers are two different 'classes' and much of the necromancer shtick is already taken by the death knight I'd rather see their forth spec be something like demon form tanking rather than stapling another class onto them as a forth spec.

Not sure if blademaster would really work as a forth spec, though coming up with another warrior spec may be tough. But like the demon hunter, most of their abilities are given out. Bladestorm is a talent, mirror image is a mage spell, critical strike is something all classes have, leaving just wind walk. I think they'd need to do something else for a warrior forth spec.

If fourth specs were to be added, this is how I would do it:

Death Knight: Death Tank / Blood Healer
    Blood Magic has been a strong part of the DK toolkit since forever; but with new advancements from the San'lyn and refined by studying the works of Lei'Shen, the Thunder King, the Death Knights have learned to use the Carnage they create to further strengthen and revitalize themselves and even their allies. This has caused something a split in the previously stalwart Blood Death Knights, as some choose to use this knowledge to further strengthen themselves, and some choose the path of the Blood Priest support role. Regardless, both philosophies continue to be effective and vital parts of any army.

Blood was shoe-horned as the tanking tree simply because it was the most effective and popular tank at the time Blizz made the change to a more practical one-spec-one-role set up. The Truth is, Blood DKs make far more use of Death Runes and Death Strike then Their Spec specific Heart Strike, so why not split the tree in two along lore lines, and more fully flesh out the manipulations of blood magic to heal allies. Heart Strike can be used as a DPS-to-Heal, mechanic similar to Mistweaver Monks. Runic Power can switch to Mana, and the current set up of spending Runic Power to Speed up Rune Generation allows for an easy throttle on Mana spending to put it in line with other healer mechanics.

Druid: ... Already have 4 specs.

Hunter: Alchemist Healer
    In their roles as scouts, rangers, and defenders of the wild, hunters have often used natural remedies when access to more traditional Healing is out of reach. Until recently, however, these medicines have always proven a lackluster substitute to the powers of the light or that of nature's spirits. Recent discoveries from certain groups, including but not limited to: The Royal Alchemists, the Gnomeregan Reclaimers, and Panderan Mistweavers; have allowed these traditional remedies to be refined to the point of being able to compete with other methods of healing.

Remember the Goblin Alchemist Merc Hero from W3? Yeah, won't that be fun.

Mage: Abjuration Healer
    The Titan complex of Ulduar was opened up to Mortal explorers after Dalaran led the charge to see the old god Yogg-Saron defeated. In studying the ancient works of the Titans and their constructs, many secrets on the structures of magic and the world were laid bare. The Mages of Dalaran had been studying and perfecting the means of reordering and rebuilding the world, broken by the Cataclysm, when the Sunreaver Schism brought Dalaran out of Neutrality. Now the Sunreavers and the Mages of Dalaran have disseminated their discoveries, allowing Mages of both the Alliance and the Horde to Reconstitute that which has been broken, and even bend time to make the most grievous of injuries never happen.

Bubbles, Time Travel, Re-configuring Reality to suit their needs... we can even throw in a Golem pet for flavor (with Glyph to make it Race specific).

Monk: Blademaster DPS
    The Students of the Crane usually prefer the peace of their studies to the chaos of War, but sometimes Peace needs to be created. These Monks are masters of Weaponry and Illusions, and they use both with startling efficiency to take down any opponent that would disturb the peace and tranquility of their home.

Combine the old Blademaster Hero from W3 with the Sword wielding Acolytes of the Crane. I think this would be a much better fit for those who want to play a Blademaster then the Warrior class, personally. Plus, you give Monks the option of actually using their Weapons.

Paladin: Wrath DPS
    A Holy damage Caster spec. 'Nuff said.

Priest: Wrath DPS
    A Holy damage Caster spec. 'Nuff said.

Rogue: Bodyguard Tank
    While Murder and Assassination is an important part of any rogues toolkit, not being murdered in return can be even more important. A rogues defensive toolkit usually involves not allowing your opponent to attack you in the first place, but a few rogues take that to a more practical extreme of simply not letting their opponent do anything at all. Debilitating poisons, Disarming attacks, Harsh language, and a few other tricks of the trade allow these rogues to simply keep an opponent too distracted to do any real harm.

