Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

So much hit rating problem :(

Hey everyone, just wanna say that today we killed Jikun heroic which was awesome. I got the chest thunderforged heroic then used coin to get the fabled feather trinket yay lucky me thank god.

The problem is though...even after reforging all of my hit rating to haste and mastery I'm still having way too much hit rating at the moment.

This is my armory:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Velshin/simple

The solution is to replace the chest heroic to the tier chest but to be honest I don't see that happening because the chest is still pretty good since it's heroic thunderforged.

So yeah any tips or help will be appreciated thanks in advance.

Deleted
    How about going with the tier shoulders and getting the helmet from Dark Animus to cut off some hit?
    Last edited by mmoc9d64d1cc31; 2013-04-28 at 10:26 PM.

If an upgrade drops use it, it doesn't matter if it puts you over hit cap. It's really easy to get over hit cap this tier so get used to it. Obviously look for ways to get rid of hit, but as long as it's a big strength upgrade even if all the hit is wasted it is usually still a dps increase.

Look at my armory for example, 10.64% hit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was kind of hoping the excessive amounts of +hit would go away with this tier. It's been awful since the release of MoP, in my opinion. I have to reforge away from hit on every single piece of gear on my monk (except for one trinket, I think, that doesn't have any +hit on it). I'm not sure what Blizzard is trying to do. While admit that I hated having to reforge toward hit in times past and I hated even more when I'd come up 0.01% short of cap, I kind of figured this latest tier would move away from the coddling. Now it seems like I'm having to forge away from hit just to find a scrap of expertise.

This could all be solved if Blizzard would change the way reforging works...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbringer View Post
    If an upgrade drops use it, it doesn't matter if it puts you over hit cap. It's really easy to get over hit cap this tier so get used to it. Obviously look for ways to get rid of hit, but as long as it's a big strength upgrade even if all the hit is wasted it is usually still a dps increase.

Also have to agree with this one

10+ Year Old Account
    Luckily my class benifits slightly from extra hit, so it's not a massive issue for me

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah the main reason I changed my chest piece because it's a super major upgrade for me. My previous chest was from mogu'shan spirit king normal to heroic thunderforged Jikun chest. For now my off piece tier will be the chest then I will try to get all of the tier pieces with the exception of chest of course...hopefully it will reduce the current hit rating.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbringer View Post

I noticed your chest piece, you reforged out of haste and in to hit when you are already way over the hit cap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scinder View Post
    I noticed your chest piece, you reforged out of haste and in to hit when you are already way over the hit cap.
    I believe his gear is reforged for tanking. Anyway..

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was pointing it out in case it was a mistake. Move along now.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRaven View Post
    I believe his gear is reforged for tanking. Anyway..
    7.5% is hard cap for hit

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    7.5% is hard cap for hit
    If he's switching out gear between tank and ret set, some of the other pieces might have less hit.

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    If he's switching out gear between tank and ret set, some of the other pieces might have less hit.
    Well straight off he'd lose ~750 hit from swapping his weapon, barring whatever his tank weapon/shield have

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    7.5% is hard cap for hit
    And his 2hander has tons of hit. Not saying he's not anyway over hit.. Just that the current displayed gear could be different than his "normal" ret or prot gear. I can relate, I simetimes go prot with ret gear and only change weapon+shield.
    Last edited by mmocda47e9f641; 2013-04-29 at 09:18 PM.

Deleted
    been quite a few threads on this, happening to everyone. on my hunter even with all my hit reforged im at like 9% hit rating, no hit gems/enchants. theres just an insane amount of hit on the gear this patch

Can we stop critiquing torchbringers gear now?

Until you get your best in slot gear for every slot you are going to have fluctuations in hit and/or expertise it's just what happens when you get upgrades

With hit 2h and feather u will be way above hit cap so i see it as a lack of attention towards ret

+rep to the sole person bright enough to see i'm tanked reforged atm (my tank set doesn't use feather or hit 2 hander). FYI if you want to see if somebody is tank reforged look at their expertise.

Deleted
    Being stuck with massive lump of hit rating from weapon and Ji-Kun trinket I'm on the same boat even after reforging away hit from every piece. The fact that the gear has so many blue sockets doesn't help either.