carved ogre idol on a moonkin now days

one little question,
    i know at the time that druid moonkins shift breaks the ogre costume.
    but now days moonkins have an option to use the glyph of stars which let them keep the humanoid form.

i was wondering if it works also on a druid in moonkin form using that glyph and under the ogre costume.

does triggering the "carved ogre idol" and shifting into moonkin form or first shifting into moonkin form and then triggering the "carved ogre idol" keeps you as an ogre or breaks the ogre costume / the moonkin form ?
    Last edited by john duo; 2013-04-29 at 07:20 AM.

Deleted
    Astral form is a moonkin form so shifting to it will cancel costume, if it is doing without glyph.
    But just guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysoph View Post
    Astral form is a moonkin form so shifting to it will cancel costume, if it is doing without glyph.
    But just guessing.
    astral form is the glyphed moonkin form ,
    my question is , can some one test it ?,
    using the carved ogre idol for the ogre humanoind looks and then switch to astral form (moonkin + glyph) that suppose to keep the humanoind form of the druid (now ogre) and play as a full moonkin ?

would be cool to play an ogre druid if thats true.

Deleted
    Astral form is moonkin form with skin modifier, all other characteristics should remain unchanged.
    So shifting might cancel the effect, same as it does with Mirror.

I think its stupid druids cant keep there "vanity" look items. Everyone else comes to raids as smite (it stays for moonkins NOT ferals so.. probs be nerfed soon!) nogg, dev fish and its like.. why cant druids have it? we cant use them in rated Bgs or arena anyway. so whats the harm its a vanity item for lols.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyzhi View Post
    I think its stupid druids cant keep there "vanity" look items. Everyone else comes to raids as smite (it stays for moonkins NOT ferals so.. probs be nerfed soon!) nogg, dev fish and its like.. why cant druids have it? we cant use them in rated Bgs or arena anyway. so whats the harm its a vanity item for lols.
    it's because the effects of those items are classified as shapeshifts, which conflicts with our own shapeshifts. if they want to change this, they should reclassify our shapeshift forms as stances.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeh it cancelled last time i checked, I'm happy that i play as Resto/Feral so when I'm healing i can do it as an Ogre^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shyzhi View Post

pretty much the only thing i hate about my druid

i love all the model changing items, and will rarely use my original model on my shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Yeh it cancelled last time i checked, I'm happy that i play as Resto/Feral so when I'm healing i can do it as an Ogre^_^
    until you need to use incarnation, or dash, or unglyphed stampede, or MoU :P

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    until you need to use incarnation, or dash, or unglyphed stampede, or MoU :P
    Well...er.... yeh

Quote Originally Posted by john duo View Post
    astral form is the glyphed moonkin form ,
    my question is , can some one test it ?,
    How about you test it and come back and let us know?

There are only two vanity items that works with incarnation/moonkin/astral form for Balance and Resto.

One that transforms you into a tauren: wowhead. com/item=86568

and other of Scholomance: wowhead. com/item=88566/krastinovs-bag-of-horrors

The Leyara's locket used to work on cataclysm, but now shift back when you enter in Moonkin Form

Sorry, cant post links.

10+ Year Old Account
    Same applies to the haunted necklace etc - can't be used #disappointing
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a real shame, because in the MoP Beta, Astral Form worked exactly like Shadowform i.e. you kept your disguises whilst shapeshifted.

Blizzard literally went out of their way to break it.