Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    And this ladies and gentlemen is the usual trait we see with the fanbase, whenever a hero in the story becomes a central character, the fanbase turns on them for taking the spotlight away from them.

Don't believe me? Tirion had it, then Thrall had it, and looks like the 'vol'jin's such a mary sue now' will begin.
    Not only that, but Vol'Jin has in no way been overused this expac. He appeared in like 3 quest in 5.1 and its not like he's everywhere in 5.3.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    And this ladies and gentlemen is the usual trait we see with the fanbase, whenever a hero in the story becomes a central character, the fanbase turns on them for taking the spotlight away from them.

Don't believe me? Tirion had it, then Thrall had it, and looks like the 'vol'jin's such a mary sue now' will begin.
    Tirion shouldn't have been there, Thrall was mishandled through overexposure and a DBZ scale power up and Vol'jin is being mishandled and made to look like an idiot and a coward.

There's enough problems with these characters that the "stealing the spotlight" excuse isn't needed to make players dislike them.

EJL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    I hope he dies or gets the balls beaten out of him. He was good, but they made him god. Would-be dragon aspect and generally an awesome person. They killed off Rhonin for F sake, why would they keep Thrall? They need to incite the horde players somehow too.
    Thrall is mary sue-ish, but on a Scale of 1-10 on the Sue-o-meter Rhonin Scales at "Army of Raptors and Went Back in Time to Teach Illidan Magic" which is ~1,000 times higher than your average DBZ Fanfic protagonist.

Rhonin with his flaming red beard of elven impregnation needed to die. Atleast Thrall has to answer for putting Garrosh in charge, Really we just need to get Aggra to stop the Go'el nonsense, seriously she needs to make like a pair of scissors and cut it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Thrall is mary sue-ish, but on a Scale of 1-10 on the Sue-o-meter Rhonin Scales at "Army of Raptors and Went Back in Time to Teach Illidan Magic" which is ~1,000 times higher than your average DBZ Fanfic protagonist.

Rhonin with his flaming red beard of elven impregnation needed to die. Atleast Thrall has to answer for putting Garrosh in charge, Really we just need to get Aggra to stop the Go'el nonsense, seriously she needs to make like a pair of scissors and cut it out.
    I hate Aggra. Honestly hate her. I was never a big fan of Thrall, but she made me hate the guy up until I heard his 5.3 quotes.

She was the reason Thrall in Cata failed. She brought this whole unneeded Go'el nonsense. She pressured Thrall to give up his Warchief mantle with no time to choose a proper replacement. She appeared and a few months later became the most important thing in Thralls life, quickly taking his people's (the Hordes) place.

The only reason they wrote her in was so Thralls story can extend past the Horde and become more personal. But unlike Garrosh, another character who was created to advance Thralls story, she has affected and been involved with no other character. She is useless. No more Thrall, no more Aggra.

That is why I am 100% for her death. She is not a strong female character that people have been asking for. She is an example of arm-candy, way worse off then Tyrande ever was. And I honestly doubt she will be written in to be somewhat involved with anyone else.

The sooner she dies, the sooner Go'el dies, and the sooner Thrall comes back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    I hate Aggra. Honestly hate her. I was never a big fan of Thrall, but she made me hate the guy up until I heard his 5.3 quotes.

She was the reason Thrall in Cata failed. She brought this whole unneeded Go'el nonsense. She pressured Thrall to give up his Warchief mantle with no time to choose a proper replacement. She appeared and a few months later became the most important thing in Thralls life, quickly taking his people's (the Hordes) place.

The only reason they wrote her in was so Thralls story can extend past the Horde and become more personal. But unlike Garrosh, another character who was created to advance Thralls story, she has affected and been involved with no other character. She is useless. No more Thrall, no more Aggra.

That is why I am 100% for her death. She is not a strong female character that people have been asking for. She is an example of arm-candy, way worse off then Tyrande ever was. And I honestly doubt she will be written in to be somewhat involved with anyone else.

The sooner she dies, the sooner Go'el dies, and the sooner Thrall comes back.
    See Cataclysm got me in this huge anti-thrall mindset, and then I went back and Played Warcraft III, oh Single Thrall, we want you back so much.
    Garrosh had potential to grow, but instead they 180'd his progression so hard he got the mindset of a post-great war fascist dictator.
    As for Tyrande, the "A Little Patience" Scenario was an attempt to get her back to her roots and it did make her look terrible, but I think everyone has this warped vision of WCIII Tyrande, she shouldn't be "Arm Candy" but she really was an act first think later, kind of person (BRB SLAUGHTERING SOME WARDENS TO GO FREE ILLIDAN BECAUSE HE MIGHT HELP OUT AGAINST THE LEGION! Malfurion's totally not going to Banish him in a couple of minutes, nah...)

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    See Cataclysm got me in this huge anti-thrall mindset, and then I went back and Played Warcraft III, oh Single Thrall, we want you back so much.
    Garrosh had potential to grow, but instead they 180'd his progression so hard he got the mindset of a post-great war fascist dictator.
    As for Tyrande, the "A Little Patience" Scenario was an attempt to get her back to her roots and it did make her look terrible, but I think everyone has this warped vision of WCIII Tyrande, she shouldn't be "Arm Candy" but she really was an act first think later, kind of person (BRB SLAUGHTERING SOME WARDENS TO GO FREE ILLIDAN BECAUSE HE MIGHT HELP OUT AGAINST THE LEGION! Malfurion's totally not going to Banish him in a couple of minutes, nah...)
    Yeah, the thing with Tyrande is that she was so bad in WotA, that nostalgia kicked in an everyone suddenly remembers her as this badass, near perfect leader, even though in WC3 she fucks up a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    Yeah, the thing with Tyrande is that she was so bad in WotA, that nostalgia kicked in an everyone suddenly remembers her as this badass, near perfect leader, even though in WC3 she fucks up a lot.
    Oh WotA makes her look flawless in WCIII, that's also the book that made me avoid the name Knaak like a plague.

On the topic of Tyrande, am I the only person that thinks people overreacted to the Hush Tyrande comment?

As much as i could see garrosh "breaking" thrall as his act of "unforgivable atrocity that turns the horde against him" i think that would also put the orcs on a much more irredeemable standpoint. Like past the point of no return when they react to thrall of all people with nothing but cheers at his presumed as kicking by garrosh.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    As much as i could see garrosh "breaking" thrall as his act of "unforgivable atrocity that turns the horde against him" i think that would also put the orcs on a much more irredeemable standpoint. Like past the point of no return when they react to thrall of all people with nothing but cheers at his presumed as kicking by garrosh.
    The general idea I see about having Thrall killed is having him martyred to inspire the common orc to rise up against Garrosh. It would be kind of pointless to have Garrosh do this otherwise.

I honestly hope that Thrall dies asap.

Not only am I bothered that they have given him so much power, as to completely destroy whole cities if he wanted to, but having Tyrande attend to his "wedding"? ARE WE FUCKING KIDDING?

KILL HIM!

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    The general idea I see about having Thrall killed is having him martyred to inspire the common orc to rise up against Garrosh. It would be kind of pointless to have Garrosh do this otherwise.
    And this leaves us with "strike me down and i shall become more powerfull that you can imagine" type cliche. How about thrall falls down the stairs and break neck ? Pathetic and pointless. And how fitting.

I've always liked Thrall and his story throughout Lord of The Clans, Warcraft 3 and WoW, would be a shame to see him die. If he dies he'll be made a martyr though.

I honestly don't understand why people hate him so much. I guess its just 'the flow' now. Where its popular to dislike someone (as seen often towards certain celebrities).

Its understandable that there should be made more room for other characters of course, but even though he has immense power its not like he's the only powerful mortal in the world. As for his stance on diplomacy, it doesn't suit well with 'war' between alliance and Horde, but its definitely not something to hate him for. I'd rather see him as the wiser and calmer leader and the alliance get more hotheaded, thereby forcing the Horde to fight with their grand might.

I suppose most of WoWs playerbase are like Garrosh though, hotheaded with a lack of brain and understanding of the story, - the story that made Thrall who he is and the part he has played in the world. + most people seem to just focus on the negative.

First people dislikes the story and want more war, more killing and hostility etc, thereby bringing the war back into warcraft.
    Then various things get added, for mop that would be the horde and alliance battle in 5.1 and the various scenarios which focuses on killing and battling the other faction (A little patience, Battle for Theramore, battle on the high seas) , not to mention the entire Jade Forest questline, but then complaints start rolling in about too little story, or the stories being poor.

I can guarantee if we see Thrall die in 5.4 it will be in a heroic manner, and people will complain and nag and cry to blizz; "why did you kill Thrall? he was awesome!", probably the same people that so desperately want him to die. Some people will never be satisfied.

The dislike of Thrall was never so bad until Cataclysm came along and butchered his character. The people who hate Thrall for being a peacekeeper are the same ones who hate Anduin and who hated Jaina for acting the same.

This whole 'lets hate Thrall' craze happened because he was forced down our throats in Cata. And it wasn't like Tirion in Wrath. Tirion was a full on neural character, kicked out of the Alliance, and more than willing to work with the Horde (even Forsaken). Thrall on the other hand came fresh off of being Warchief, was originally supposed to be neutral only temporarily, and yet Alliance characters had to quest alongside him. It felt REALLY weird saving Thrall in Firelands while he's yelling about splintering Stormwind's throne. Not to mention his whole sudden power boost.

That said, I do still like Thrall, and do not want to see him die. It would make his progression in Cata moot, and make his son a mirror of him. If anyone is to die to spur the Orcs on to rebel, Saurfang would be the clear cut best choice. His story is pretty much done, everyone across the Horde, especially the Orcs, respect him, and he has made clear he will not stand by while Garrosh ruins the Horde. That or Aggra. Fuck Aggra.

Quote Originally Posted by Lastlivingsoul View Post
    Killing him off in a cutscene/(scenario) would just be pathetic. More than that it would truly tell players not only have the jumped the shark but they really don't care anymore.
    See, I think they jumped the shark when they gave Thrall a wedding attended by the dragon aspects, and then turned him into Goku.

Go home, Metzen. You're drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Garrosh and the Horde were not victims here.
    not making the claim that they were......

Horde - yes. Alliance? No. The entire Alliance war effort exists because Garrosh started a war. Garrosh exploited the cataclysm to attack the Alliance while its back was figuratively turned. The Alliance fought back.
    honors stand? and all through out the southern barrens, just because they didn't take advantage of it as much as the horde did doesn't mean they didn't, which again I will say is just a smart move to get your enemy off guard. I really don't care how you feel about it.

The former is wrong - unlike the Horde, they haven't deliberately gone out of their way to attack "innocents". Civilians die in war. It's unfortunate, its tragic but it happens. And this is a war started by Garrosh and the Horde. As for burned down villages? Yes...CT was burned. The entire point of the attack was to remove it as a threat.
    in stonetalon and other places yes are examples of this. and the same with Theramore and other Alliance installations. and I can drum up "civilian casualties" in those instances as well. as for the bolded....I already know, thanks for being redundant.

I'm not sure which incident you refer to here. The Grimtotems in Stonetalon? If so, I'm not quite sure why this is "bad". Because they don't like the Horde?
    yes I am, and no it's not "bad", how many times do I have to say it's just making use out of what you can use, and I hope the same goes for when the Horde got the help from the shatterspear when they don't like the alliance. oh it was to attack the night elves. boo hoo, boo hoo hoo.

Of the two sides in the game right now, only one started the war.
    they weren't really at peace to begin with before Cata. you know, Wrath and all that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    On the topic of Tyrande, am I the only person that thinks people overreacted to the Hush Tyrande comment?
    Nope. I agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    reasons mean little when they themselves are attacking innocents and burning down villages. if it was a strategic attack then you must think it was "justified". just drape the "we're the good guys" cloak over it, works like a charm.
    Ok... i am guessing that you only play horde version of the storyline.

Camp Taurajo was remove from the battlefield by Alliance due to that they were training soldiers (classic wow players). Also The attack of Camp Taurajo was base on false information that the tauren were planning an attack against Northwatch Hold. Baine still honor his father's pact between Jaina and Cairne. The Tauren have no reason to fight against Theramore, since Theramore send helps to reclaim Thunder Bluff. We do not know who gave that false information to force Alliance to attack quickly, maybe someone that want war between Horde and the Alliance.

If you done the Alliance's questline, you would know that the General who led the assault ordered his men to give the townsfolk an opening in their defensive lines for them to escape to. That General did not know that some of his commanding officers do have deep hate against the Horde and is undermining his order to leave the townsfolk alone. Some of the townsfolk ran into a quilboar settlement where they were killed, the action that is not at fault for the Alliance because they did not know. General order the players to go the ruins to arrest any Taurajo Looters (Alliance soldiers) who broke rank from the main army and are found stealing whatever valuables they can find from the wreckage.

One of the Commanding officers find out that one the Horde officer want the General dead. Therefore without the General on the battlefield, the Alliance will be willing to destroy the Horde army in Southern Barren. He betray the General by sending information to the Horde in order for the General to be killed. Without that false information, Camp Taurajo would have been standing.
    Last edited by Auroro; 2013-04-28 at 09:23 PM.

Deleted
    Listen this is what's gonna happen aight? okay aight okay - tharl will tell gnarklord that he thinks that teleportation is too expensive for 2 gold and and then thurl know what to do

k favorite subscribe thnx

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffer View Post
    I've always liked Thrall and his story throughout Lord of The Clans, Warcraft 3 and WoW, would be a shame to see him die. If he dies he'll be made a martyr though.

I honestly don't understand why people hate him so much. I guess its just 'the flow' now. Where its popular to dislike someone (as seen often towards certain celebrities).

Its understandable that there should be made more room for other characters of course, but even though he has immense power its not like he's the only powerful mortal in the world. As for his stance on diplomacy, it doesn't suit well with 'war' between alliance and Horde, but its definitely not something to hate him for. I'd rather see him as the wiser and calmer leader and the alliance get more hotheaded, thereby forcing the Horde to fight with their grand might.

I suppose most of WoWs playerbase are like Garrosh though, hotheaded with a lack of brain and understanding of the story, - the story that made Thrall who he is and the part he has played in the world. + most people seem to just focus on the negative.

First people dislikes the story and want more war, more killing and hostility etc, thereby bringing the war back into warcraft.
    Then various things get added, for mop that would be the horde and alliance battle in 5.1 and the various scenarios which focuses on killing and battling the other faction (A little patience, Battle for Theramore, battle on the high seas) , not to mention the entire Jade Forest questline, but then complaints start rolling in about too little story, or the stories being poor.

I can guarantee if we see Thrall die in 5.4 it will be in a heroic manner, and people will complain and nag and cry to blizz; "why did you kill Thrall? he was awesome!", probably the same people that so desperately want him to die. Some people will never be satisfied.
    People hate Thrall now because there sheep. They jump on a hate wagon started by a few people and go with the flow, thinking they have an original opinion, but are just clinging to bad and negative principles without learning anything good that comes from the story or narrative.
    #boycottchina