With Evasion tanking taken by the Monks, I think the next best option for Rogue tanking would be a Tank that focused on not allowing the target to do damage in the first place. The only tricky part, to my mind, would be arranging the abilities such that they only worked when the target was actually attacking the rogue (otherwise a Rogue offtank could trivialize damage done to a Main Tank who could also use his own defensive abilities), but I think that would ultimately be doable.

Shaman: Warden Tank
    These Stalwart Guardians utilize the elements of Earth and the powers of the Earth Aspect, as utilized and taught by Thrall, to become formidable obstacles to any opponent.

Earth is largely underutilized by Shamans. Elementals focus on Fire and Lightning, Enhancements work Air and Spirit, Restoration focuses largely on Water (with a single Earth spell to my knowledge); I think there is room for a Earth Focused Shaman, and I think the only practical role for such a beast would be a tank.

Warlock: Apotheosis Tank
    The ability for Warlocks to transform into Demons has slowly been developed and refined over the course of years, since the ability was first learned by studying Illidan's own transformation. While this form generally has granted little to no offensive capability, a warlocks own knowledge often being superior to that granted by Demonic form, unless fueled by power best left untouched; It's defensive capability has always been far superior to the caster's own frail form. To this purpose, the spell has been refined again and again, until it is now finally capable of standing toe to toe with some of Azeroth's most deadly and dangerous foes.

The Glyph of Demon Hunting turned into a viable tanking spec. There really isn't much to do here: Add in some form of Avoidance, Crit Immunity, Proper Scaling, Replace Hand of Gul'dan with Carrion Swarm rotationally, add in a dps Fury dump, and modify Drain Life to be a second Active Mitagation component along with Fury Ward. The biggest changes I would make would actually be to remove Metamorphosis from the Demonology spec and replace it with the ability to spend your secondary resource (which I would also rename) on an additional demon summon, either the existing Doomguard/Infernal or something new. This would completely separate the Conjuration and the Transmutation elements of the spec.

Warrior: Gladiator Tank
    While some Warriors Hide behind their Shields, these fighters take a bit more Proactive approach to mitigating damage, choosing to make their opponent weaker with tricks worthy of the pits of Orgrimmar rather then allowing them to strike in the first place. Naturally this allows them to keep their off-hands free for additional weaponry.

Priests are the original exemplar healing class and have two healing specs, so Warriors as the original and exemplar Tank class could naturally have two Tank specs. The Gladiator follows the same form as the Bodyguard rogue, and has many of the same balancing issues, but if those are solved, I believe this to be a viable form of tanking.

Seems like it'd be kinda hard for warriors to have a 4th spec. The current 3 specs cover most of the "warrior-like" stuff that I'd expect. I can't really think of anything that the 3 specs we already have wouldn't cover.

I guess you could maybe make some kind of a ranged spec work. It's not unheard of in some fantasy settings for warriors to dabble in magic a bit or occasionally use ranged weapons like bows, but it's pretty rare. That'd kind of be pushing it in WoW, because you're pretty much just turning the warrior into a petless hunter or "battle mage" at that point. Seems like the other way around is more common - ie, you have a character who is primarily a caster but can use melee weapons like swords somewhat effectively when necessary.

A "Brawler" DPS spec where you fight bare handed or with fist weapons/various other objects you can pick up would be cool, but you could almost just add that to Fury and call it a day instead of making an entire new spec out of it.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2013-06-28 at 05:45 PM.

Warrior is probably the hardest to pull off but the gladiator tank idea sounds intriguing.

Where could we fit in a Bard 4th spec?

Monk, rogue?

@Orloth liking the time-mage healer idea

Where could we fit in a Bard 4th spec?

Monk, rogue?

I don't think a bard is something that should be shoehorned into an existing class. It should either be left out, be its own class, or worked in as part of a new class like how brewmaster fits into the monk class, rather than being stapled onto another class for the sake of having it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll throw in mine:
    Seen it before, definetely the one concept I'd go with. Beautiful. I'd literally make one of each class just to test all this new 4th specs. Earthwarden is something I've tried in my shaman for years!

