Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

5.3 dominant class

With how things are shaping up what do you guys think is going to be the dominant class/spec for damage and healers in 5.3?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrun View Post
    With how things are shaping up what do you guys think is going to be the dominant class/spec for damage and healers in 5.3?
    Rsham, Rdruid, disco, all very viable. Mages are definitely top class right now, and will continue to do so without any nerfs. Locks require skill but top viable especially with 10% dot buff, and more reliable gate. Rogue without too much nerfs will be very good too. Still not completely sure about hunters, but they won't be as good as right now, but still viable. Ele, retri, enha, feral, probably viable but hard to say, especially with pvp power nerf. Dk's aren't that top viable even right now, with sudden doom nerf, maybe good in some comps.

so healers, rsham, rdruid, disco, rdruid is hardest to play but with shrooms probably very op.

mage, rogue, hunter, lock so pure dps classes are safe bet as always. There might be some new burst comps with ferals, enha, ret, some utility comp with ele or pressure comp with dk. And spriest, of course, will be able to replace lock in some comps and vice versa.

Deleted
    Rogues and mages will still be dominant dps classes because Blizzard still favors them and will never give them any meaningful nerfs.

Monk healers will dominate you all.

Deleted
    Are Warrior's going to be any viable?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by koaxialus View Post
    Rsham, Rdruid, disco, all very viable. Mages are definitely top class right now, and will continue to do so without any nerfs. Locks require skill but top viable especially with 10% dot buff, and more reliable gate. Rogue without too much nerfs will be very good too. Still not completely sure about hunters, but they won't be as good as right now, but still viable. Ele, retri, enha, feral, probably viable but hard to say, especially with pvp power nerf. Dk's aren't that top viable even right now, with sudden doom nerf, maybe good in some comps.

so healers, rsham, rdruid, disco, rdruid is hardest to play but with shrooms probably very op.

mage, rogue, hunter, lock so pure dps classes are safe bet as always. There might be some new burst comps with ferals, enha, ret, some utility comp with ele or pressure comp with dk. And spriest, of course, will be able to replace lock in some comps and vice versa.
    About rdruid shrooms, u very rarely even have the chance to put them up, but if playing with lock example they are op yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Castozor View Post
    Rogues and mages will still be dominant dps classes because Blizzard still favors them and will never give them any meaningful nerfs.
    Did you see rogues in 5.0? They were barely a class. I find your accusation of favoritism ludicrous.

Deleted

Feeling no love for the Monks

Depends if u mean 2v2, 3v3, bg etc

2v2 the top classes in top 20 positions, feral druid,spriest,hunter and the healers (disc priest,rshammy) there are also ww monks and mages
    but fewer then the first i mentioned
    3v3 Spriest is in almost every top 10 team, there are mages, rogues are around, hunters and from about 10 down u ger ferals and ww monks\
    BG - I didn't check but i recon hunters,locks,mages and Spriests rule

---------- Post added 2013-04-29 at 03:48 PM ----------

forgot the DK, there are several frost and unholy in top 20 2v2, not one rogue though

DD - mage for sure, impending nerf to pvp power raiting won't really affect them enough to put them in line with rest classes. Rogues will remain at top too, suriken nerf won't make or break them (who needs ranged dmg when you can solo nearly anyone once a min). Still no clue about hunters, but they're a safe bet for a long time already. In healer department i still see disc/druid/shaman 3-way tie, especially with RoP nerf.

P.S. If lock buffs will be enough (atm doesn't feel like this) then elems and moonkins will be on the rise too - both specs are really strong, just missing variety of setups to choose from (well mage+elem+heal is insane).

Disco is a popular dance style from the 70's

From Chelor's priest forum post:

10+ Year Old Account

locks will still be garbage after the +10%. the buff is aimed at aff but wont make up for the map / gate changes - aka - the extra 10 on awful pressure doesnt make up for the amount of pressure other classes can put on the lock / his partners. Haunt returning a shard is very good.. but its not game breaking either [unless it returns after duration regardless of dispel... omg that would be nice ^^].

+10 immo isnt enough to put destro into spriest value even with their nerfs.. i'll still play it personally but it shouldn't even be talked about.

rogue / mage / hunter / dks super strong again likely. ferals maybe crazy depending on happens with hybrids.
    shammy tremor / dispel mechanics will keep them on top for 85% o comps yet again, too good.

---------- Post added 2013-04-29 at 05:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathangel View Post
    Depends if u mean 2v2, 3v3, bg etc

2v2 the top classes in top 20 positions, feral druid,spriest,hunter and the healers (disc priest,rshammy) there are also ww monks and mages
    but fewer then the first i mentioned
    3v3 Spriest is in almost every top 10 team, there are mages, rogues are around, hunters and from about 10 down u ger ferals and ww monks\
    BG - I didn't check but i recon hunters,locks,mages and Spriests rule

---------- Post added 2013-04-29 at 03:48 PM ----------

forgot the DK, there are several frost and unholy in top 20 2v2, not one rogue though
    unless i read it wrong - the fire brimstone change will last until you turn it off or run out of embers - this has the potential to be realllllyy nasty in rbgs..people will notice locks not having to use a global inbetween aoe bursts. i heard that the secondary damage is dropping though so it depends.

Quote Originally Posted by kalyan View Post
    No, they'll actually be the worst melee class. A warrior these days is just a Poor Man's DK/Rogue, and the enrage regen change next patch is a joke since an instant 5% healing won't save you since every class can crit for 50k+.

Enhancement shammys will probably even be better then warriors in 5.3 with all the buffs they are getting. WW Monks are getting pretty much a steady 10% damage increase as well. Warriors are going to be in a bad spot even worse then before.
    Last edited by Chingylol; 2013-04-29 at 05:23 PM.

Yea, they'll be a lot better off than on live.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    [/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathangel View Post
    Disco is a popular dance style from the 70's
    laughed so hard. thank you.

My money is on the return of RMP and maybe the rise of windwalker/mage/disc.
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

10+ Year Old Account
    Mage, Rogue, Disc Priest. For real. Shadow Priests nerfed, Hunters nerfed, RMP should be the best 3s comp.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not implying Warriors are OP here (obviously they are far from that compared to other specs/classes), but they are viable as we speak. Either that, or we have different opinions on what 'viable' is.

They'll be viable at 5.3 as well.