Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Solzan Nemesis View Post
    I like it and the fact that you are feeling these emotion makes me like it even more. That's story telling. Also why I have over time gain some Horde pride. For me its all ways been sin'dorei pride.

So yes I love that Blizzard can make people feel like this.
    I have to agree with this really, while I do miss some of the faction pride I used to have in the horde, I also think that the fact that you feel like this is in and of itself a good example of good story telling. I too pine for the day when garrosh is taken down and the horde can start it's long process of recovery, but I don't regret that the cataclsym happened, I think after all is said and done, if the horde can drag itself out of this massive ditch, it will be testament to the true strength of the horde.

Also it's possible that might not happen, but atm I have faith in blizzard to tell a good story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Funny you say that, since I killed countless goblins just to get an admiral hat yet the goblins love me thanks to me freeing one single goblin over and over and donating cloth (which they probably used to take care of the wounded from my attacks.

Also, it may cause a problem when interacting with npcs. Which is why Alliance npcs won't love you, and will still attack you on sight. But why would it create problems when dealing with mercenaries that are simply of races that form the Alliance? I mean, Thrall did kill humans, he even did it before getting to the Maelstrom, yet my night elf had no problem dealing with him... sure, you might say the future of the world was at stake... but in Hyjal when his essence was split in 4, it wasn't anymore so much as nobody knew he can use the Demon Soul and whatnot.
    What about the Scryers in Shattrath? They killed draenei, the draenei say that's why they're unhappy... yet you can join them even as a draenei! You can join the Aldor as an orc even after having carried genocide on their race a few years back.
    Goblins breed like rabbits, + they benefit from insurance of ones you killed.
    Besides, do we really need to make warcraft even more pansy than it already is ? I mean at this rate, it will be worse than my little pony before 7.0

I feel that at this point in the game we should be able to become neutral with both factions. Honestly this war has been way to drawn out and should be over by now. Call a truce after Garrosh is killed make one big happy family.

Deleted
    After recent events I've gone form Horde pride to Troll pride. When I first began in Vanilla I didn't like any of the horde races(forsaken was my least favorite). But I did enjoy the horde mentality over alliance, so I chose troll since I loved the forest trolls of WC2. Thrall were my one and only leader up until he left. Garrosh's alienation of other races except orcs(and taurens to some extent) has made me lose pride in the Horde I loved. But it was replaced by Vol'Jins actions of protecting the trolls and keeping Thrall's ideas alive.
    It's hard for me to see how they could reignite my love for the Horde and replace the love for trolls I now feel. Don't think Thrall could bring it back.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't know there was a story attached to wow. Well, okay, I did, but I don't care.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    And all this steamed from cataclysm, when the world was remade and the fundemental changes made to the horde and alliance caused these changes, you know the ones, those that people thought were so cool because they shook up the status-quo? Its not done you any good now has it?
    Technically, this conflict stems from the destruction of oil and mineral resources from The Shattering more than faction roster changes. Garrosh started out on a path of becoming a begrudgingly moderate leader, however, dwindling resources drove him to a more hard-lined approach.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

I think the whole garrosh abuse of other races storyline and subsequent horde civil war was a retarded direction to take the story. As a primarily horde player, I don't like attacking my own faction, civil war is stupid. I might as well just play alliance.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    I have to agree with this really, while I do miss some of the faction pride I used to have in the horde, I also think that the fact that you feel like this is in and of itself a good example of good story telling. I too pine for the day when garrosh is taken down and the horde can start it's long process of recovery, but I don't regret that the cataclsym happened, I think after all is said and done, if the horde can drag itself out of this massive ditch, it will be testament to the true strength of the horde.

Also it's possible that might not happen, but atm I have faith in blizzard to tell a good story.
    Not when the said "pride" comes at the expense of other players IMHO. Great way to ruin your game's community and turn it "toxic".

10+ Year Old Account
    What about an new faction, i don't know. Could be cool... But, for the horde!

Quote Originally Posted by KazWiz View Post
    What about an new faction, i don't know. Could be cool... But, for the horde!
    Realm population problems. Unless they start letting people communicate, group, guild, and trade cross faction then maybe it'd work.

While people have a point that no Alliance capitals have been invaded by players, I would like to repond to the 'why isn't it an alliance character going crazy/evil for a change' sentiment.

Fandral Staghelm. Archbishom Bennedictus. Two prominent Alliance characters that were made evil for Cataclysm. And while you don't get to siege an Alliance city, you did get to DESTROY Theramore. At least UC and Org are still there after the invaions. Theramore was our biggest non capital city and it's a smoking magical crater now. Heck in UC we didn't even fight the Horde proper, we just helped mop up the rogue apothecaries that caused the Wrathgate incident, let Varian yell at Thrall but have neither side ever acknowledge or act upon this conversation again later, and then get teleported out. We even snuck in through the sewers, in UC we didn't really do anything to damage the Horde, we just got rid of your traitors for you. Sounds like Org will be in a bad spot after MoP, but hey at least the city will still be there and you'll be in charge of it again thanks to us.
    Last edited by Florena; 2013-04-29 at 06:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by markdall View Post
    -snipe-
    A lot of people feel the same way about there own Contreras in real life. Also what dose ganking have to do with a lore discussion?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post

