Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by McTurbo View Post
    wrong. just dont allow Chinese players to play on American servers (and vise versa). if someone from china logs over to American server .. repeatedly on different servers, making different names that are made up of random letters.. you got a gold farmer on your hands..
    Sure because there is absolutely no way to circumvent the geoip system.
    The only way of getting rid of gold selling can be via ingame action and blizzard definitely isn't willing to invest that kind of money it would require.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McTurbo View Post
    wrong. just dont allow Chinese players to play on American servers (and vise versa). if someone from china logs over to American server .. repeatedly on different servers, making different names that are made up of random letters.. you got a gold farmer on your hands..

you can tell when i'm on the road in my semi and make me change my password at every other truck stop but you cant stop another country from logging into and interfering with our servers.. yea.. i dont buy it.
    Most of them use VPN's to mask where they are actually logging in from so blocking Chinese IP blocks does absolutely nothing to help the matter. The only thing that will stop the Billion dollar a year industry is to make it where gold is not tradeable to other players...and that would kill the AH and any other ways for players to make gold with professions and such. Now, if people stopped buying gold, the businesses would stop but that will not happen when there are those to cheap to earn their own way in the game that throws gold at you already.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.