Another Demon Hunter Thread

I'm sure many of you are tired of these threads, however, I like to think I have a decent idea regarding the possibility of a demon hunter class from a lore perspective. I haven't thought out the mechanics or how they would fit into the game, however I also have somewhat of a decent idea.

So let's say the next expansion is in fact a burning legion expansion and demon hunters are added as a playable class. This is how I would imagine handling them.

I know death knights were kind of a disaster on launch so the whole "hero class" idea may not work out. Whether Blizzard chooses to do so or not is irrelevant, I propose a neutral starting zone for demon hunters, much like the death knight starting zone. Their story could revolve around their subjugation to Sargeras, their evolution into demon hunters and their freedom at the hands of possibly Illidan Stormrage. Much like Illidan, the starting demon hunter could be a person seeking magical power. In this starting zone Sargeras or the Burning Legion itself grants this thirst for power. Players eventually get tattoos and their eyes burned out like Illidan throughout the quests as they become more powerful. Eventually Illidan comes and grants them free will somehow. Demon hunters could be either melee or ranged dps, using mail seeing as that is currently the only armour being used by 2 classes. I understand this is all far fetched but I love Illidan as a character and hope he becomes reintroduced somehow. I see him more as misunderstood than a villain. Anyway thanks for the read and let me know what you guys think!

10+ Year Old Account
    Read my sig.

Still don't think they should be implemented.

I don't think so. They really only make sense for night elves and maybe blood elves. We have plenty of melee classes already as well. I'm also not sure we need another angsty dark class.

As much as id love to see a demon hunter class, i doubt well get a new class in the next expansion. But if we do get one thats pretty much my idea of what would happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I don't think so. They really only make sense for night elves and maybe blood elves. We have plenty of melee classes already as well. I'm also not sure we need another angsty dark class.
    I can think of reasons for draenei, orcs and forsaken to become demon hunters as well. Some of the other races are a bit harder to imagine.

10+ Year Old Account
    No more of these damn Demon Hunter threads, seriously.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Read my sig.

Still don't think they should be implemented.
    I absolutely love what you've done. I was thinking about demon hunters from a lore perspective but the mechanics you've designed are so engaging and different. It seems like a class I would main over my beloved dk. I can only hope they're implemented. No one can truly know whether or not they would work in the game as it's up to Blizzard to design and balance but one can dream. I think that if we have monks we can certainly have demon hunters. Illidan is such an iconic lore character and demon hunters make just as much sense as monks do in my opinion, if not more.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    I can think of reasons for draenei, orcs and forsaken to become demon hunters as well. Some of the other races are a bit harder to imagine.
    I'm sure draenei will jump right on that. It's not like using fel magic and turning into demons is against everything they are or anything.

I'm sure draenei will jump right on that. It's not like using fel magic and turning into demons is against everything they are or anything.
    it's not, really. the beef they have against demons is not that they are demons, but that they destroy the universe and shit.

now, a noble sacrifice of one's purity of soul in order to vanquish demons and save the universe, I could see a draenei following this path.

that's one reason why I pray everyday that blizz decides to merge warlocks and demon hunters into a single class. that could be a perfect lorexcuse for night elf and draenei warlocks
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

God I wish they would just announce this class as a yes or a no so these threads can die. Will there be one, who knows. Blizzard hasn't gone on record and say "there will never be a demon hunting class".

10+ Year Old Account
    And no one ever compromises their principles in the slightest for any reason in WoW.

Demon Hunters have always been renegades to their faction. Night Elf DH are nothing like your typical Druidic/Moon-worshipping nature lovers. Draenei Demon Hunters work if they were a group of individuals who are now fighting against the Legion. It's just like Night Elf Demon Hunters, where the Night Elves swear off using demonic (or even arcane) magic yet the ones who become Demon Hunters are renegade individuals who do this for more power. They don't represent their race or factions.

Besides, we have weirder combos in the game right now like Gnome Death Knights, Tauren Paladins and Dwarven Mages. Each of these have their own lore quirks that make them fit overall.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2013-04-28 at 06:50 AM.