Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    he retires because he's old and tired of fighting, thus becoming the first WoW hero to retire from service
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

I think he'd make an excellent balloon vendor. I mean if they can take the great auctioneer Wabang and turn him into some grunt guarding a door then screw Turalyon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    [*]Broxigar (His death is not so clear; could have been imprisoned by Sargeras)
    not clear? he was impaled with sargeras half-sword, knaak was pretty descriptive when he was describing broxigars death =P
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Deleted
    Don't get me started! Turalyon is my hero.

If I were to write a book about his return, it would begin:

Violent gusts of spring-wind howled through the crevices of the mountainous valley; scented, like every spring, of sweet Silverleaf and the unmistakable oak. The prince watched from a distance as the colours of Stormwind unfurled atop its spires, twisting and billowing to the eerie melody whence the city had derived its name. Its golden lion glistened in the sun and looked menacingly over the valley, as if to thwart any further attacks on the city. The sight strenghtened his resolve.

His people would rise again; his people had to rise again.

If I were to design the next Burning Legion-themed expansion, I would have the legion invade Azeroth and besiege all major cities right in the turmoil of the Alliance and Horde trying to re-build what Garrosh laid waste to in MoP. This would be the pre-expansion event.

Shortly after, Turalyon returns with Alleria and a small army of veterans that he brought with him and recruited along his way through the Twisting Nether. He's been looking for a way home ever since he learned of the Legion's plans from a Dreadlord. But the agents of Sargeras thwarted his attempts to find his way back home.

However, a pillar or light shone bright and clear throughout the worlds, guiding him home. This pillar is metaphorical, and it is Anduin Wrynn.

So Turalyon arrives and immediately begins the effort to re-claim Stormwind. Alleria, while not fond of the Horde, seeks out her blood elven kin. Because she haven't had the chance to get a feel for what they have become yet, being lost in the Twisting Nether and all, she decides to aid them. So Alleria leads the effort to liberate Orgrimmar from the Burning Legion. Think of it as a temporary alliance against a common and immediate enemy. In doing so, she hopes to be able to sort out what's happened in Quel'Thalas and Lordaeron.

The players then aid these two resistance movements throughout a patch, and ultimately liberate the capital cities of Azeroth from the legion's grip.

Come the next patch, we open portals and take the fight to them!
    Last edited by mmocf747bdc2eb; 2013-04-28 at 01:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously I would have Turalyon Come through the Dark Portal and start to get all uppity with the Horde, basically this would end with Saurfang cutting him down, not because "lulzcleavejokes" but it WOULD be Hilarious to Have Lothar fall to Doomhammer, and Lothar's Second in Command fall to Doomhammer's Second in Command. Plus could you imagine the Alliance tears on the official forums? This is like the one thing they have been holding out for since Pre-BC. It would be more entertaining than reading the mage forums after they get tweaked out of god-mode.

Actually that's a horrid idea. The Alliance will raid Blizzard HQ IRL.

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Maybe Turalyon could do Varian's job properly, I'm pretty sure Turalyon hates the horde.
    Not really. He hated the demon corrupted horde, I think he'd be able to tell the difference between today's horde and the horde he fought. Even in Beyond the Dark Portal, there was a brief scene where he spoke to a child who asked if he'd get to kill orcs when he grew up, and he deliberately answered in a way as not to inspire hate. Not to mention that despite initially claiming he would slaughter the orcs at blackrock spire, he eventually changed his mind and had them imprisoned instead.

Now, he may not like the Horde. He may fight against the new Horde. But I really doubt he's going to be super aggressive towards it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anduin is for sure the one alliance hero I respect as a big Horde fan. The fucker is probably the most badass character in the entire Wow universe. A battle with Saurfang would be LEGENDARY. I see some sportsmanship going on between the two midfight, for sure! Something like respecting eachother for both being GODLIKE and maybe even stop fighting so they don't blow Azeroth up with their epicness.

We need Turalyon back so Alliance can have their share of awesomeness. The Horde is always getting the cool guys. I mean, Varian is a big pussy, Jaina is going insane and most alliance leaders don't even exist lorewise. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sonridor View Post
    Anduin is for sure the one alliance hero I respect as a big Horde fan. The fucker is probably the most badass character in the entire Wow universe. A battle with Saurfang would be LEGENDARY. I see some sportsmanship going on between the two midfight, for sure! Something like respecting eachother for both being GODLIKE and maybe even stop fighting so they don't blow Azeroth up with their epicness.

We need Turalyon back so Alliance can have their share of awesomeness. The Horde is always getting the cool guys. I mean, Varian is a big pussy, Jaina is going insane and most alliance leaders don't even exist lorewise. lol
    Jaina's not going crazy. Alliance side 5.2 shows her chilling out after Lor'themar hints he plans to move against Garrosh.

Varian a pussy? Yeah, he's not a bipolar raging lunatic anymore but a pussy? Where did that come from?

