Poll: Is a 4th Spec Possible?

Thread: 4th Spec Ideas

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Sorta feel meh, when thinking of lock tanking, there was this suggestion here, that it would be drain like from enemy -> heal group thingy, would much rather see something like that.

When I think of 4th spec, I see an opportunity to expand upon the definition of "pure dps class". I would like to see each of the current pure dps classes reformatted so that they each have 2 melee specs and 2 ranged/caster specs. There should be something of a symbiotic relationship between each pair of specs within a class, including the "hybrid" classes. For example: Maybe for DKs, Unholy and Blood would use Soul Reaper, but Immortal and Frost would have a different type of execute ability. Ret and Holy Paladins would have access to Holy Shock, whereas Prot and Justice Paladins would not. Things like that.

Death Knight
    Immortal - New tank spec based on current Blood spec
    Frost - DW DPS
    -
    Blood - 2H DPS
    Unholy

Druid
    Guardian
    Feral
    -
    Balance
    Restoration

Hunter
    Marksmanship - (Ranged)
    Survival - (Ranged)
    -
    Beast Mastery - (Melee) Pet focused
    Savagery - (Melee) Strike focused

Mage
    Fire - (Caster)
    Frost - (Caster)
    -
    Battle - (Melee) Strike focused
    War - (Hybrid) Instant cast spell focused

Monk
    Brewmaster
    Windwalker
    -
    Mistweaver
    Skycaller - Caster DPS

Paladin
    Protection
    Justice - 2H + Shield DPS spec similar to current Ret
    -
    Holy
    Retribution - Holy Shock + Judgement based melee spec

Priest
    Discipline
    Holy
    -
    Shadow
    Sanctity - Holy based caster spec

Rogue
    Combat - (Melee) Sword focused
    Subtlety - (Melee) Dagger focused
    -
    Deception - (Ranged)
    Assassination - (Ranged)

Shaman
    Elemental
    Restoration
    -
    Enhancement
    Earthbreaker - New tank spec

Warlock
    Demonology - (Hybrid)
    Apotheosis - (Melee) Demon Hunter type spec
    -
    Affliction
    Destruction

Warrior
    Protection
    Fury - DW 1H Weapons
    -
    Arms
    Blade Mastery - DW 2H Weapons
    Last edited by Clash the DK; 2013-08-06 at 04:10 AM.

wouldnt having a 4th spec mean that basically almost every class could be either a healer, tank or dps by itself? what would the point of classes be if DK's could heal
    Think for yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goreheart View Post
    wouldnt having a 4th spec mean that basically almost every class could be either a healer, tank or dps by itself? what would the point of classes be if DK's could heal
    I'm sorry? Paladins are a pure hybrid, so no other class should exist?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Arms warriors are blademasters as they have been defined in WoW. There are a number of blastmaster NPCs, and they ARE arms warriors.

They don't have all the same skills as in WC3, but its been what, 10 years? A couple talents is not worth making an entire new spec for.

Quote Originally Posted by Goreheart View Post
    Same question, circa 2007: What's the point of classes if DK's could tank?

Classes would still approach their new roles according to the themes they already have. If a DK could heal, expect him to do it by manipulating life and death, in a manner far darker than the holy or nature wielding healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Starscreamer View Post
    Priest Holy dps specc! I wants my holy dps back from BC =O
    Disc Atonement? Holy Chakra: Chastise?

10+ Year Old Account
    Death Knight - Spirit

Based on Valkyr lore (Spiritweaver) Healing spec that relies in consuming the souls of the enemies to create absorption shields.

Druid - Guardian

You guys already have one!! But one just for fun

Nature

Mele/Ranged DPS focused on channeling nature's raw power through their weapons. Fight style depends on the weapon equipped

Hunter - Dark Hunter

A gameplay amalgamation of Dark Rangers and Shadow Hunters. Ranged DPS, wears leather -can only summon spirit/undead pets; focuses in DoT's and curses, few of them as shots. Their survivability comes from consuming enemies life force and usings shadow spells to mitigate damage and movility.

Mage - Battlemage

Mages that go directly into the front lines of battle. Mele DPS/Support. Heavy AoE damage, utility survival spells

Monk - Swiftstriker

Monks that follow the teachings of Chi-ji of Hope and Contemplation though the archery art of Kyudo. Ranged DPS that gains combo points that can be unleashed in devastating attacks. Uses ranged weapon.

Paladin - Radiance

Paladin that heals and inspires though auras and massive AoE spells. Although a healer, he can also damage though his auras and AoE, making the spec versatile depending the fight and what the group needs.

