Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Personally I farm with a friend one night every week, the night we do LFR. So while waiting for the queue (30-40 mins per part) we kill dinosaurs, and it's probably 2 hours per week or so. We mostly kill the small direhorns, but also do the small devilsaurs while waiting for respawns. Last week we also did some trolls waiting for respawn, and both got all 4 pets within the night, so droprate seems cool.

Anyhow, I got around 1500 bones or so, but I'm curious, has anyone actually gotten the egg from the small direhorns? I haven't seen one drop yet, not for me or my friend. Would be cool and at least feel sorta comforting to get an egg.
    Small devilsaurs yes, small direhorns no (so far).

If you going for the eggs, fastest way to get them by far is to form a group of 3-4 people (tank, healer, then 1-2 dps) and farm the adult devilsaurs. Bone acquisition rate is about the same as soloing small direhorns once you average it out, but the drop chance for eggs is significantly higher. With a 3 man group it usually takes us 30-45 mins to each get an egg.

So I farmed this mount, as well as an additional 3000 bones while farming for Primal Eggs. Thank god I finally got the 3 new raptor mounts. Only took 10 eggs!

What I did (which was awesome), was use the Angler's Raft, pull Primal Devilsaurs and kite them out to the water. I did this as a hunter with Aspect of the Cheetah up on land to help stay ahead of them. Then you just swim circles around them staying out of the range of their shout aoe ability. If you practice at it, you can start to kite 3 at a time and pick up 100+ bones in one looting. They also have the highest drop rate for Primal Eggs.

Just remember to keep dps/dots up on all of them or they might reset.

You can also kite them over to raids forming for Oondasta (key word there is forming, not a raid that is pulling Oondasta). They have always assisted me.
    Last edited by thraton; 2013-04-30 at 01:06 PM.

If you're a hunter, spec binding shot to stun their charge or simply min range it, use a crocolisk pet to help you with the slow(since applying it takes a gcd which subtracts from your dps), and kings drums, flasks, food, asking for buffs from strangers helps increase farming speed.

Survival is the way to go, just kite them all day long.

gratz, didn't even know this achievement existed lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thraton View Post
    So I farmed this mount, as well as an additional 3000 bones while farming for Primal Eggs. Thank god I finally got the 3 new raptor mounts. Only took 10 eggs!

What I did (which was awesome), was use the Angler's Raft, pull Primal Devilsaurs and kite them out to the water. I did this as a hunter with Aspect of the Cheetah up on land to help stay ahead of them. Then you just swim circles around them staying out of the range of their shout aoe ability. If you practice at it, you can start to kite 3 at a time and pick up 100+ bones in one looting. They also have the highest drop rate for Primal Eggs.

Just remember to keep dps/dots up on all of them or they might reset.

You can also kite them over to raids forming for Oondasta (key word there is forming, not a raid that is pulling Oondasta). They have always assisted me.

10 eggs... ugh.

Me and 2 friends farmed in a group one night(only night we've done this) and got about 1600 bones each. 0 eggs dropped. Another friend's group did the same thing night before. They got like 5 drops. Sickening.

Managed to get an egg off a baby direhorn couple of days ago. Not that I needed it, since I have all 3 raptor mounts from the eggs...

Quote Originally Posted by Aeiri View Post
    10 eggs... ugh.

Me and 2 friends farmed in a group one night(only night we've done this) and got about 1600 bones each. 0 eggs dropped. Another friend's group did the same thing night before. They got like 5 drops. Sickening.
    Ugh, I have been doing this by myself...SUCKS as an enhancement shaman. I do about 100-200 bones a day to avoid burnout sometimes on weekends I'll do 500 if I have time. Though just like the last book for "Zandalari Library Card" the WoW gods have smiled upon me and I have not seen a SINGLE egg. Though my GM does dailies about once a week around Throne and one drops for him. Kill me.

Starting this today actually, wish me luck

Ive got the 9999 mount and the 1k bone bone pet and I still dont all the egg mounts :/

Stupid dupes... farming for my 8th egg now

Deleted
    Gratz! Too bad its so ugly haha would have liked another model for it.

I have had ZERO luck getting eggs off the direhorn hatchlings. Wowhead lists them at a 0.3% dropchance so that's not surprising. Soloing the large direhorns or small/large devilsaurs is a non-starter as they all either have tank debuffs or do too much damage to kill without kiting (which takes forever).

What I do is go to the rear of the island, where the alliance vendor is located, and solo the Pterrowing fliers. As a blood DK I just eat the Skycall, but if you're a DPS spec you can run through them to avoid it. There are 5 of them in that area, 2 up top, 2 down low, and 1 flier, and they respawn fairly quickly so you can just kill them and rinse/repeat. They have a 1.5% droprate on eggs, so I usually get one in roughly two hours.

Obviously getting a group and killing adult direhorns and devilsaurs is a better way to go, as they have a 2% (direhorns) or 3% (devilsaurs) chance to drop an egg, drop a lot more bones, and you can kill much faster in a group.

So far I've got two eggs and got a red and a green, so pretty lucky.

10+ Year Old Account
    I stopped at around 300 bones. I plan on restarting again next expansion when I can solo some of the larger dinos, maybe even pull a group and AoE down depending on health and damage increases.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    i just kite them near the hill on oondasta (no on the boss), people waiting for him or waiting the regroup are bored and help me killing the mobs, usually i skip the big trex, i don't want people accidentally killed because of me, and thanks everyone for the cooperation after i finished

actually i only do that until i get my egg, i find it a time waste to farm the dinos when i still don't have all 3 mounts (got 2 atm) because i'd still have to kill them after :P

a good thing to do is a random /roll with a gold giveaway after the session too
    Last edited by S7orm; 2013-05-11 at 01:35 PM.

Deleted
    I stopped farming this when the TCG dupers came back, think I'm about finished with mount collecting now.

10+ Year Old Account
    500 to go and i am done forever .
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I got a primal egg roughly about every 1200 bones, all off the primal direhorns. I would kill them until i got an egg and stop until my egg hatched, then go back and farm them until another egg dropped, stop til it hatched and do it again. and now i have the red, green, and black raptor and sitiin at a little over 4000 bones, i will have the white one one day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Done finaly...also too my suprise i got a red raptor (last color i needed) from the last egg.

Don't sweat the details!!!

I got up to 3000 bones and gave up, I just don't have the patience for grinding it

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    I got up to 3000 bones and gave up, I just don't have the patience for grinding it
    imo, just do a few hundred when you get bored. youll get their eventually, thats my plan so far atleast

Just coming up to 3000 bones atm by soloing the direhorn hatchlings. Got 2 eggs both of which dropped black mounts.
    Some mornings it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints.