Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    We don't live in China, Why should we bother?
    /throws paper airplane printout over your head.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeleh View Post
    That all depends on if low population servers generate more cash via "forced" payed transfers or retaining subscribers. Right now the company just wants to milk what they have but eventually it will dry up and they will wish they had retained the greater numbers at an earlier stage before they got bored and went elsewhere.
    I've been a stockholder in the company since 2008, I didn't start playing till 2010... the performance of the company isn't going down. Guess what I care more about the game or the company? The company is more than just one game title (Warcraft). I acknowledge your disgust based on an unproven claim. It is my personal opinion that un and ill-informed malcontents such as yourself are more damaging to the game than low population servers.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

That all depends on if low population servers generate more cash via "forced" payed transfers or retaining subscribers. Right now the company just wants to milk what they have but eventually it will dry up and they will wish they had retained the greater numbers at an earlier stage before they got bored and went elsewhere.
    Now THAT'S always something I've wanted to see... how much money they make on Transfers - particularly during the Wintergrasp days back in Wrath.

It still bothers me that they expect YOU to individually pay extra to fix THEIR problem...

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    I've been a stockholder in the company since 2008, I didn't start playing till 2010... the performance of the company isn't going down. Guess what I care more about the game or the company? The company is more than just one game title (Warcraft). I acknowledge your disgust based on an unproven claim. It is my personal opinion that un and ill-informed malcontents such as yourself are more damaging to the game than low population servers.
    uninformed with regards to what? The title is one based on speculation with reference to subscription numbers. Not once have I disputed the companies profitability merely their intentions towards the world of warcraft franchise and the implications this has/is having on the trend of recurring subscriptions.

Warcraft is losing subs yet maintaining profitability, one can only assume the "micro-transactions" with mounts/pets/server transfers are paying off well. In the long term however as subscriber numbers continue to decline, those the company can siphon cash from are going to dwindle away. If the company insists on neglecting it's product with regards to world of warcraft they are just going to decrease it's lifetime and as such it's long term profit from the franchise.

I just don't see why when there is a way to ensure a product stays healthier and more profitable for longer it is not done?
    Last edited by Jeleh; 2013-05-08 at 05:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    quick reminder

May 08, 2013 at 1:30 PM PT Activision Blizzard First Quarter Calendar 2013 Results Conference Call http://investor.activision.com/events.cfm

10+ Year Old Account
    uninformed with regards to what? The title is one based on speculation with regards to subscription numbers. Not once have I disputed the companies profitability merely their intentions towards the world of warcraft franchise and the implications this has/is having on the trend of recurring subscriptions.

Warcraft is losing subs yet maintaining profitability, one can only assume the "micro-transactions" with mounts/pets/server transfers are paying off well. In the long term however as subscriber numbers continue to decline, those the company can siphon cash from are going to dwindle away. If the company insists on neglecting it's product with regards to world of warcraft they are just going to decrease it's lifetime.
    No... the title is quite clear about 'predictions for the Q1 Call' no where in the title does it say subscriptions, or, did I miss it? One title losing subs doesn't mean Blizzard is going to lose money, your statement belies the misconception you hold that you believe Warcraft is the only source of income for Blizzard... however, its not. Neglecting their product? Perhaps you've been oblivious to the speed at which content is being pushed to live... Oh wait, you dont care about that, do you?

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

No... the title is quite clear about 'predictions for the Q1 Call' no where in the title does it say subscriptions, or, did I miss it? One title losing subs doesn't mean Blizzard is going to lose money, your statement belies the misconception you hold that you believe Warcraft is the only source of income for Blizzard... however, its not. Neglecting their product? Perhaps you've been oblivious to the speed at which content is being pushed to live... Oh wait, you dont care about that, do you?
    Will you give it a rest?! You know full well what the main talking point of this thread will be, if you wish to discuss your investment and the financial performance of ATVI might I suggest a forum that is dedicated to stocks and shares rather than spending your time attacking people on a gaming forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got my popcorn, lawnchairs & sunglasses already to watch the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Age of Wushu released... which has completely murdered WoW subscriptions in Asia by now.

Age of Wushu became the world's biggest mmo release with 20 million VIP subscribers in China alone, twice as many subscribers as WoW ever had and still growing. Same game recently released internationally about a month or so ago, but didn't quite catch on in the west as badly as it did in the east.
    Age of Wushu came out on April 10, 2013, these sub numbers are from Jan 1st to March 31st 2013. Any damage wont be seen until Q2 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Q1 Prediction....

WoW will have lost a lot of subscribers in the east because of a smash hit MMO that released there ...
    Is Age of Wishu P2P, B2P or F2P in Asia?, I know its F2P here in NA.

Yet they still lost subs over the first quarter of the expansion during a Christmas period no less. Now the new stuff has worn out, people have done the raids finished the new content and dead servers are still driving people away from the game.

I see nothing which would indicate the subs will stay/rise from where they currently are.
    You do realize these numbers are from Jan 1st - March 31st and they are more likely already outta date by now.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-05-08 at 05:45 PM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Yup - I mean it's like...Chineese subs - so what? I mean - it's not like they're humans with feelings and ideas of their own or are capable of forming their own opinion. Unlike us Westerners and Europeans - who are the only ones who count as real human beings.

(/sarcasm)

PS. If somebody here says "But they have a different subscription pay model!" - I'll print out this post, fold it into a paper airplane, and throw it just over your head....
    The subscription pay model is not that important. The ARPU (Average Revenue Per Unit), on the other hand...

Yeah. The China "subs" are nowhere near as important as western subs. Korean/Taiwan subs, on the other hands, are probably closer.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Will you give it a rest?! You know full well what the main talking point of this thread will be, if you wish to discuss your investment and the financial performance of ATVI might I suggest a forum that is dedicated to stocks and shares rather than spending your time attacking people on a gaming forum.
    Pann, What? you dont like factual inaccuracies challenged, is that it? Or, you dont like having your culture of Blizzard bashing challenged? Which is it? As far as your suggestion, well... nah, I dont need the infraction.

Pann, What? you dont like factual inaccuracies challenged, is that it? Or, you dont like having your culture of Blizzard bashing challenged? Which is it? As far as your suggestion, well... nah, I dont need the infraction.
    See you are attacking people again, to offer an opinion about Blizzard that as positive as you see them is not "Blizzard bashing." Even it that was the case why would you care? Blizzard is a company, it is an inanimate entity, it has no feelings that are going to be hurt you do not need to defend its (metaphorical) honour.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    See you are attacking people again, to offer an opinion about Blizzard that as positive as you see them is not "Blizzard bashing." Even it that was the case why would you care? Blizzard is a company, it is an inanimate entity, it has no feelings that are going to be hurt you do not need to defend its (metaphorical) honour.
    Not defending anyone's honour... challenging inaccurate facts and baseless assumptions.... That said, I've often wondered if you were a shill EA or GW, compensated to cause trouble, or if you just do it out of the goodness of your heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not defending anyone's honour... challenging inaccurate facts and baseless assumptions.... That said, I've often wondered if you were a shill EA or GW, compensated to cause trouble, or if you just do it out of the goodness of your heart.

You do come to the defense of blizzard any time someone says something remotely negative about them. At least you quit humanizing the game saying it was peopls ex girlfriends

I feel like the game is struggling to get any new players at this point. Sub losses always happen, but the lack of sub gains is more of an issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post

Age of Wushu came out on April 10, 2013, these sub numbers are from Jan 1st to March 31st 2013. Any damage wont be seen until Q2 2013.
    Very true that does explain the korea mergers

I predict that those that hate Wow/Blizzard will make a big deal out of even a tiny loss;
    I predict that those that hate Wow/Blizzard will accuse Blizzard of faking the numbers if there is any sub increase;
    I predict that the sun continues to rise in the east;
    I predict that those that enjoy the game will continue to enjoy the game regardless of a sub increase or sub decrease.
    I predect that the fanboys will say that the continued sub-loss trend is no big deal.

I couldn't find a single person in this thread who predicted a gain in subs. Even the most optimistic are just hoping for "holding steady". Whatever the number, it seems lkely to be a decrease from the last one. That can't be good.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

A definite decline.

As one who doesn't believe their sub numbers are totally legit anyway, I'm going to go big and say, 1.2 million lost.

Shoot the MOON!
    Last edited by quras; 2013-05-08 at 06:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    You do come to the defense of blizzard any time someone says something remotely negative about them. At least you quit humanizing the game saying it was peopls ex girlfriends
    if pointing out inaccurate facts or outright lies is 'defending' Blizzard then color me guilty.

Deleted
    We can expect a small decline, especially from multiboxers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    Very true that does explain the korea mergers
    Ya, so any effect Age of Wushu could of put on WoW East (China) will not be shown until prbly August time, even by than anything could change. Final Fantasy 14 ARR releases this summer & could cripple both WoW East (China) & Age of Wushu or WoW East (China) could pick right back up again.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-05-08 at 06:02 PM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.