Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

Thrall's fate in 5.3-5.4

After watching the Battle For Razer hills video from mmo champion and seeing Thrall going of (alone) to orgrimmar to confront Garrosh, an old quest that we did back in 4.2 poped up in my mind. Aight what if as of 5.4 drops thrall will stand somewere outside orgrimmar hideing from the kor'krons and giveing us a quest that will award us with the normal gear from SoO some boot,neckless cloak..

As we take the quest we will sneak into orgrimmar together with him and confront garrosh as sneaking in will prob need to kill some orcs...
    But as thrall confront garrosh a Small cinematic will be played showing them talking for a bit and thrall pissing of garrosh to the point were garrosh charge to thrall cleaveing him with he's axe and basicly killing him of. After the axe swing thrall will give some epic dialoge talking about how garrosh became a monster and how he's dad would be asamed of him.

But what about us were still there arent we well... Got some scenarios 1. Vol'jin saves us 2.Thrall teleport us away as a last use of he's power.

Sorry for spelling mistakes etc but what do you think ?

The quest thing i feel would be kinda a week thing to kill him of with but the gear would force raiders to see thralls death since if they put it in the normal chains for 5.3 not many peps would see it..

---------- Post added 2013-04-27 at 08:58 PM ----------

PS He said alone but i pretty much think that he said that mainly not to get vol'jin in the way...
    Last edited by Orasay1996; 2013-05-02 at 08:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Im not gonna lie, one thrall-centered chain quest per century is more than enough. Let other characters shine for once.

Deleted
    Methinks SoO patch trailer will show us that after Thrall arrived in orgrimmar he and Garrosh go a round 2 in Mak'gora. Garrosh will be unable to beat Thrall with his own strength alone and will take a bite from the heart of y'shaarj becoming quite a big stronger obviously and beating Thrall.

Thrall will then pretty much be chained somewhere in Orgrimmar. Bolvar v.2 maybe? Hanging in chains atop Garrosh throne.

ye gamon! it is time

I hope he dies. Thrall is a drain on the horde. An orc, raised by humans that did nothing but polish human boots once he left their care. He would see his people starve in the desert before he lets an alliance boot go unshined. If he dies nothing will be lost for the horde. He's never done anything for himself, the humans took care of him his whole life. Educated him, fed him, sheltered him and the prophet told him to rally the clans and go to kalimdor. Once he got there, he had no idea how to feed his people and solve the issues they faced. He instead spent his time trying to beg for help from the very faction that he just left.

So let the glorious Garrosh who has already done more good for the horde strike down the human known as Thrall.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Im not gonna lie, one thrall-centered chain quest per century is more than enough. Let other characters shine for once.

I hope he dies or gets the balls beaten out of him. He was good, but they made him god. Would-be dragon aspect and generally an awesome person. They killed off Rhonin for F sake, why would they keep Thrall? They need to incite the horde players somehow too.

Perhaps we'll have Garrosh break Thrall. Physically, Bane-style. It would be a way to retire the character without killing him off.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragashii View Post
    I hope he dies. Thrall is a drain on the horde. An orc, raised by humans that did nothing but polish human boots once he left their care. He would see his people starve in the desert before he lets an alliance boot go unshined. If he dies nothing will be lost for the horde. He's never done anything for himself, the humans took care of him his whole life. Educated him, fed him, sheltered him and the prophet told him to rally the clans and go to kalimdor. Once he got there, he had no idea how to feed his people and solve the issues they faced. He instead spent his time trying to beg for help from the very faction that he just left.

So let the glorious Garrosh who has already done more good for the horde strike down the human known as Thrall.
    Chained him, made him fight other orcs. ya his stay in prison was a cakewalk :P

Quote Originally Posted by Draahl View Post
    Chained him, made him fight other orcs. ya his stay in prison was a cakewalk :P
    It really was because he was the prized pet of Blackmoore and lived in better conditions than everyone else.

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing Thrall piss in Garrosh's cheerios and at the end of the day not really doing anything but walking out. Basically it would be him telling him he's worse than his father ever could be, and then when Garrosh challenges him he tells him he isn't even honorable enough to fight.

While I'm perfectly happy with Thrall taking a back seat for a very long time, he could do a great deal to set up just how deeply Garrosh has plunged in his quest for power. I don't really want to see Thrall die, but I sure as heck don't want to see him save the day either.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    Perhaps we'll have Garrosh break Thrall. Physically, Bane-style. It would be a way to retire the character without killing him off.

