Poll: Do you think it might happen?

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    It will not happen for a simple reason:

Blizzard doesn't have the courage to go and do anything that could even slightly impact their whiny customers little bubble of safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    It's the forsaken capital. It will never happen, get over it.
    Actually, with blizzard it is hard telling. It is quiet possible they could force the forsaken from the city and in turn either A. Force them to reside in silvermoon (Like how the gnomes lived with the dwarves and trolls in org) B. Force them to find a new city capital, or even C. Give the Trolls a city so the horde still have the same amount of Capitals as a trade off for losing the Undercity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezarus View Post
    Oi in the official manual (pg 168, the human description) it states
    The few humans who survived fled
    south to the protection of Stormwind.
    Yeah they ran away thus forsaking any claim they had to it while the bulk of the populace died and then came back from the dead. Those people then came back to their home after all that nasty scourge business. So they lived in Lordaeron and died for Lordaeron and now are undead in Lordaeron. Seems to me that is a better claim than some cowards who ran away. Certainly a better claim than some idiot with wacky hair and a slightly effeminate son. *snigger*

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would much rather see Stromgarde become a powerhouse again. It will give the Alliance a foothold into the North of the Eastern Kingdoms.

Problem I see is, Alliance really needs something in Kalimdor, especially on the Eastern side. Im not saying Alliance are suffering because of Theramore getting demolished, because Theramore was never a hub. Exodar and Darnassus are to far to the North West and theres nothing for them on the East.

Relocate Stromgarde to Theramore. Ok maybe not.

In any sense, Im against Forsaken losing the Undercity. Its firmly theirs now. What makes anyone think Humans want it back anyway? Its filled with abominations, plague runs its sewers. The place is demolished beyond repair. Any human in their right mind wouldnt go back there.
    Last edited by Murderdoll; 2013-04-28 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    ..... If the Forsaken aren't cured then in my eyes they are nothing more than a pile of stinking corpses that DESERVE TO BE PUT DOWN!!!
    If anyone deserves to be put down its you for rolling such abomination as character. From both lore and aesthetic perspective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keristrasza View Post
    Actually, with blizzard it is hard telling. It is quiet possible they could force the forsaken from the city and in turn either A. Force them to reside in silvermoon (Like how the gnomes lived with the dwarves and trolls in org) B. Force them to find a new city capital, or even C. Give the Trolls a city so the horde still have the same amount of Capitals as a trade off for losing the Undercity.
    Here's the thing, from a technical standpoint, they'd have to ship the Forsaken off to Quel'thalas, Redo Eversong and Ghostlands, while also redoing Tirisfal, Silverpine, Hillsbrad, and a bit of Arathi.

From a "Who has the rightful claim?" standpoint. Sure Sylvanas isn't a former resident of Lordaeron, however, The Forsaken are, Considering how terribly the whole plague thing went for Lordaeron, I think it's safe to assume that the Undead residents are Lordaeron are the overwhelming majority.

And just to touch on that "Right of Conquest Bit" Pre-BC The Forsaken were in a pretty weak position, but they've been growing up steadily over time, in Wrath and Cataclysm you saw just how powerful the Forsaken War Machine was, They were one of the two major powers in the Horde actually (The other being Orcs) And while Garrosh has been fighting the Alliance at every turn and redirecting invasion fleets to Pandaria, the Forsaken, unless specifically ordered by Garrosh, have stayed out of it. So, considering what the Forsaken have been up to (Val'kyr, Plague, etc.) and the Alliance's thinned forces (Let's be honest, Garrosh has been beating you guys to a pulp) That's not going to happen

Tl;DR

Game mechanics wise: They Said no to Ashenvale, there's no way they're doing this
    Legal owners wise: You can try to conquer it, but you wouldn't reconquer anything.
    Lore wise: Enjoy your Blight bro!

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Lordaeron already belongs to the citizens of Lordaeron. The Alliance "reclaiming" it are an invading foreign army. It's like the Alliance invading Quel'Thalas to "reclaim" it for the High Elves.
    Not really. The dead are dead. To those that are living, they see them as dead and therefore having no claim on that which is for the living.

I mean, why do the dead need land? What are they going to do with it? They don't eat, they don't sleep.

If I was really there, I would see them as they are. A plague, that either needs to be cured or destroyed, to be put to rest.

Quote Originally Posted by koawinter View Post
    I mean, why do the dead need land? What are they going to do with it? They don't eat, they don't sleep.
    And why do living need it, they are better of dead instead of suffering from the old god curse.

