Levelling archaeology?

Hi,

Is there any tricks to level archaeology as quickly as possible? Or is it just 'Go to Dig Site, Dig, move on when empty'?

I never levelled arch during Cata as I found I'd try it for 10 mins, then go and do something less boring instead. So, now I'm trying to level archaeology up from a fairly low level. I'm at 150 now. Is there anything I can do to do it quicker?

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's grindy but since MoP came out, it's a little less grindy.

But it's still incredibly boring and can't really be power-leveled.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Deleted
    All I can say is : good luck ...

I know there are add ons that can make it the survey a bit easier, you have a lot of patience levelling archaeology, i find it to be the most boring and annoying profession to level.

---------- Post added 2013-04-27 at 03:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rustweaver View Post
    It's grindy but since MoP came out, it's a little less grindy.

But it's still incredibly boring and can't really be power-leveled.
    good point, the only archaeology mode is hard mode

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardley View Post
    Is there anything I can do to do it quicker?
    Exept buying faster mount skill, not much you can do. It is like real archeology , its long and boring and dull and dreadful and most of the times you get vendorable junk, enjoy. xD

Deleted
    Archaeology is a joke these days, however if you want to speed it up you should buy a bunch of those keystones (I think they are called that) from the auction house. Every stone equals about 12 fragments on solves where you can use them on.
    Last edited by mmoc973e6c390d; 2013-04-27 at 05:08 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    Exept buying faster mount skill, not much you can do. It is like real archeology , its long and boring and dull and dreadful and most of the times you get vendorable junk, enjoy. xD
    They should have made the process of leveling archaeology based on indiana jones movies.

Deleted
    I actually it fun, even if I just get junk all the time.

Deleted
    Be a dwarf. It helps. Really, I find it very easy to level up now. Each artifact grants you 5 skills and each fragment found increases your skill by 1 and there's so many at every site now that it's fairly easy to reach max skill. A flying mount also helps quite a lot.

It's always been a real pain to do, though Mists made it slightly less annoying. No shortcuts I know of.

Mages have more mobility options to port to far away digsites. If you aren't a mage, the Cata portals in SW or Org can help.

Alchemists can try to get the Cata mount.

I really don't see the point to do this on more than one toon though.
    Last edited by Amaxe; 2013-04-27 at 05:26 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    it is majorly easier to level now since every dig site gives you 9 skill ups and more if you solve an artifact. Pandaria only gives 6 per dig site, but it still means less than 80 total dig sites to get capped.

I did it the hard way back in Cata, all my toons (10 lvl 85's) had max arch while looking for that damn sword that I got after MoP made arch easier with the fragment turn-ins in the Vale

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaxe View Post
    I really don't see the point to do this on more than one toon though.
    One thing you could do, if you are willing to level up arch on more toons , is try to get that crawling pet from tol'vir via mantid arch and then getting tol vir fragments. I've sold 2 of those pets so far for 15k each altho it would suck if you got a second Sceptar ( like me) and you had to delete it since you already know it.

B.E.R.T.H.A. yells: AFFIRMATIVE, CUPCAKE!

At max level it is fairly quick and easy to level. For me it took about 3-4 hours to get it from 1-600, with a few stops for pet battles every now and then. As for tips, I would suggest going to Outland when it is available, as I found it to be rather quick there with not too much travel between the digsites.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardley View Post
    Hi,

Is there any tricks to level archaeology as quickly as possible? Or is it just 'Go to Dig Site, Dig, move on when empty'?

I never levelled arch during Cata as I found I'd try it for 10 mins, then go and do something less boring instead. So, now I'm trying to level archaeology up from a fairly low level. I'm at 150 now. Is there anything I can do to do it quicker?
    One thing that could help is buying keystones/having friends get them for you via crates.