Thread: Draven

Draven

So I just read this (was posted today in news):

In Patch 3.5, we changed Draven’s Spinning Axe to lead Draven more accurately when he was benefitting from movement speed increases. Unfortunately, these changes were very disruptive for dedicated Draven players and didn’t offer enough potential for skilled players to showcase their skill through covering long distances between throwing and catching. We decided to revert the change.

Spinning Axe
    Reverted a recent change affecting how Draven was led by Spinning Axe, restoring prior functionality
    Axe drop location will no longer be placed on the far side of impassable terrain from Draven
    What was the previous animation? Just curious to find out if this was a positive or negative change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Icycoldd View Post
    So I just read this (was posted today in news):

What was the previous animation? Just curious to find out if this was a positive or negative change.
    They changed the way that his spinning axes worked in the last patch, and most players felt that it made axes decidedly harder to catch. Since it was effected by movement speed, the faster you were moving the further the axes tended to bounce, sometimes landing at distances that were impossible to get to, or landing far into the enemy team.

There were a few instances that made it better, like if you were chasing someone and caught all your axes and had mana to keep your W up, but other then that it made the axes generally more difficult to catch.

To answer your question, the animation hasn't changed, at least to my knowledge, but this should be viewed as a positive change since it reverts the axes back to their original behavior, while keeping the benefit of not letting them land in terrain.

Great, thanks clarified a lot.