Honestly, I don't think the Alliance needs ANOTHER big human leader, so for once I actually wouldn't mind if Turalyon went neutral if it leaves room to give non humans in the alliance a chance to shine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Octavius View Post
    Thura! Thura! Thura! She has saurfang blood. She wields the axe of cenarius. She MUST be important for the horde!
    Certainly, she should have some prominence. Maybe for the next expansion the Horde should get an equivalent team to the Sons of Lothar for the purpose of fighting the Burning Legion in Outland.

From my point of view, that alleged team would be formed by: Rokhan, Rexxar, Thura, Tagar the Tauren and Halduron Brightwing

Quote Originally Posted by Jawless Jones View Post
    not clear? he was impaled with sargeras half-sword, knaak was pretty descriptive when he was describing broxigars death =P
    Maybe it was a dirty trick, a sham. Sargeras saw that Broxigar could be very useful for his future plans but for which his friends and allies should think he had died, in short, Sargeras set up a kind of magical mirage and kidnapped Broxigar.

Surely the appearance of Broxigar on the next expansion would be quite a surprise...

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    If I were to write a book about his return, it would begin:

Violent gusts of spring-wind howled through the crevices of the mountainous valley; scented, like every spring, of sweet Silverleaf and the unmistakable oak. The prince watched from a distance as the colours of Stormwind unfurled atop its spires, twisting and billowing to the eerie melody whence the city had derived its name. Its golden lion glistened in the sun and looked menacingly over the valley, as if to thwart any further attacks on the city. The sight strenghtened his resolve.

His people would rise again; his people had to rise again.

I'd buy your book immediately!

Deleted

I'd buy your book immediately!

Thank you!

I did write a full short story once, but it was never any good in the end. Too many essay deadlines to keep in mind simultaneously.

I might write a new short story sometime, though.

Deleted
    I have a question.

If he comes back, does he still retain the rank of Supreme Allied Commander?

If so, he cannot be neutral, as he is part of the Alliance military.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostwood View Post
    I have a question.

If he comes back, does he still retain the rank of Supreme Allied Commander?

If so, he cannot be neutral, as he is part of the Alliance military.
    uhmm Supreme Allied Commander isn't equivalent to High King??

Deleted
    uhmm Supreme Allied Commander isn't equivalent to High King??
    I'm not sure that I understand.. Are you asking me? One is a military rank and the other is a political title.

Edit: I know Blizzard still hasn't explained that properly. Does Varian hold both titles, or just one?
    Last edited by mmoc25e5b9266c; 2013-04-28 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    The issue is, how do we convince the Horde to fight with the lore-heroes of the Alliance? That's what my post was getting at.
    Well the Alliance wasn't convinced, they were just plopped down to fight with the lore-heroes of the Horde for Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria. I don't see why the Horde couldn't do the same for this round. They were kinda sort somewhat loosely fighting with a once-in-the-past Alliance character who was never an Alliance hero in Wrath.

---------- Post added 2013-04-28 at 04:22 PM ----------

I'm not sure that I understand.. Are you asking me? One is a military rank and the other is a political title.
    High King isn't a political title. Blizzard has repeatedly said it marks Varian as the leader of the Alliance forces in war.

Basically they screwed up everything about Varian's storyline in MoP where it seemed like they had the easiest pitch for a home run served on a freakin' silver platter. (Okay, not EVERYTHING, but the general discontent in the forums seems clear minor changes would have yielded greatly more positive response)

No clue why they ignored the numerous threads that discussed and questioned why High King and not Supreme Commander for the title. Varian respects and looks up to Anduin Lothar. Can we not see the symbolism that would be there if, after Varian completed the trials with each race where he aids them and LEARNS from his allies, there were a gathering of leaders who NAMED HIM Supreme Commander for a unified military force?

You'd have each race actually involved in the story
    You'd have Varian showing humility by offering his service to them
    You'd have Varian learning from each race so he better understands how to coordinate them into a single fighting unit
    And you'd have the Alliance leaders making the decision to name Varian Supreme Commander rather than him just being High King out of nowhere. And he could acknowledge the responsibility that comes with that title, living up to Anduin Lothar and Turalyon before him.

Seriously, I'm dumbfounded how Blizz didn't make use of any of those opportunities with the Trials of the High King concept.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2013-04-28 at 04:23 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post

High King isn't a political title. Blizzard has repeatedly said it marks Varian as the leader of the Alliance forces in war.

