5.2 Trinket Theorycrafting.

Ok, so i've been doing a decent amount of theorycrafting on warrior for trinkets in 5.2. Keep in mind that I explain below the initial description situational analysis and otherwise. I'm just looking for input.

Idea: Delicate Vial of the Sanguinaire + Steadfast talisman of the shadow-pan assault

DV - dodge static (1417) with 4% proc (no ICD) to grant 8800 mastery for 20 seconds (roughly an extra 30% for prot warriors)

Steadfast - Mastery (1417) + USE (grants 16000 dodge decreasing 1600 every 2 seconds for 20 seconds)

Theorycrafting behind this-

For MELEE HEAVY FIGHTS these two trinkets would provide the warrior with an additional static 2% dodge and 3% static mastery. On a similarly geared warrior that puts mastery to about 59% in a 502 ilvl warrior. Dodge would be around 13% static.

When needed (when shield block has reached its capped timeframe or when expecting large melee dps) the on use would grant the user an extra 10% dodge. This would increase the amount of attacks for the next few seconds dodged to 23%.

Due to the lack of ICD that would mean that every single time you used your use trinket you would effectively be strengthening your other trinket by 10%

Now when talking about this conjunction of trinkets you are looking at having 20 seconds of increased dodge potentially followed by 20 seconds of the extra mastery. Now when adding that mastery to your current mastery that would effectively push critical block chance to 90% (extremely close to pushing regular blocks off the combat table.) This would be similar to using shield block but for 20 seconds vs 6 allowing pooling of rage as well as use of shield barrier to absorb the remaining 40% of the blocked preventing any possibility of taking dmg for melee attacks.

With this idea behind it (while each trinket individually is not necessarily strong for prot warrior) my question is would the combination be viable if not BiS for extremely melee heavy fights (or add fights) such as Horridon/Ji-kun/Primordius/Dark Animus?

(Just to CMA stamina trinkets are by far necessary on some fights if health pools are too low)

Please tell me if I'm wrong but I think you make a (big) mistake concerning how the combat table works. 90% crit block chance doesn't mean that you will critically block all melee hits. It means you will critically block 90% of all blocked melee attacks.

They changed how block works with MoP. You get up to 3 rolls for a melee attack: The first roll decided if you will block or parry and if the hit lands, a second roll will decide if it's blocked and if it is, the third roll will decide whether it's a normal block or a critical block.

Lets say you get 10 attacks in those 20 secs would give you 1 dodge on average or 2 dodges with the trinket on use, 8% chance for a trinket to proc isn't reliable enough. That trinket just screams druid from what I understand you're better off sticking to stamina trinkets.

DV - dodge static (1417) with 4% proc (no ICD) to grant 8800 mastery for 20 seconds (roughly an extra 30% for prot warriors)

worst trinket ever, don't waste your time theorycrafting or discussing it, apart from discussing how horrendous it is

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal0327 View Post
    With this idea behind it (while each trinket individually is not necessarily strong for prot warrior) my question is would the combination be viable if not BiS for extremely melee heavy fights (or add fights) such as Horridon/Ji-kun/Primordius/Dark Animus?
    Imagine that you have 100% dodge, 0% parry and 0% block chance, even then it only proccs 1:25 times.

Steadfast talisman nets you what... 20-25% additional dodge? If you could force the procc right there those 8800 mastery would be handy but it's still only a 4% proccchance. With dodge being our worst (still useful) secondary stat there it's our least desired trinket, you're regulary way better of with trinkets from the last tier if you have no dropluck yet.