Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    if pointing out inaccurate facts or outright lies is 'defending' Blizzard then color me guilty.
    I have seen no inaccurate facts or outright lies

Not defending anyone's honour... challenging inaccurate facts and baseless assumptions.... That said, I've often wondered if you were a shill EA or GW, compensated to cause trouble, or if you just do it out of the goodness of your heart.
    Can you not write a post without insulting someone? As I have already pointed out you are posting on a gaming forum if you wish to indulge in debate with those that have a higher level of knowledge and understanding about financial matters you would be better off looking for a site that focuses on such subjects. You were attacking the poster because he said "...insists on neglecting it's product..." which like most things written here is an opinion the argument he presented as to why he had reached this opinion was neither baseless or inaccurate unless you believe that it is possible for a company to maintain profitability when faced with a falling number of customers without their remaining customers paying more.

Interestingly you recently wrote; "Given that I offered an opinion with saying 'I think that the merging of servers would cause more loss of income' then it is in fact an opinion... do you want me to prove that I have an opinion, is that what you are wanting proof of? Or, have you misread what I said and construed it as a claim of fact? " does this only apply yours? Why did you feel the need to attack his opinion?

As I said before there is no reason to attack to anyone here, Blizzard do not care if someone on a forum does not think they are wonderful and equally they do not care that you do.

Do you have anything to add on the subject of subs figures?

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    See you are attacking people again, to offer an opinion about Blizzard that as positive as you see them is not "Blizzard bashing." Even it that was the case why would you care? Blizzard is a company, it is an inanimate entity, it has no feelings that are going to be hurt you do not need to defend its (metaphorical) honour.
    Bashing = unfounded or excessive negative publicity/reviews? and it does hurt companies?

I'd rather have blatant fanboism because I am convinced that humans beings are capable of forming their own opinion after trying a product and at least it only benefits the company on the initial purchase. A.k.a "You should try it at least once."

That being said I find this thread to have an unusual amount of actual personal opinions and reviews that answer the OPs question. My two cents is that WoW is going to be losing some ground despite an awesome xpac, with all SC2 xpac doing awesome =D

Quote Originally Posted by Lefrog View Post
    Bashing = unfounded or excessive negative publicity/reviews? and it does hurt companies?

I'd rather have blatant fanboism because I am convinced that humans beings are capable of forming their own opinion after trying a product and at least it only benefits the company on the initial purchase. A.k.a "You should try it at least once."

That being said I find this thread to have an unusual amount of actual personal opinions and reviews that answer the OPs question. My two cents is that WoW is going to be losing some ground despite an awesome xpac, with all SC2 xpac doing awesome =D
    Rather than dismissing negative publicity and reviews as bashing the first thing any company should do is look to see if there is any substance to the publicity and reviews. Situations where there is no substance and the image of the company is harmed are the reason why liable laws exist.

What I am talking about is the constant attacking of anyone that does not praise Blizzard, ultimately the opinion of anyone on these boards be it positive or negative is not going to cause anyone at Blizzard to lose any sleep.

10+ Year Old Account
    *snip*
    Look, Pann, Sir. You will not bully me out of this thread. Period. If you dont like what I have to say then mute me.

My prediction for the call is as follows. If income goes up you'll say it was because they got it from transfer fees and you'll have a fit.
    if income goes down you'll trumpet it as 'I was right, see, now maybe they'll fire GC and do it my way.

if sub numbers go down, you'll herald it as if income went down.
    if sub numbers go up you'll accuse them of fabricating the numbers.

furthermore, if income ranges from flat to an increase I'll be pleased.

There... those are my predictions.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So we're at t-minus 1.5 hours? I'm assuming the call is 1PM Blizzard time.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Rather than dismissing negative publicity and reviews as bashing the first thing any company should do is look to see if there is any substance to the publicity and reviews. Situations where there is no substance and the image of the company is harmed are the reason why liable laws exist.

What I am talking about is the constant attacking of anyone that does not praise Blizzard, ultimately the opinion of anyone on these boards be it positive or negative is not going to cause anyone at Blizzard to lose any sleep.
    Pretty much what I have noticed seems there is a group of people that think you have to praise Blizzard or GTFO

---------- Post added 2013-05-08 at 11:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    So we're at t-minus 1.5 hours? I'm assuming the call is 1PM Blizzard time.
    the call is at 1:30

---------- Post added 2013-05-08 at 11:21 AM ----------

Look, Pann, Sir. You will not bully me out of this thread. Period. If you dont like what I have to say then mute me.

My prediction for the call is as follows. If income goes up you'll say it was because they got it from transfer fees and you'll have a fit.
    if income goes down you'll trumpet it as 'I was right, see, now maybe they'll fire GC and do it my way.

My predictions are that if subs go down "the group" will down play it and say it does not matter. X million more than any other game! people will be called haters

if subs go up "the group" will tell everyone how great the game is and we are wrong and just haters.

if subs stay the same "the group" will tell everyone how great the game is and we are wrong and just haters.

Funny thing I got infracted for saying fanbois and white knights before but its ok to call people haters.
    Last edited by But I Hate You All; 2013-05-08 at 06:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    I predect that the fanboys will say that the continued sub-loss trend is no big deal.

