Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question anyone think the next xpac will be devoid of a new class/race?

im pretty sure since 2 xpacs in a row, that we wont get a new race. and im about 100% sure we wont see a new class since those take forever and a day to balance out and work out all the kinks.

so im assuming that the next xpac will just be a straight "go level to 95" xpac. which is fine. if the questing is on par with MoP, then it shouldnt be too terrible of a grindfest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by randomone05 View Post
    im pretty sure since 2 xpacs in a row, that we wont get a new race. and im about 100% sure we wont see a new class since those take forever and a day to balance out and work out all the kinks.

so im assuming that the next xpac will just be a straight "go level to 95" xpac. which is fine. if the questing is on par with MoP, then it shouldnt be too terrible of a grindfest.
    Without a new race or new class, it would be a very low selling expansion. WoW players have come expect either a new race or a new class with each new expansion.

Deleted
    As long as they make leveling the new class easy like with the monks' daily buff, I don't mind a new one. Oh, and a 12th character slot of course.

Either a fourth spec to every class or a new class is what i think.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

Deleted
    The more wow lives the more it loosses players the most devs will add lot of features to avoid more lost

A new xpac has to add lots of new gameplays

Many people have already siad that they'd prefer the new models over new race/class.

Its entirely possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping they'll make it so more classes can be played by more races.
    GNOME HUNTER PLEASE!! That would be a pretty big selling point to an
    expack. It probably won't happen but one can dream!
    And eight, eight, I forget what eight was for

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by S Blieft View Post
    I'm hoping they'll make it so more classes can be played by more races.
    GNOME HUNTER PLEASE!! That would be a pretty big selling point to an
    expack. It probably won't happen but one can dream!
    I don't see the issue with Gnome Hunter, makes more sense than Gnome Warrior. Also I love to imagine the idea of a Gnome trying to tame a big Wolf, to then be eaten. =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
    Many people have already siad that they'd prefer the new models over new race/class.

Its entirely possible.
    Have we taken a poll on that? I seriously doubt most people would prefer a feature announced before MoP was released over something brand new and unannounced.

Could you imagine Blizzcon?

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard
    WoW 6.0's new feature is......

New Character Models we announced in 2011!
    There was a poll that had people voting on new Character models and 4th spec over a New Race and New class, and the former won by a pretty large margin.

4th spec as a feature of the next expansion is gaining a lot of momentum.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2013-04-27 at 03:35 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post

Its entirely possible.
    I would definitely prefer updated models over a new race. At the same time, if it's a burning legion expansion and Illidan returns, I would very much like to see Demon Hunters introduced too.

---------- Post added 2013-04-27 at 05:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    A fourth spec to all current classes (except Druid because they already have four) would mean 10 new specializations, that's like three new classes... It's very well possible that Blizzard will add more fourth specializations to our current classes, but I believe it's far more likely to see them only take one or two at a time.

Deleted
    Should the next expansion be about the Burning Legion, I think the chances of there not being a Demon Hunter hero class are slim.

Deleted
    I can't see a new race/class coming anytime soon, my guess is either fourth spec and/or new models for vanilla & tbc races.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Should the next expansion be about the Burning Legion, I think the chances of there not being a Demon Hunter hero class are slim.
    Demon Hunters should not be a hero class... No more hero classes please, it was more than enough with Death Knights. All future classes should be introduced the same way Monks were, meaning at level 1 with the same start zones as everyone else.

I personally hope they never update the models, instead devoting all those resources to new features.

OT if the game has enough new features not adding a class or race would be fine, but for me at least they'd need to add a new zone at least as diverse and overloaded with quests as Outlands was. I want to level at least 2 characters on the same faction without having to repeat quests. I don't hold out much hope for that though . . . I have this sinking feeling that were going to end up with a bunch of new scenarios and little else

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    4th spec would be even harder to create than another class I reckon. Seeing there are 11 classes = 11 new specs opposed to 3 new specs (a class).

Something I'd hope for are new ways of customization, and I'm pretty sure there will be new models by then aswell. I think that's what they're going for next expac: New models and more customizations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I agree, we won't see more than to lvl 95 next xpac for new newness other than new idea's in the game. Class/Race etc won't change next xpac.

4th spec wont happen at least for an expansion, the game has proven that balancing with new classes is extremely hard and leads to failure, yet we keep seeing those, so i can say 100% they will fuck up the balance no matter what they do.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd much prefer a new spec for each class, would involve a crap load of balancing though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Without a new race or new class, it would be a very low selling expansion. WoW players have come expect either a new race or a new class with each new expansion.
    I don't expect a new class or race, in fact it haven't made any difference what so ever to me when they brought out a new class / race (Been playing 8 years now)
    The only thing that counts in my eyes, is A) Is the raids interesting at first sight (Stopped doing the ptr mill after Pandaria launch), and B) Is there more to the expansion then sitting in some capitol hitting a button where all you do is hit auto-run and get rewarded at the end.

I did make a Death Knight as the first "new" class to me at the end of Catastrophylysm, I don't have any other "new breed" that was brought into game, and I don't expect I will, as the leveling process from 1 > 90+ is so derived of any sense of adventure / journey / immersion / character progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Ogres, as soon as they find the formula to make Ogre women look like.., well, women
    Last edited by Banzhe; 2013-04-27 at 03:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    4th spec wont happen at least for an expansion, the game has proven that balancing with new classes is extremely hard and leads to failure, yet we keep seeing those, so i can say 100% they will fuck up the balance no matter what they do.
    You should consider the general direction that Blizzard has been moving since MoP;

1. They split the Druid class into 4 specs, and that split has worked very well within the current class design.
    2. Warlocks essentially have 4 specs. Their fourth spec is tied to a glyph currently, and its one of the most popular aspects of the class right now.
    3. Blizzard is toying with the idea of allowing people to use 3 specs without having to switch specialization.
    4. We got a race and a class in MoP. Many people are assuming that Blizzard doesn't want to introduce a new class or race so soon. This thread is one such example.
    5. 4th specs aren't dependent on expansion theme.
    6. 4th specs reinvigorate the older classes in the game just like model upgrades reinvigorate older races.

I'm not saying that 4th spec is a sure thing. However, I'd be lying if I said that it didn't make sense for Blizzard to go that route for the next expansion.