Yep. You put it in a much better way then I did.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Not when the said "pride" comes at the expense of other players IMHO. Great way to ruin your game's community and turn it "toxic".
    Indeed, this is the major problem now. With faction conflict Blizzard has transformed people's definition of pride into a war of two sides. The hordies saw they won everywhere in Cataclysm and then went and said "take that you pansy Alliance, you can't win anywhere" starting to see the people playing Alliance as lower since they play the losing faction. Meanwhile, us, on the Alliance side, saw those arguments and grew unhappy, and seeing hordies come and kick us while we were down (let's be honest, there were a few who understood and supported us, but I remember threads like Theramore and whatnot where there were masses of "remember Taurajo, you deserve it" like we hadn't lost Southshore and parts of Gilneas and a bunch more smaller stuff).

So now we're in a part where neither side is happy, since to get one side happy you need to cut from the other's happinnes. This is why a faction war as the main thing was a horrible idea. When you're fighting Arthas or Illidan or the Burning Legion, if you lose a few and then go and kick them all the way to some major super boss you kill there isn't a problem... since both sides are fighting them, and both sides can say "look, we did this, I'm happy my faction got to participate here".

I remember the Wrathgate cinematic, it was one of those moments where I was proud to be Alliance. Even if there weren't all races represented (let's face it, there were mostly just humans and orcs). The way Bolvar held his speech and then the Alliance army sitting there made me proud to be Alliance. And I bet people felt proud to be Horde when they saw that mass of wolf-riders come in and yell all at unison "For the Horde!".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Realm population problems. Unless they start letting people communicate, group, guild, and trade cross faction then maybe it'd work.
    Yeah, you're probably right =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayb View Post
    Why isn't it a Nelf or a Human the one going crazy warmonger for a change? The Alliance has plenty of bad elements as well afterall. Since WoW began, the Alliance side of things has always been extremely boring. Why is there no conflict between their races? They can't surely all be buddy buddy hug hugs can they? Give them some more meat.
    Why isn't it a Nelf or a Human the one going crazy warmonger for a change?
    Arthas, Illidan Stormrage, Fandral Staghelm and Kel'Thuzad say 'hi'.
    Why is there no conflict between their races?
    Fandral Staghelm says 'hi again'. Also, I'm willing to bet my pants that the Council of Three Hammers is going to give us a lot of headache in the near future.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

I know I've already posted my thoughts on this subject but is anyone else wishing the Scourge under Fordring would make a comback as a new faction for the damned, cursed, corrupted and those unforgiven/misunderstood by their race.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by luccadeo View Post
    Call a truce after Garrosh is killed make one big happy family.
    and then turn around and Q up for Warsong Gulch

---------- Post added 2013-04-29 at 10:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lastlivingsoul View Post
    I know I've already posted my thoughts on this subject but is anyone else wishing the Scourge under Fordring would make a comback as a new faction for the damned, cursed, corrupted and those unforgiven/misunderstood by their race.
    sounds like the Forsaken.....

---------- Post added 2013-04-29 at 10:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    , I'm willing to bet my pants that the Council of Three Hammers is going to give us a lot of headache in the near future.
    seeing what happens in 5.3 that dsnt seem as likely anymore
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Lastlivingsoul View Post
    That sounds a lot like the Horde, a group of outcasts banding together for mutual survival. This game doesn't need a third faction and forcing one in would require an even bigger overhaul than Cataclysm brought to the world. It won't happen unless maybe blizz someday makes WoW 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    While people have a point that no Alliance capitals have been invaded by players, I would like to repond to the 'why isn't it an alliance character going crazy/evil for a change' sentiment.

Fandral Staghelm. Archbishom Bennedictus. Two prominent Alliance characters that were made evil for Cataclysm. And while you don't get to siege an Alliance city, you did get to DESTROY Theramore. At least UC and Org are still there after the invaions. Theramore was our biggest non capital city and it's a smoking magical crater now. Heck in UC we didn't even fight the Horde proper, we just helped mop up the rogue apothecaries that caused the Wrathgate incident, let Varian yell at Thrall but have neither side ever acknowledge or act upon this conversation again later, and then get teleported out. We even snuck in through the sewers, in UC we didn't really do anything to damage the Horde, we just got rid of your traitors for you. Sounds like Org will be in a bad spot after MoP, but hey at least the city will still be there and you'll be in charge of it again thanks to us.
    There is big diffrence between fandral and bennedictus and garrosh. While they were both important alliance figures, horde player had no idea who they were. We never seen them we never heard about them. Also while fandral was important to story before, all benedictus ever did was molesting some boys in stromwind. Garrosh on the other hand is leader of horde in the middle of horde's main city. Its really hard to compare it to theramore either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    seeing what happens in 5.3 that dsnt seem as likely anymore
    All that I've seen that happens in 5.3 is that Varian asks for help from the Council of Three Hammers and the only one to agree is the Dark Iron clan. Is there more or that's it? If that's it, I believe that's simply foreshadowing.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...