I couldn't find a single person in this thread who predicted a gain in subs. Even the most optimistic are just hoping for "holding steady". Whatever the number, it seems lkely to be a decrease from the last one. That can't be good.
    I know there will be at least 1 less subscriber as I've handed mine in 2 weeks, the game have undergone changes towards causality and children to such a degree that it's beyond the famous "evolving".
    Anyone who started playing from day one will know what I am talking about

A company that wants to pride itself on delivering class A products, should at bare minimum work for having a thriving community, with all their aforementioned changes they are going in the completely opposite direction.
    The most funny thing of it all is, subs have gone down as have the game play, and community since they started implementing all these "quality of life" and "catch-up" mechanics just to ensure everyone was the same.

The "legacy" if you will that I will be remembering blizzard for when it comes to WoW, is the hack and slash job they managed to pull off.

Quote Originally Posted by Banzhe View Post
    I know there will be at least 1 less subscriber as I've handed mine in 2 weeks, the game have undergone changes towards causality and children to such a degree that it's beyond the famous "evolving".
    The normal mode content is quite challenging, and the heroic raid content is some of the hardest it's ever been. Is this not enough for you? What more do you need to be satisfied?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Let's be honest here. There's the crazies on both sides. There's the fanboys that say nothing bad is Blizz's fault. There's the haters that say nothing good is because of Blizz.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

That is a lot of assumptions.

If income goes up then either sub numbers will have gone up, they are making more money from their existing customers (from value added services, box sales, etc) or a combination of both.

I have never asked for Ghostcrawler to fired nor do I think he should be.

If sub numbers down it likely that income will also go down.

If they go up they go up, I have never once accused them of fabricating the numbers and quite frankly that is a ridiculous claim.

So nothing about the sub numbers, then? And four out of five of your predictions are personal attacks... brilliant.

I predict a gain or loss that makes people overreact about the state of the game, even though it makes little to no difference really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    *snip*
    regardless of the results of the call life will go on for the investors, the sun will rise in the east, and those that like the game will continue to log in... Effectively nothing will change based on the results of the call. As far as your infractions, I suspect there is more to it than that.

If subs or income go I wont be one of those that says the game is great/fill in your own adjective... I'll just say that the actual numbers don't match the predictions and I'll leave it at that... and then I'll call my broker and ask how much we've made.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

I predict that those that hate Wow/Blizzard will make a big deal out of even a tiny loss;
    I predict that those that hate Wow/Blizzard will accuse Blizzard of faking the numbers if there is any sub increase;
    I predict that the sun continues to rise in the east;
    I predict that those that enjoy the game will continue to enjoy the game regardless of a sub increase or sub decrease.
    Well-said, friend. I think this is pretty much spot-on, given the trends around here.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is a lot of assumptions.

If income goes up then either sub numbers will have gone up, they are making more money from their existing customers (from value added services, box sales, etc) or a combination of both.

I have never asked for Ghostcrawler to fired nor do I think he should be.

If sub numbers down it likely that income will also go down.

If they go up they go up, I have never once accused them of fabricating the numbers and quite frankly that is a ridiculous claim.

So nothing about the sub numbers, then? And four out of five of your predictions are personal attacks... brilliant.
    trying to invent numbers has never been my forte'... I'll leave that to the doomsayers... Like I said, dont like what I have to say, dont read it. You encourage confrontation. Dont want to be confronted, perhaps you should reconsider what you are saying that you are being confronted on.
    Last edited by Seranthor; 2013-05-08 at 06:38 PM.

Deleted
    ALOT down since alot of servers seems half full.

trying to invent numbers has never been my forte'... I'll leave that to the doomsayers... Like I said, dont like what I have to say, dont read it.
    Whilst you might not be able to accurately predict the actual sub numbers surely you must have an idea if they have increased, decreased or remained stable? I would have thought that being an investor, which I think you might have mentioned in passing, that you would be interested in the sub numbers as they account for largest part of WOW's income and in turn a large part of ATVI's income and thus their profitability.
    Last edited by Pann; 2013-05-08 at 06:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whilst you might not be able to accurately predict the actual sub numbers surely you must have an idea if they have increased, decreased or remained stable? I would have thought that being an investor, which I'm think you might have mentioned in passing, that you would be interested in the sub numbers as they account for largest part of WOW's income and in turn a large part of ATVI's income and thus their profitability.
    There are many titles in ATVI/Blizzard's Portfolio... outside of MMOs. Go see Skylanders and Call of Duty.

There are many titles in ATVI/Blizzard's Portfolio... outside of MMOs. Go see Skylanders and Call of Duty.
    COD 4 sold less copies than COD 3, COD Elite subscription alienated a lot of DLC customers to such a point that they now offer all Elite services for free. Skylanders is absolutely fantastic but like all products aimed that age range runs the risk of losing popularity over night to their credit ATVI are doing an amazing job of maximising their income from it.

10+ Year Old Account
    COD 4 sold less copies than COD 3, COD Elite subscription alienated a lot of DLC customers to such a point that they now offer all Elite services for free. Skylanders is absolutely fantastic but like all products aimed that age range runs the risk of losing popularity over night to their credit ATVI are doing an amazing job of maximising their income from it.
    Now, lets see what the investor call has to say...