Priest - Devotion

Priests that channel the powers of their deities to strike their enemies down. Ranged DPS, they channel certain attacks through their weapons. They deal direct holy damage at distance. Race restricted Glyphs change the appareance of several spells -i.e. The "Starfall" night elf glyph cosmetically alters the devotion ranged AoE baseline spell and its tooltip.

Rogue - Warden

Modeled after the Night Elven Wardens. Melee DPS that uses a variety of snares to hinder enemies movement or bolster their own.

Shaman - Absorption

Shaman that uses the powers of the elements to redirect damage to the earth, absorb it through water, and disperse it in the wind and flames. Tank, focused on damage mitigation and redirection of damage as threat.

Warlock - Demon Hunter

Illidan's teachings remain alive. Meele DPS with small viability for tanking (redirecting the efforts put in Demonology) can duel wield daggers, sacrifices his use of minions for personal survivavility.

Warrior - Berserker

Powerful warrior that sacrifices survivavility for damage. Melee DPS than can range out and throw is weapon to cause burst damage.
    Last edited by TheDangerZone; 2013-08-06 at 07:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

That's my contribution.

As a lazy thought; the specs are unlocked through questlines at level 90, which involve your class trainers, a questline that explores the new mechanics, etc. If you complete your questline, any future examples of that class which you make have that spec unlocked.

Death Knight: Lich; ranged DPS
    You get a book and bring it to that Lich dude in Acherus. He's all like "oh hey this book is super neat I could teach you lich magic" and he teaches you lich/banshee magic and eventually you can seperate your soul from your body and all that good stuff. You shoot icicles and things at bad guys to beat them.

Druid: Dragon Acolyte; melee DPS
    You get a book which you can't read, and you take it to Hamuul, or whoever's convenient in Moonglade, really. They're all like "whoa, this book was written by Some Super Old Guy" and they can't read it, so you take it to Ysera and she's all like "this is some terrible fanfiction, but at least it's not slash fanfic" and then she teaches you all this Green Dragon stuff that I can't be bothered going into.

Hunter: Aspect Master; melee DPS
    You recover a really cool monkey totem from some tribal race and you bring it to Brann Bronzebeard. He's all like "och this is a magical artifact laddy" and then you hunt down the absolute pinnacle of those animals, kill them, and absorb their essence DOVAAHKIN style. Your aspects become SUPER POWERFUL, except for HAWK and IRON HAWK which are replaced by MONKEY and GORILLA respectively, and your shots are replaced with cool animal-styled melee attacks.

Mage: Spellblade; melee DPS
    You find a book and take it to Dalaran, where you talk to Rhonin Krasus either Aethas or Jaina depending on your faction. Together you unravel the arcane secret of turning weapons into Spellblades and eventually storing your spells in them, turning your vocal utterances and hand gestures into sword/dagger/staffplay.

Monk: Red Crane; spell DPS
    there's that red crane who doesn't have a monk spec so go study under him for a while

Paladin: Avenger; melee DPS
    You get a random bullshit questline, but you're partnered with a Really Cool Chick through it. At the end of it, she dies and the villain escapes, so you get REALLY PISSED OFF and because you're REALLY PISSED OFF you get new spells and abilities.

Priest: Divine Wrath; ranged DPS
    You find a book by a radical cult of the Light devoted to cleansing the world of undead and anyone who would associate with them wait this group sounds familiar. Anyway, you find one of their lost books and start studying it, but it's kinda-sorta tainted by demon power, so you and a Naaru who is a totally cool dude work together to cleanse it. Eventually you get really good at smitin' and holy firin'.

Rogue: Stalker; ranged DPS
    You get some scenes with Wrathion towards the start of the expansion, and he makes a deal with you; do his morally questionable bidding, and he'll teach you secrets; how to shoot a crossbow all good-like, in particular, and a few dragonblood poisons. Eventually during the questline, you find a hidden cache of Twilight eggs and spellbooks, and you bring them back to him; he mutates your Shadow spells into Twilight spells, and you become a badass assassin using Twilight Magic and Black Dragon blood.

Shaman: Earthwarder; tank, 2H hammer
    Thrall's all like "yeah hey man do you want to know how to use THE POWER OF THE EARTH" because he has trouble keeping his ham under control. You go hang out with him for a while and he's all like "hammers are cool" and you eventually become a 2h tank using shields (the things that orbit around you not the weapon) and you can tank and whatnot.

Warlock: Blood; melee DPS
    You recover an ancient, evil tome of San'layn blood stuff, and develop a slight blood addiction. You start stabbing powerful things and drinking their power; demons, great warriors, Jaina's tampons, you name it.

