At this gearing, should be able to clear heroic content?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nturion/simple

I dont think 522 is any more of an upgrade for me.

I would think at such gearing, I should be ready to clear heroic content. I'm really lagging behind on H Horridon till the last phase whilst DKs and Warlocks with lower gearing are melting the adds.

Deleted
    Do you have any logs for the attemted kills and have you tried using bladestorm for that fight?
    your gear is fine for clearing heroic modes.

Embarrassing but here you go:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=4954&e=5385

I dont think theres anything wrong with my rotation. On the same night I had logged this:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1039&e=1310

Deleted
    Can't really see anything wrong with your rotation for horridon, though have in mind that all your fine DPS on horridon comes when he goes berserk after you killed the war god, my personal DPS before killing war-god is about the same if not slightly higher than yours, when he dies your @ about 200 - 230 K depending on your RNG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't phret it on h horridon. Your gear is fine for heroics. We get gibbed final phase because that stupid dino. Other than heroic throw, we have a .5 second cast that is incredibly awkward, making our best phase (execute) lag us behind other classes. I kite it as best I can during execute, but it still sucks having to worry about it when CS is up in execute range.

Does anyone have any tricks for dealing with it btw? I am always too scared to try things that require being remotely close to it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsctt View Post
    Don't phret it on h horridon. Your gear is fine for heroics. We get gibbed final phase because that stupid dino. Other than heroic throw, we have a .5 second cast that is incredibly awkward, making our best phase (execute) lag us behind other classes. I kite it as best I can during execute, but it still sucks having to worry about it when CS is up in execute range.

Does anyone have any tricks for dealing with it btw? I am always too scared to try things that require being remotely close to it.
    Strafe around horridon on max range and save heroic leap for the ground sheit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does the WW glyph make it so a WW will hit the dino before it hits you? Thought about trying that as well

Quote Originally Posted by sjsctt View Post
    we have a .5 second cast that is incredibly awkward
    Don't really see the problem unless some retard with charge decides to not move at a bad moment. You can easily throw them a couple times to get enough time for your recklessness.

Throw isnt on the GCD so you can actually use it between every gcd and theoretically not lose any dps. Usually doesn't work out that perfectly in practice but considering its off the gcd and doesnt cost any resources, throw is actually really good for the keeping the dino away.

Use the WW glyph. Hits the dino before it reaches you.

/cast [target=dinos exact name] Taunt

Won't be quite enough on its own, but it'll cut the amount of throws you need to do in half.
    Last edited by Tearyn; 2013-04-29 at 11:34 PM.

I think horridon is a badly designed fight. Normal no big deal because dps from 150k jumps to 250k at end of fight and nobody notices. In heroic progression when you are wiping at the adds phase, I constantly get flak from raid leader or warlock "you guys need to dps harder" I'm like squishing my keys till my wrists are numb . I tried explaining to RL that my dps will come at the execute phase but obviously it doesn't matter when the adds phase is key.

I gladly sit out horridon progression since I don't get loot from that boss. Now, I've been told to level either a warlock or DK as alternate for fights like horridon.

I'm not sure if its better to skip horridon and do H mageara instead since we have a melee heavy setup? What you guys suggest?

I heard horridon gets much easier if you have the right setup . Badly designed fight imo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by senturion View Post
    I think horridon is a badly designed fight. Normal no big deal because dps from 150k jumps to 250k at end of fight and nobody notices. In heroic progression when you are wiping at the adds phase, I constantly get flak from raid leader or warlock "you guys need to dps harder" I'm like squishing my keys till my wrists are numb . I tried explaining to RL that my dps will come at the execute phase but obviously it doesn't matter when the adds phase is key.

I gladly sit out horridon progression since I don't get loot from that boss. Now, I've been told to level either a warlock or DK as alternate for fights like horridon.

I'm not sure if its better to skip horridon and do H mageara instead since we have a melee heavy setup? What you guys suggest?

I heard horridon gets much easier if you have the right setup . Badly designed fight imo
    Every fight is a pain with to much melee in the group. 1 melee is ideal and 2 is manageble.