Basically they screwed up everything about Varian's storyline in MoP where it seemed like they had the easiest pitch for a home run served on a freakin' silver platter. (Okay, not EVERYTHING, but the general discontent in the forums seems clear minor changes would have yielded greatly more positive response)

No clue why they ignored the numerous threads that discussed and questioned why High King and not Supreme Commander for the title. Varian respects and looks up to Anduin Lothar. Can we not see the symbolism that would be there if, after Varian completed the trials with each race where he aids them and LEARNS from his allies, there were a gathering of leaders who NAMED HIM Supreme Commander for a unified military force?
    You're correct. That is indeed what Blizzard has said. All I'm saying is that they are wrong in calling him a 'High King', seeing as that truly is a political title. As they describe him as a military commander, his title should be a military rank (such as 'Supreme Allied Commander').
    Last edited by mmoc25e5b9266c; 2013-04-28 at 04:44 PM.

Not sure I actually did detail what I'd do.

I'd have Turalyon return with a group of draenei vindicators and justicars from wherever the next expansion is going to take place. We never found them on Outland, so I think it's safe to say they did not remain on that world. Turalyon's first shock would be the fact that the Alliance no longers has an order of paladins and he'd be the one to reform the Knights of the Silver Hand. His focus was on the demons that corrupted the orcs, so for the expansion, he would be the human leader for forces against the Burning Legion. Varian, if he took part in the expansion, would even defer to Turalyon's experience.

Seriously, the paladin was the Alliance's trademark, but there's pretty much nothing left of them for the Alliance. The Horde have lore for Sunwalkers and Blood Knights, but since Classic, the Alliance has pretty much zilch paladin lore. OUR defining feature has more Horde based lore at this point. The main reason is most of ours was shuffled into the Argent Dawn and then into Argent Crusade.

I'd have Alleria the focal point of bringing Tyrande/Malfurion and possibly Shandris into the spotlight. Remember, she doesn't know what a night elf is. She's never seen one. Learning about their battle with the Legion 10,000 years ago, their knowledge of the demons, and the Battle at Hyjal, I'd expect Alleria would want their experience.

And, yes, I'd use Alleria as the neutral go-between for Alliance/Horde in a Legion themed expansion. She can have developed some sympathy for the orcs after seeing more of the Legion's affects wherever she and Turalyon have been so she can have tempered her hatred for them. But her primary point of contact would be Lor'themar and he can draw the Horde into it. I imagine Alleria wouldn't be too keen on working with Vol'jin considering the high elves' history with trolls has been quite violent and, again, she has no knowledge of anything past the Second War. Trolls were part of the Horde by desire for violence as far as she's concerned. They weren't demon tainted.

And, of course, Alleria can be sickened by what's happened to Sylvanas. A Windrunner family reunion is certainly in order for the three sisters.

For a Legion themed expansion, I'd have the draenei at the forefront. They need exposure and lore badly. The night elves can get their teeth back and have some of their savagery returned in battle against the Legion alongside Alleria. And Turalyon would be the leader for the human forces in this excursion with Velen as the advisor.

Now, of course, what about Anduin? When Velen's vision said Anduin would be the leader of the Army of Light, it could be from a decision and strategy standpoint rather than the front lines. I think if we bring Turalyon back, the Alliance players would be likely to rally behind him more than Anduin at this point, so I wouldn't keep Anduin out of the story, but I wouldn't keep him tightly woven into every aspect of it.

That does leave the worgen, dwarves, and gnomes with a little less focus this go 'round, but none of them seem, to me, specifically suited for a lot of heavy development with a Legion theme. And the pandaren, sadly, aren't likely going to see much development going forward on either side, I suspect.

---------- Post added 2013-04-28 at 04:38 PM ----------

You're correct. That is indeed what Blizzard has said. All I'm saying is that they are wrong in calling him a 'High King', seeing as that truly is a political title. As they describe him as a military commander, his title should be a military rank (such as 'Supreme Allied Commander').
    Yep, my sentiments exactly.

Perhaps Alleria learned to control her lust for magic and not contaminate herself with fel magic, as the others High Elves of the Alliance have done.
    Even if she suppresses her hunger for arcane energy, she will be tainted like any elf if fel magic is around her. The only reason high elves were not affected is because they left Quel'thalas before it was rebuild, if they had remained there their eye color would have changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having suggestions on how to handle the lore is one thing, this happens all the time, and people come out with any number of random suggestions, making all ideas convoluted.

This is why if the fans had any creative control of the story, this would be wow.

#boycottchina

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Even if she suppresses her hunger for arcane energy, she will be tainted like any elf if fel magic is around her. The only reason high elves were not affected is because they left Quel'thalas before it was rebuild, if they had remained there their eye color would have changed.
    Alleria's own high elf forces at Allerian Stronghold seem to do fine. They too are surrounded by fel magic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Turalyon, being a living thing, would just be one of the two options already mentioned
    No, what the Sin'Dorei do is KILL any life that contains magic to siphon its energies to satiate themselves.

What the Quel'Dorei do is siphon magic from inanimate objects, refusing to kill life to satiate their own addiction.

What Alleria would be doing is draining Turalyon's energies like a leech in effect, only enough to keep her alive, and not too much that it would kill him.

Large difference from killing your host and leaving it alive for snacking later.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol