...So this is how people make good money?

After looking at gems on the AH, I noticed that a Radiant Star was only $1.06 on the RMAH...yet 28 million gold on the GAH.

However, $1 only buys you 4 million gold, whereas 28 million gold is roughly $7.

So...are people just buying Radiant Stars for $1, selling them for 28 mil gold, then selling the gold back for $7?
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Deleted
    With that logic every player would be millionaire irl. Chances to sell gold in RMAH is near 0% since most of the ppl know its overpriced. Even if some clueless player buys some gold - there prolly is hundreds of billions gold in RMAH and its not your gold that sells.

above is right, but if you want to buy gold gems are the best way to do it

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    golds don't sell. Period.

Ah well. At least I know I can get 28 mil for $1 now, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Or just play the AH op, Might aswell reliease that is the only way to make gold. For everyone who dosen't buy for real money anyway....:P

Find 20-30 popuar items, bid on shit, get bid's won with stop watch (my g15 keyboard ftw lol) as they run out, and as you look for bid's (witch is the most time consuming imo) hope you can find a snipe. Sure if everyone did this, nobody would get any gold...but yea.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Or just play the AH op, Might aswell reliease that is the only way to make gold. For everyone who dosen't buy for real money anyway....
    Compelety untrue and you know it. In that case where do you think them insane drops that sell for 1B+ come from? Magic? Yeah magic find. people playing the game either farming or leveling. Was in a MP10 run today on MP just for a quick few runs, I droped a wicthing hour that has 175 STR 40 all resist 8% IAS + 45% Crit damage then 4 mins droped an echoing fury with 1201 dps 197 str Socket + 10% attack speed. So yeah theres about 600m+ in drops just doing 1 simple thing run.

I had a friend moan about the AH intill i seen what he was selling, total junk. After i told him what sells hes made quite a bit of cash and even some real money off the RMAH.
    " The fear of God is the beginning of Wisdom, Therefore he who has no fear of god has no wisdom "
    People saying we are in the end-times really don't know anything. Such as there's going to be 7 years of world peace before it happens and as long as china and russia are still a thing its safe to say its not going to happen anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaroko View Post
    Compelety untrue and you know it. In that case where do you think them insane drops that sell for 1B+ come from? Magic? Yeah magic find. people playing the game either farming or leveling. Was in a MP10 run today on MP just for a quick few runs, I droped a wicthing hour that has 175 STR 40 all resist 8% IAS + 45% Crit damage then 4 mins droped an echoing fury with 1201 dps 197 str Socket + 10% attack speed. So yeah theres about 600m+ in drops just doing 1 simple thing run.

I had a friend moan about the AH intill i seen what he was selling, total junk. After i told him what sells hes made quite a bit of cash and even some real money off the RMAH.
    That's cool and all, but probability says for every person who gets above drops in one day, there are a thousand people who don't get above drops after a year of playing 10 hours a day. Farming items is a very, very inefficient way to make profits on average. Very few people will win the lottery. Playing the AH is consistent and works, on the other hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaroko View Post

Congrats on being the few lucky % off people who actually had a propor drop. I however, even trough my /played is above 300 hours, haven't seen a drop more than 10-15 million gold.

I made some 450-500 million gold just AH playing 3-4 weeks, then got bored again after I bought gear :P Just need a decent 15-25 million trifecta ring now, and I'm happy sitting on a good pile off money if the game ever gets any good, while my gear works fine...yay

---------- Post added 2013-05-11 at 06:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Selenti View Post
    That's cool and all, but probability says for every person who gets above drops in one day, there are a thousand people who don't get above drops after a year of playing 10 hours a day. Farming items is a very, very inefficient way to make profits on average. Very few people will win the lottery. Playing the AH is consistent and works, on the other hand.
    Just this. When I started out AH playing I had only 3 million gold, by the first week I was already making steady income, that only went up the more I played the AH, just like when you play AH inn wow.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    you got 10€ worth of gold for 3-4 weeks of AH farming? congratz but it's completely inconsistent, bots are a plague in D3 and they keep bidding on items worth something istantly (you get the "overbided" message the second you bid)

Quote Originally Posted by Destard View Post
    you got 10€ worth of gold for 3-4 weeks of AH farming? congratz but it's completely inconsistent, bots are a plague in D3 and they keep bidding on items worth something istantly (you get the "overbided" message the second you bid)
    In most cases this is not a bot, it is the way the bidding system works. Someone can set their bid for, say, 500M on an item currently at 50K. If you then bid 70K, 100K, 200K, 100M, anything below 500M, the auction house will automatically up their original bid and tell you instantly you were "overbidded".

Quote Originally Posted by Destard View Post
    So just cause some people are so bad at a game they haft to cheat, means my effort is not worth anything? I dont follow sorry.

All I can say is that before 1.0.7 I was wearing gear that could maybe sell for 25 million gold, now its 200 million, while I keept a good pile. All that inn about 1/10th the time I played Diablo inn total