It will happen eventually, in like Warcraft 4 or some other game perhaps. Cant happen in WoW for balance reasons, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    And why do living need it, they are better of dead instead of suffering from the old god curse.
    I'm sure every living creature (especially those that live a long time) would disagree with you. You may as well kill yourself now (in-game) and quit if that's the way you feel. The living need land to live. The dead do not. They don't need territory. In fact, they seem to want the destruction of EVERY race (not just alliance races) and they would if they had the chance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably not. The development cost vs reward procedure would be pretty uneven.

I'm sure every living creature (especially those that live a long time) would disagree with you. You may as well kill yourself now (in-game) and quit if that's the way you feel. The living need land to live. The dead do not. They don't need territory. In fact, they seem to want the destruction of EVERY race (not just alliance races) and they would if they had the chance.
    Entire Azeroth is infested with parasites, you wouldnt want to cleanse it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really. The dead are dead. To those that are living, they see them as dead and therefore having no claim on that which is for the living.

If I was really there, I would see them as they are. A plague, that either needs to be cured or destroyed, to be put to rest.
    But, they aren't dead. They're undead. And they are sentient. Who gives a shit about if they need the land? Since when was ownership about whether or not the people need the property? Why do those super billionaires don't need all that money? What are they going to do with it? Food and shelter doesn't cost that much. Let's take away their money.

They don't need territory. In fact, they seem to want the destruction of EVERY race (not just alliance races) and they would if they had the chance.
    You have us all wrong. We wish to improve ourselves. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service ours. Death is irrelevant. Your archaic cultures are authority-driven. Why do you resist? We only wish to raise quality of life, for all species. Freedom is irrelevant. Self-determination is irrelevant. You must comply. You will become one with the Forsaken. Resistance is futile!

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't the territory that Alliance has enough for the Humans to live? Do they REALLY need to march to Lordaeron, conquer it, cleanse the land and move in? It would take a hell of a long time, not to mention there is a risk of (in the case of the attack being unsuccessful) the Forsaken War Machine getting even stronger from the Alliance's losses.

Also, not all Forsaken want death and destruction. There are Forsaken that just want to live as normal as possible. You get to give a woman some leather so she can create a blanket for herself, a wealthy man that just wants a pet Murloc and some people that want to bring back the Mills in the north back in business. Not all of them are hell-bent.
    I. Like. To. Kill. Things.
    For Pony!

But, they aren't dead. They're undead. And they are sentient. Who gives a shit about if they need the land? Since when was ownership about whether or not the people need the property? Why do those super billionaires don't need all that money? What are they going to do with it? Food and shelter doesn't cost that much. Let's take away their money.
    When did this become about money? Do you think about the rich that much? haha.

The "undead" are simply creatures that were brought back through necromancy and gained sentience after shaking off the Lich King's commands (who was a demon creation). It seems really simple here. They died. They seek the destruction of other peoples (95% of all undead are evil), and you want to defend that? Huh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    You have us all wrong. We wish to improve ourselves. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service ours. Death is irrelevant. Your archaic cultures are authority-driven. Why do you resist? We only wish to raise quality of life, for all species. Freedom is irrelevant. Self-determination is irrelevant. You must comply. You will become one with the Forsaken. Resistance is futile!
    Lol, the way you wrote that, I immediately thought of the Zerg from Starcraft.
    I. Like. To. Kill. Things.
    For Pony!

Quote Originally Posted by Pisholina View Post
    Isn't the territory that Alliance has enough for the Humans to live? Do they REALLY need to march to Lordaeron, conquer it, cleanse the land and move in? It would take a hell of a long time, not to mention there is a risk of (in the case of the attack being unsuccessful) the Forsaken War Machine getting even stronger from the Alliance's losses.

Also, not all Forsaken want death and destruction. There are Forsaken that just want to live as normal as possible. You get to give a woman some leather so she can create a blanket for herself, a wealthy man that just wants a pet Murloc and some people that want to bring back the Mills in the north back in business. Not all of them are hell-bent.
    I'm not saying they should, not at all. In fact, I don't want them too. I would prefer they took the land south and fortified the wall in Arathi in order to protect their people! The alliance has bigger fish to fry then just the undead.

10+ Year Old Account
    When did this become about money? Do you think about the rich that much? haha.

The "undead" are simply creatures that were brought back through necromancy and gained sentience after shaking off the Lich King's commands (who was a demon creation). It seems really simple here. They died. They seek the destruction of other peoples (95% of all undead are evil), and you want to defend that? Huh?
    Then why even talk about the Forsaken not needing the land?

Then why even talk about the Forsaken not needing the land?
    He could trying selling that line off crap to all the Death Knights who serve the Alliance and Ebon Hold.

Hey guys thanks for all that help with the Lich King and for you alliance guys cheers for all that horde killing you done for us but can you please piss off now and give us all your lands? You are dead and don't need it. Ta Muchly!