And the Chi-Ji spec problem was incredibly solved, congrats! You managed to put the "Fire of Hope" aspect into the Chi-Ji monks (scribes, poets), really cool!

Anyway, this is by far the one that I like the most, great job!
    "Ah... you have learned much... and learned well... an honorable battle.
    In the end, I stood by the warchief, because it was my duty, and I am glad that it was you who struck me down.
    May your strength... lead the horde... into a new era of prosperity..."

-General Nazgrim

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    I don't think a bard is something that should be shoehorned into an existing class. It should either be left out, be its own class, or worked in as part of a new class like how brewmaster fits into the monk class, rather than being stapled onto another class for the sake of having it.
    Yeah, agreed. No idea how to properly get a Bard into WoW without starting a new class completely - which I'm not sure if Blizzard would do. Then again, by the Bard april fool's prank you know it's at least on their minds. (We all know what happened to their other prank *cough* pandas *cough*) There may be hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Orloth View Post
    Warlock: Apotheosis Tank
    The ability for Warlocks to transform into Demons has slowly been developed and refined over the course of years, since the ability was first learned by studying Illidan's own transformation. While this form generally has granted little to no offensive capability, a warlocks own knowledge often being superior to that granted by Demonic form, unless fueled by power best left untouched; It's defensive capability has always been far superior to the caster's own frail form. To this purpose, the spell has been refined again and again, until it is now finally capable of standing toe to toe with some of Azeroth's most deadly and dangerous foes.

The Glyph of Demon Hunting turned into a viable tanking spec. There really isn't much to do here: Add in some form of Avoidance, Crit Immunity, Proper Scaling, Replace Hand of Gul'dan with Carrion Swarm rotationally, add in a dps Fury dump, and modify Drain Life to be a second Active Mitagation component along with Fury Ward. The biggest changes I would make would actually be to remove Metamorphosis from the Demonology spec and replace it with the ability to spend your secondary resource (which I would also rename) on an additional demon summon, either the existing Doomguard/Infernal or something new. This would completely separate the Conjuration and the Transmutation elements of the spec.
    "Apotheosis Tank." Thank you. Too many people focus on the glyph name, not the actual stance/spell. I'd personally leave Demo otherwise untouched, as it's very awesome right now, and instead pull the tanking spec into newer territory (new resource, change a couple spells for spec diversity, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Warrior is probably the hardest to pull off but the gladiator tank idea sounds intriguing.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtree View Post
    "Apotheosis Tank." Thank you. Too many people focus on the glyph name, not the actual stance/spell. I'd personally leave Demo otherwise untouched, as it's very awesome right now, and instead pull the tanking spec into newer territory (new resource, change a couple spells for spec diversity, etc.)
    And it would probably be better and healthier to do so, all told.

I'm not sure if you remember the entire history of the Metamorphosis spell for Warlocks, but from the time it was introduced, to the MoP revamp it has always been thrown in there because... well... Illidan. Now, don't get me wrong. I like Illidan. And before Demonology landed as a proper 'Conjurer' (back when it was a schizophrenic mess) I was suggesting that Demonology be made into a Demon Hunter -esque melee dps spec (I still wouldn't mind that alternative, if people want to keep pure dps classes pure). It just seems to me, that if we are getting more room with an additional spec, that we should take the opportunity to both: Flesh out Demonology's new direction to fully encompass being a Fel Conjurer, and give Metamorphosis a chance to shine with a spec fully designed around it. I would play both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like fun... think I will throw in my 2 cents as well.

Death Knight - Valkyr
    Still based on Runic Power, the Valkyr has the power to wield dark magics and inflict great damage from a distance. While in this state, the Valkyr has the ability to heal themself and share that healing with one singular person to whom they are linked. This would make for a Ranged DPS caster class in INT Plate armor who has very limited self and shared healing powers. They would not be able to queue as a healer, but could certainly throw a little healing in the direction of the tank via their Valkyric Bond.

Hunter - Dark Ranger
    The dark ranger, moves in shadows and stealth and is well equipped for close range combat. Using only their cunning, this melee DPS class relies on 1H weapons and a single pet (of their choosing). While summoned, the combat pet serves as an active link to the dark ranger giving him or her access to combat abilities found within the pet to which they are linked. A ranger could gain great strength from their bear, or great haste from a jungle cat. Their power still rests in their focus, and the link to the animal is both a blessing and a curse, for if the animal dies, so does the ranger and vice versa.

Mage - Combat Magi
    This Melee DPS class is known for its weapon wielding and its spell slinging all rooted in INT Plate gear. The Combat Magi, though not a tanking class, can certainly hold its own against a host of foes should the tank suddenly come under heavy fire, or worse, death. Already equipped with the powers of Fire, Ice, and Arcane, the Combat Magi uses Composite Magic which combines elements from all 3 schools of magic and turns them into deadly munitions against their foes. The Combat Magi is able to wield 1H and 2H weapons and is also capable of casting a Magical Shield which lasts only 30 mins at a time and occupies the off-hand slot while using 1H weapons.

Monk - Jade Summoner
    This ranged DPS class is a learned branch from Shamanistic practices. The Summoner uses a Jade statue to replenish power as it is used, and can summon great totems to battle for him. Using the proper spells, a Summoner can bring forth a Jade Serpent, Crane, or Tiger to fight for him. During the summon, the Monk takes control of the summoned mist creature and uses its abilities in its defense. Once the battle ends, the summoned creature vanishes and the monks power is slowly replenished. Should the monk be tasked thin during a battle, the monk must summon the jade statue to refill their energy.

Paladin - Arch Crusader
    This 4th Paladin spec allows the Paladin to battle from a distance, and keep their foes at bay. This Ranged DPS is reliant on INT Plate, and uses holy light and power to cast tremendous spells, such as Force of Will, which knocks all enemies back 25 yards from where they stand and can be used at a 15 yard range. Or, Wall of Illumination where the Paladin summons a giant wall of holy light which stops all foes from passing for 8-10 seconds allowing himself or his group to regain their footing and prepare for battle to continue.

Priest - Cleric
    This priest spec is the only spec to use INT Mail, and while relying on holy magic, is a Melee DPS class which charges its 1H, 2H, and shields with holy warding and damage inflicting enchantments, much the same way a Shaman uses Flame Tongue weapon and lightning shield. Resembling a lesser geared Paladin, the Cleric is able to cast both healing and damage spells while in motion. They must use Prayer to replenish their holy power as they are not dependent on Mana the way their counterpart classes are. A cleric, when properly geared and skilled can be a deadly foe. Their only drawback is the prayer time needed to replenish their resource after intense battles.

Rogue - Sniper
    This fourth spec for rogues is a Ranged DPS class, and falls closely in line with hunters, with one exception, they only use bows and crossbows for the silent kill. Guns are just too noisy for this group of long distance shadow killers. The other advantage to a sniper versus a hunter, is his ability to dual wield crossbows much the same way he dual wields blades. His skillfull use of poisons and ranged bows makes him a very lethal assassin style sniper. The sniper is also given a bonus to scope usage on his ranged weapons, and can fire them while stealthed. Firing instantly removes the stealth, unless the shot bears no aggro, such as a sleep shot, or the infamous Black Jack dart knocking his foe to the ground while stunning him.

Shaman - LifeForce
    A LifeForce Shaman is a warrior of his people who relies on his instincts and brute strength. All of his magic is used to buff himself, his weapons, and when needed healing himself and his spirit guide. This specialization of shamanistic magic relies on the elements of nature and the power they have for his totem animal. When a LifeForce Shaman starts on his journey, he selects a totem that represents his power and an animal to harness that power. So, if the shaman chooses a bear and a fire totem, a spirit bear formed of fire would stand to assist the Shaman in his efforts to hold the line. This is a tanking spec.

Warlock - Infernal
    This is a tank spec. The warlock who chooses the path of the Infernal takes on a great responsibility. Much like the demon from which the power is extracted, when active (like a worgen changing with rage), the Warlock shifts from their "normal" appearance into something much larger, more solid like the rock formed infernals of Hellfire, but demon in shape with horns, wings, hooves, and even a tale. This green glowing demonic rock beast would strike fear in the heart of even the darkest enemy and has no trouble using this new fel form to trample all foes in his path. While in this state, the warlock is given a guardian Imp who uses shadow magic to heal its morphed master... or suffer dire consequences. Fel Energy is the new fuel source for this state, and is generated much the same way as rage.

Warrior - Barbarian
    This is a 2nd tanking spec. The warrior, whose entire battle is based on Rage is now enhanced and can withstand more than any other tank in the game. Once specc'd as Barbarian, when enraged in combat, the Barbarian increases in size by 20% and once at 50% rage, gains a 15% damage bonus to all attacks and a 20% increase in physical defense based on armor. The Barbarian can use any weapon EXCEPT ranged, and is allowed to dual wield all of them, including staves. An unstoppable killing machine, the Barbarian's only real weakness is his de-raging process. If a Barbarian is below 5% health with 0 rage accumulated, the 20% size reduction will kill him. It is important for the Barbarian to always remain aware of his health level and try not to bite off more than he can chew. With a good healer, he is unkillable.
    Last edited by -Superman-; 2013-06-28 at 08:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow. I guess folks were done with this topic.

I could see Rogues healing as a Bard (think Rift) more than a "Field Medic" which doesn't make a lot of sense. Bards are generally considered a hybrid of Rogues even in most D&D games, and tend to get a lot of rogue skills (in EverQuest they got lock picking/sneak, pickpocket etc. and what not).

As far as Rogue tanking goes, I've tanked as a Rogue in a few MMOs now (Assassin in SWTOR, and Riftstalker in Rift). I would personally love to have a saboteur style (demolition expert) talent tree. That was probably the funnest Rogue spec of any game I've played so far.

---------- Post added 2013-06-30 at 05:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post

Rogue - Sniper
    This fourth spec for rogues is a Ranged DPS class, and falls closely in line with hunters, with one exception, they only use bows and crossbows for the silent kill. Guns are just too noisy for this group of long distance shadow killers. The other advantage to a sniper versus a hunter, is his ability to dual wield crossbows much the same way he dual wields blades. His skillfull use of poisons and ranged bows makes him a very lethal assassin style sniper. The sniper is also given a bonus to scope usage on his ranged weapons, and can fire them while stealthed. Firing instantly removes the stealth, unless the shot bears no aggro, such as a sleep shot, or the infamous Black Jack dart knocking his foe to the ground while stunning him.
    This would make sense lore-wise since SI:7 almost always has Snipers with them in every quest or scenario.
    Last edited by achromatickang; 2013-06-30 at 05:17 AM.

If anyone remembers Dark Age of Camelot, that game had many neat classes but one of my favorites was the Theurgist. Described as such:

"Theurgists carry with them the ability to create their own small armies through the summoning of elemental creatures. The Theurgist can deal direct damage on the enemy as well as pummel him with up to 16 elementals. Summoning elementals one after the other, Theurgists hit their enemies from all sides, thus confusing them in the heat of battle."

Basically, instead of spamming bolts of magic to murder your enemies you shot out lots of little elemental dudes of varying types, one after another. They weren't permanent or controlled in the same sense as a Hunter pet or anything (they would just run straight at the target and start clobbering until it or they were dead), but it felt pretty rad to summon these little armies as your primary means of offense. I would love to see a fourth spec in this vain. Shaman would probably be the most suitable, but it could be adapted to anybody really.

Deleted
    I was just thinking about how this is more than likely what Blizz will do next expansion if they dont add another class!!

Overall, the Druid 4 specc system worked rather well so can see them doing something similar for everyone.

My ideas are below. Please note, that I do in some situations disagree with the whole "everyone must have access to two roles" if a 4th specc was added. Sometimes, not everyone NEEDS to be able to do a different role. Also, I think for this to work best, Blizzard may have to add a 4th role int he form of a controller or buffer/debuffer, so I have listed what I think would work here as well.

Death Knight : Not sure on name for it yet, but personally I would love to see a ranged dps specc based on AoE attacks and spell plate. Allow them to also dual wield so they can equip two int weapons. Could have the ability to transform into a Lich, much like Demo locks have a demon form. Wouldnt cause too many issues with gear access either as currently only one class can use spell plate.

Druid: As my main, I would love a 5th specc added to druids to make them more special (JK!) In all seriousness, just diversify the attacks between Guardian and Feral a bit more and I would be happy. And allow some more customization of the looks of the different forms, Including a new moonkin form!

Hunter: Would love to call it a beastmaster specc but the name is already taken! Would love to see a melee based specc which still includes the pet. Have it procc based so the more powerful abilities tie in to when the pet performs a crit for example, or make it so that the pet and hunter perform a combo move. Also a possiblity this type of role could be a controller, with snares and slows and the like, involving flanking the opponent with your pet.

Monk: Already been said, but a crane based ranged dps specc. Only one that makes sense really.

Mage: Chronomancer for healing. Mages are already playing around with time magic, so it makes sense. Would make it more of a proactive heal build involving HoT's and shields, so it played like a resto druid/disc priest combo.

Paladin: Ranged dps specc would be cool, but I dont really feel like it is needed for paladins. Think giving them a second heal specc which is melee based would be a better fit personally. Might make me play my Paladin again as well!

Priest: Unless blizzard added a 4th role like a controller, which I would also love them to do, the only real option is a holy based dps specc. If however they decided to add a controller role as well, a psychic based control specc which involved debuffing the enemy through mental attacks and buffing the party through doing this.

Rogue: This one I think is rather tricky, as I dont see a rogue filling a role apart from DPS (similar to hunter), unless a control role was brought out as well. In the situation of a control role, a trickster which flitted about disarming and slowing enemies, or distracting them would work rather well for a rogue. IF not a 4th role, then the aforementioned swashbuckler style tank would work I suppose.

Shaman: Again a tricky one. Controller like role doesn't work in my head, but nor does a shaman tank. This is the only class I struggle with, simply because I cannot see what other type of role they could have, except maybe perhaps a pet based specc, but not sure if id like to see it as a healing specc or a dps specc.

Warlock: As unpopular as this may make me, I do not like the idea of a warlock tank in the slightest. However, should a 4th specc be added, I have a strong suspicion this is the way it would go. Warlocks would also make a good controller role class as well, could link the souls of enemies and allies and whenever the debuff the enemy that ally/allies gains a small buff, so like a life stealing based spec.

Warrior: Ranged dps would be awesome here, and the only real fit. Could have a controller like specc as well which involved rushing an enemy and hindering them with strikes to specific areas of the body. Would prefer this specc to solely use hammers though for crushing of bones!

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lll View Post
    If anyone remembers Dark Age of Camelot, that game had many neat classes but one of my favorites was the Theurgist. Described as such:

"Theurgists carry with them the ability to create their own small armies through the summoning of elemental creatures. The Theurgist can deal direct damage on the enemy as well as pummel him with up to 16 elementals. Summoning elementals one after the other, Theurgists hit their enemies from all sides, thus confusing them in the heat of battle."

Basically, instead of spamming bolts of magic to murder your enemies you shot out lots of little elemental dudes of varying types, one after another. They weren't permanent or controlled in the same sense as a Hunter pet or anything (they would just run straight at the target and start clobbering until it or they were dead), but it felt pretty rad to summon these little armies as your primary means of offense. I would love to see a fourth spec in this vain. Shaman would probably be the most suitable, but it could be adapted to anybody really.
    Death Knight Necromancer.

Others?

Hunter: A bit involved....make Beast Mastery the Pet spec by removing pets baseline. Pets become the BMs L10 specialisation skill. Then develop the other two specs for greater differentiation. Next, add a Control Pet T1 talent, meaning any Hunter has the optional ability to control a Pet, but BMs have it by default and can choose to control 2. The Hunter would have greater flexibility, I feel, without the pet.

Monk: Cranedancer...ranged spell DPS spec. Alternative: Celestial...Stealth class (less likely)

Mage: Chronomancer for healing

Paladin: Inquisitor: Ranged DPS Spec

Priest: Acolyte: Melee DPS spec. Alternative: Anchorite: Holy DPS

Rogue: Ranger - Ranged DPS. Bard - healing and support.

Shaman: Earth Warder - Tank

Warlock: Demon Hunter - Tank

Warrior: Dragoon Ranged DPS.

EJL
    Last edited by Talen; 2013-06-30 at 09:10 AM.