AWWW YEAA!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpC-xLJAXV4
    You cared enough to post.

What I would like to see is Thrall saunter into Ogrimmar, filled with confidence and assurance that he can reclaim his title.

He confronts Garrosh going on about how his dad did X, Y, and Z, and that he's following his same footsteps and how Thrall has come to reclaim his title by continuing their previously interrupted battle from the Scourge invasion.

Thrall brings forth his elemental buddies, but Garrosh brings the Sha and straight up smacks Thrall down, effectively beating the Mary Sue. He then has Thrall chained and imprisoned beneath Ogrimmar.

Part of the SoO would then be for us to rescue Thrall, but we find him corrupted by the Sha of Pride, and we have to take him down... effectively removing him the next expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thrall stands as the last good orc whos active in the story. All other orcs are currently held following garrosh, and the few that do not have not been in the story since wrath.

Tell me one active orc who isn't just another tool for Garrosh's war?

Also, when this is over with, the orcs will have to rebuild and find a path away from the one they followed with garrosh (you honestly think the orcs will be wiped out, your stupid), and unless we see some appearance of other orcs who aren't just tools for Garrosh, you don't have many options.

I want to see Thrall leading a division of orcs who are not sided with Garrosh, the frostwolves, Saurfang, Eitrigg, Gorgonna, and members of the earthen ring.

---------- Post added 2013-04-27 at 09:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post

Part of the SoO would then be for us to rescue Thrall, but we find him corrupted by the Sha of Pride, and we have to take him down... effectively removing him the next expansion.
    why would you assume Thrall would be corrupted by the sha of pride? You actually think he'd be corrupted by such a sha, when you have Garrosh there?

---------- Post added 2013-04-27 at 09:53 PM ----------

All this threads going to do is attract hornets.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Thrall stands as the last good orc whos active in the story. All other orcs are currently held following garrosh, and the few that do not have not been in the story since wrath.

Tell me one active orc who isn't just another tool for Garrosh's war?

Also, when this is over with, the orcs will have to rebuild and find a path away from the one they followed with garrosh (you honestly think the orcs will be wiped out, your stupid), and unless we see some appearance of other orcs who aren't just tools for Garrosh, you don't have many options.

I want to see Thrall leading a division of orcs who are not sided with Garrosh, the frostwolves, Saurfang, Eitrigg, Gorgonna, and members of the earthen ring.

---------- Post added 2013-04-27 at 09:50 PM ----------

why would you assume Thrall would be corrupted by the sha of pride? You actually think he'd be corrupted by such a sha, when you have Garrosh there?

---------- Post added 2013-04-27 at 09:53 PM ----------

All this threads going to do is attract hornets.
    Saurfang, Eitrigg? According to thrall and more importantly you they are still active.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragashii View Post

Wow, a creature (Thrall) who has no right to live on Azeroth respects the people that do... Garrosh is just trying to "expand the horde?" Shame he has no right to even live on the planet.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    Saurfang, Eitrigg? According to thrall and more importantly you they are still active.
    I already said, name ACTIVE orcs that have been in the story since wrath. Saurfang has not, and Eitrigg hasn't done anything since the shattering novel.

---------- Post added 2013-04-27 at 10:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Wow, a creature (Thrall) who has no right to live on Azeroth respects the people that do... Garrosh is just trying to "expand the horde?" Shame he has no right to even live on the planet.
    don't try to rationalize with garrosh fans, to them its fun to follow a dictator and tyrant without needing to appear subtle.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    I hope he dies or gets the balls beaten out of him. He was good, but they made him god. Would-be dragon aspect and generally an awesome person. They killed off Rhonin for F sake, why would they keep Thrall? They need to incite the horde players somehow too.
    Incite us to what ? Do a giant party celebrating death of metzens abomination ? Let's face it many (if not most) players are so fed up with thrall that i don't think they treat lore around him seriously anymore.

imho he is gonna have a role similar to those on the isle of thunder a quest giver inside orgrimmar with saurfang, eitrigg and maybe some other
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Incite us to what ? Do a giant party celebrating death of metzens abomination ? Let's face it many (if not most) players are so fed up with thrall that i don't think they treat lore around him seriously anymore.
    you assume a lot without basis of statistics. Or, you just assume the few who think like you are the majority?
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I already said, name ACTIVE orcs that have been in the story since wrath. Saurfang has not, and Eitrigg hasn't done anything since the shattering novel.
    Burning Steppes, Advisor of Garrosh. Eitrigg stopped being active in MoP, because of the silencing for his supporters.