Warrior: Marksmanship; ranged DPS
    You attend seminars in one of your cities to learn how to shoot an arrow.
    Yeah I dunno. Figure something out.

bonus round: tinkers
    Demolitions! Throw bombs and grenades to hideously maim people!
    Alchemy! Liberally apply potions to heal your allies!
    Munitions! Pick up your rifle and bring your ammo satchels, you'll be shooting all sorts of fancy bullets at people!
    Pyrotechnics! Flamethrowers and fireworks; they can't catch you if you're on fire!
    Last edited by LilSaihah; 2013-08-06 at 07:47 AM.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Priests should get a Holy DPS spec

Paladins should get a ranged dps spec were they can shoot holy lazers from their eyes

Shamans should get an Earthwarder Tank Spec

Mages should get an Oil dps spec, based on a variety of petroleum spells.

Warriors should get a combat medic Healer spec, zip around the battlefield applying medkits

Death Knights should get a runic ranged dps spec throwing spirit ghosts at range

Monks should get a ranged dps spec were they throw ranged balls of baby pandas.

Warlocks should get a demon hunter spec where they can name their own demon.

Hunters should get a melee dps spec were they can turn into their pet.

Druids shouldn't get anything but balance druids should get +20% dmg buff
    Hi

I would like Warrior to have either a range spec or a unique spec for each race.

Belf, Spellbreaker(specializes in caster one hand)
    Gnome, Tinker(maces)(or introduce wrenches)
    Dwarf, brawler(fists)
    Orc, true blademaster(polearms)
    Humans, knights(Sword and shield)
    Night Elves, Glaive throwers(glaives)(introduce glaives)
    Undead, ghoul(fists)
    Troll, berserker(1hand axes)

I got tired of thinking of warrior ideas at this point xD

Shaman have been crying/begging to be able to tank since vanilla, that one's a no brainer - can't see how people are saying they don't know what the shaman one should be. It would guarantee all my monies if they gave us one tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    Shaman have been crying/begging to be able to tank since vanilla, that one's a no brainer - can't see how people are saying they don't know what the shaman one should be. It would guarantee all my monies if they gave us one tbh.
    Earthbender <3

Maybe give us a reason to use some agi staves that are floating about. They could make all AP convert to spell power, and could be a ranged/spell based tank spec perhaps?

Or could just be a badass earth based melee tank.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It cannot happen because there's only so many ways a rogue can stealth and stab.

Also, gC said it won't happen due to balance concerns.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    http://wowpedia.org/Argent_Dawn_Templar

Some sort of Caster Pally, I suppose. Like Jtree said about a Shockadin spec. Templar seems pretty interesting, advancing in holy magic, yet at the cost of abandoning traditions for new ways to fight demons and undead, and even other evils in the world.

Holy lightning? Fudge yeah! "Crazy" cultist paladin!

Give hunters a "jungle spec" focused on self healing, enhancing abilities with jungle venoms and guerilla combat.

That's all i've ever wanted added.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    It cannot happen because there's only so many ways a rogue can stealth and stab.

Also, gC said it won't happen due to balance concerns.
    New class incoming.....

Death Knight - Necromancer - obviously, uses INT plate, pet based ranged dps, has been said, needs to be done
    Druid - x
    Hunter - Beast Lord - Rexxar style beast master dual wield + pet tank
    Mage - Chronomancer - time healer
    Monk - Hopewielder - Chi-Ji ranged dps
    Paladin - Witch Hunter/Inquisitor - uses crossbows/guns/bows, Agility on weapons only converts into spellpower, uses ret style inquisition and holy-empowered shots ranged dps
    Priest - Cleric/Lightbearer - Holy dps spec I suppose.
    Rogue - Field Medic - we have enough leather tanks, i'd like to see a SWtOR operative style medic for a rogue spec, sneaking around the battle field healing allies not with magic but with advanced bandages and stuff
    Shaman - Earthwarder - Earth based tank spec obviously.
    Warlock - Deamon Hunter -No reason why it should be a new class. Duel wield swords/daggers or staves, int converts to attack power, gains no attack power from any other source. Tank or mdps maybe split like pre-mop feral
    Warrior - Assault - I liked the idea of a SWtOR Trooper-style ranged dps spec uses guns/bows/crossbows agi on weapons converts to attack power, uses explosives/bombs/grenades and the likes.

Or, to keep pure specs pure
    Hunter - Beast Lord - Melee dps spec rexxar style
    Mage - Battlemage - melee dps
    Rogue - Ranger - spec uses guns/bows/crossbows, would be perfect, ranger fans can get over 'PETLESS HUNTER SPEC PLZ'
    Warlock - Demon Hunter - melee dps only