Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

So, another LFR post!

Sorry but i had to make one after the latest LFR runs.

Since when being AFK, or pretending to be active by pressing 1 button, or just running around became so acceptable and proper thing to do in LFR?

Yesterday and today pretty much out of the 4 ToT runs on the 3 i had to argue with people defending AFKers, i mean clear AFKers with the tag right there, not even being there when you try to kick them and you get these responses from OTHER PEOPLE, NOT EVEN THEM:

"Its his right, he pays like you", "Its only LFR we can manage" "Fuck you elitist scum".

It baffles me how people can actually defend people like that.

On Durumu as example we had 2 DPS doing ~19k dps, clearly auto-attacking while they died from lingering under them a minute after.. and 2 healers with 0 healing, with AFK tags, after i started kicking them all (When you are a tank people listen), i had 2 people that started yelling that i am an elitist scum and its not my right to kick them..Of course they got kicked also instantly since after checking they were both half afk, one at ~40k dps with 500 ilvl and the other one with ~5k HPS.

And this happened again , many many times during the last 2 weeks that i resubbed, not only yesterday..At Lei Shen as example we had 4 AFK healers, 4 out of 6 simply put follow on someone else and disappeared, of course we wiped cause of lack of healing slowly and at the first discharge phase but dear god, even then when i started kicking them someone started whining that kicking people is bad, then you check "Hunter --20k dps" auto-attacker he is gone too.

I mean the actual AFKers dont even bother answering back..they just rush to pull something to get in combat when they realize they were discovered but i dont understand why others defend them.

Those 2 cases that i remember where obviously the same type of people defending their comrades but there are cases where active people defend afkers and they arent even from the same guild/server etc to think they are "Friends" or guildies.

This mentality is freaking amazing.

Deleted
    I find it's pretty easy to AFK as a DPS. I just auto attack while playing DotA with a /follow macro!

Warning; No need to make a post like that. (Sonnillon)
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2013-04-28 at 12:07 PM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Taking to people in LFR is like putting your hand in a box of sharp needles. Don't do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am a very competitive person and always want to be on top dps.....for me personally it just makes more fun to know the tactics and to execute them correctly. I have absolutely no respect for people who leech raidfinder.

The best thing you can do is uninstall recount; of course you can't identify afkers anymore but on the other side you won't get angry.
    In German we have a saying which is like "what I don't know doesn't bother me".

The one true thing they have to change is loot chances based on participation....the better you are/the more active the higher the chance you will get loot. If you afk you have 0% chance of getting loot.

eh.

I frankly care about how well I play, and whether the boss dies. If that happens, I really don't care what other people do. If there's a wipe or 2, those who haven't contributed tend to get kicked, and the problem goes away.

You're always going to have folks who want to be carried, whether it's pug creators with stupid high ilvl and exp requirements, or folks in leveling dungeons, or random bg's.

Deleted
    Leave, basically that

Deleted
    Don't you dare mention it or people will kick you for complaining or "crying" or "whining".
    Don't you dare wait outside the raid for that second tank to join because as soon as Aarthásdk the Blood Elf Frost DK pulls the boss and the raid wipes, you'll be getting kicked because you wouldn't "get in the raid and stop afking outside."

If we wipe like a bunch of jackasses, I do sort of mind it when people AFK in the raid. If we don't wipe, I don't give a flying fuck what ANYONE was doing, because it worked.

But what I really mind is people who take it upon themselves to be "Leader of the Raid," like OP.

OP needs to understand that there is a time and place for whipping everyone into shape, and LFR is almost always never that place. It's not the people who are slacking who are pissed off when someone starts posting recounts and calling out players. It's the REST OF US who are just trying to have a relaxing, drama-free LFR who hate you fuckers who start picking out the "slackers" and "AFKers" and whatnot and invariably PICK THE WRONG PEOPLE (because you can't read recount because you're so excited to be able to single out underperformers that you forget you're a nearsighted dyslexic idiot who has to read a column twice).

Honestly if OP wants to bring that attitude to LFR I would prefer he played a different MMO instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HardCoder View Post
    If we wipe like a bunch of jackasses, I do sort of mind it when people AFK in the raid. If we don't wipe, I don't give a flying fuck what ANYONE was doing, because it worked.

But what I really mind is people who take it upon themselves to be "Leader of the Raid," like OP.

OP needs to understand that there is a time and place for whipping everyone into shape, and LFR is almost always never that place. It's not the people who are slacking who are pissed off when someone starts posting recounts and calling out players. It's the REST OF US who are just trying to have a relaxing, drama-free LFR who hate you fuckers who start picking out the "slackers" and "AFKers" and whatnot and invariably PICK THE WRONG PEOPLE (because you can't read recount because you're so excited to be able to single out underperformers that you forget you're a nearsighted dyslexic idiot who has to read a column twice).

Honestly if OP wants to bring that attitude to LFR I would prefer he played a different MMO instead.
    He speaks the truth. We booted some elitist scum that kept qq'ing about everyone and everything the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    He speaks the truth. We booted some elitist scum that kept qq'ing about everyone and everything the other day.
    You get the same loot whether it was a bunch of stoners or the kids from the short bus or a room full of obsessed Koreans, as long as the boss dies. When the boss didn't die, I am okay with booting a few AFKers and devoting a couple of lines of /raid to educating everyone else. When the boss did die, as far as I'm concerned, in LFR, everyone's a fucking genius.

Why can't we all be happy like that?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not that I care about what other people do with their time, I've been noticing a lot more individuals afking lately. Not sure if they're using a bot to get the chance at gear or there for the Bag of Wonders, and you don't have to actively click Need or Greed for loot.

Quote Originally Posted by HardCoder View Post

If LFR's aren't going well, there does need to be a reasonable person that speaks up and takes charge of things. HOW that's done, of course, will determine your success in the venture, but nevertheless it needs to happen. But I do agree, posting recount and 'player died to ______' isn't always that helpful.

In semi-related news, I was part of a VERY humorous ToT LFR this evening:

We get to the Lei Shen trash, and the very first pull is a near insta-wipe. A few folks leave.
    Regroup, chat about the few things to look out for, and we get through the first pack, and it's onto the stairs. Second pair of trash gets pulled, and it's another near insta-wipe. A few more leave.

At this point, a few folks decide that it's a better idea to try to run past them, and hit the pad and hope for the best. Which works for some folks, not so well for others (feign ftw). We wind up with about 18 people on the LS platform in the middle, and the rest of the poor stranded souls getting nearly 1-shot as they try to get past the two trash mobs.

Over.
    And over.
    And over.

Those folks eventually leave, just to be replaced by more folks who die to the trash, and leave. Again. Chat rage is in full swing at this point, so I drop a toy trainset in the LS platform for additional giggles (a very effective stunt when folks instinctively don't want to move all that far, and apparently no one has a smasher). Someone spoils the party by pulling LS, which should get everyone on the same page.... and it does, except for the newly arrived tank that runs past the trash, and starts the same chain of events over again. Another LS pull ensues, the new tank dies, rages, and leaves.

This entire episode went on for well over 30 minutes, no exaggeration. I would have stuck around to see how far it'd go, but it was simply getting too late, and so I logged off.

TL;DR I probably won't be doing Lei Shen this week.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not that I care about what other people do with their time, I've been noticing a lot more individuals afking lately. Not sure if they're using a bot to get the chance at gear or there for the Bag of Wonders, and you don't have to actively click Need or Greed for loot. Otherwise, no one should be pulling 19K (example), unless they're lagging really bad. /shrug

If I leave my hunter auto attacking as BM I end up with 40-50k dps. Not that I would ever do that of course..

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    If LFR's aren't going well, there does need to be a reasonable person that speaks up and takes charge of things. HOW that's done, of course, will determine your success in the venture, but nevertheless it needs to happen. But I do agree, posting recount and 'player died to ______' isn't always that helpful.
    Oh I do really appreciate when a tank joins and matter of factly posts a couple of lines of "how to" and does a ready check and pulls the boss. That is the ideal thing for a new LFR boss.

I'm just not into the finger-pointing at "people who aren't as awesome as me" because for one thing it's irritating and for another, the people who do it are often wrong, or are lying and deliberately trolling.

LFR can be enjoyable and so far in MoP it has been better than it was in Cata. People need to understand that what you go to LFR for is a relaxed but successful experience, and a lack of drama.

---------- Post added 2013-04-27 at 11:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    If I leave my hunter auto attacking as BM I end up with 40-50k dps. Not that I would ever do that of course..
    Just be happy you picked that spec, and didn't pull too much extra trash.

Since when was it acceptable? Since the inception of LFR........................

Yeah, LFR was tuned so that even the baddiest of bads can get through it i.e you can do it with half your DPS team doing autoattacks.
    Blizzard knows how small the IQ level is of the typical LFR enthusiast.

I can see why you would complain, afterall you're trying to get loot as fast as possible and these guys are slowing you down! You have a life to get to!

Trolling aside, it doesn't matter. LFR was designed around AFKers but you'll still get through it just fine. You reap what you sow.

Quote Originally Posted by HeedmySpeed View Post
    Since when was it acceptable? Since the inception of LFR........................

Yeah, LFR was tuned so that even the baddiest of bads can get through it i.e you can do it with half your DPS team doing autoattacks.
    Blizzard knows how small the IQ level is of the typical LFR enthusiast.

I can see why you would complain, afterall you're trying to get loot as fast as possible and these guys are slowing you down! You have a life to get to!

Trolling aside, it doesn't matter. LFR was designed around AFKers but you'll still get through it just fine. You reap what you sow.
    You can't get through an LFR encounter with half the DPS team doing autoattacks.

So, what you're engaging in here is a literary device called "hyperbole."

Hyperbole is the literary equivalent of being AFK, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by HeedmySpeed View Post
    You really need to learn how to exaggerate more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really, threads like this are better named 'So, Another People-Acting-Badly Post'.

It happens in LFR often enough but the problem isn't LFR. It's a person or people. Stuff like this can happen in any random group.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well as a tank myself i can pretty much kick all those idiots when i want to ppl always listen to the tanks or else i might aswell leave and then they would waste another 10min waiting for a new tank and nobody wants that right?