So how do YOU Wushoolay?

Sounds like a dance...

Whats your spec, and what do you do when you see that magic icon appear?

I was going to post about Wushoolay's too, but I think I'll just add it here.

I just got it last night. Only had one fight with it (Tortos, you bastard... so much raid damage.). It's my first RPPM trinket and tbh, I hate RPPM with a passion. So unpredictable. My Relic of Yu Lon might be underpowered these days, but damn that thing was reliable as hell. You could line up Dark Soul with it very very easily.

As affliction, I'm trying to time the dot refreshes so that when Wushoolay's is at max power, the 3 dots will be at just over 50% of their time left. That means single casting Agony when there's 12 seconds left, Corruption when there's 9 seconds left and beginning to cast UA when there's 7-8 seconds left. Then at 1 second left, I SB:SS to get a 150% length dot with max power. The added bonus to doing it like this is you're refreshing these dots when they're maximally powerful at the time too. i.e. refreshing agony with 12 seconds left will give you 12 seconds of +5k intel dot.

My question is... at the pull, do you cast Dark Soul immediately or do you wait for Wushoolay's to proc before casting it? Since DS lasts 20 seconds and Wushoolay's lasts 20 seconds (with the last 2 seconds being the most important), if you cast DS at the pull, then you're missing out on the chance for both procs to land at the same time with Wushoo's at max power.

If you do delay DS at the pull... how patient are you? Will you wait 30 seconds? a minute? (see this is why I hate RPPM).

Deleted
    As affliction I feel that RPPM trinkets add alot more fluent gameplay.. while as demo or destro they destroy it.

ATM I am using UVLS and Wushoolay's, the maxed procs have the same weight. Nearly.
    Last edited by mmoce7431826d4; 2013-04-29 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by schmearcampain View Post
    I was going to post about Wushoolay's too, but I think I'll just add it here.

I just got it last night. Only had one fight with it (Tortos, you bastard... so much raid damage.). It's my first RPPM trinket and tbh, I hate RPPM with a passion. So unpredictable. My Relic of Yu Lon might be underpowered these days, but damn that thing was reliable as hell. You could line up Dark Soul with it very very easily.

As affliction, I'm trying to time the dot refreshes so that when Wushoolay's is at max power, the 3 dots will be at just over 50% of their time left. That means single casting Agony when there's 12 seconds left, Corruption when there's 9 seconds left and beginning to cast UA when there's 7-8 seconds left. Then at 1 second left, I SB:SS to get a 150% length dot with max power. The added bonus to doing it like this is you're refreshing these dots when they're maximally powerful at the time too. i.e. refreshing agony with 12 seconds left will give you 12 seconds of +5k intel dot.

My question is... at the pull, do you cast Dark Soul immediately or do you wait for Wushoolay's to proc before casting it? Since DS lasts 20 seconds and Wushoolay's lasts 20 seconds (with the last 2 seconds being the most important), if you cast DS at the pull, then you're missing out on the chance for both procs to land at the same time with Wushoo's at max power.

If you do delay DS at the pull... how patient are you? Will you wait 30 seconds? a minute? (see this is why I hate RPPM).
    Unless you're chain pulling it WILL proc on the pull. I never delay DS and I'm always able to snapshot Wush at 10 stacks with DS and Breath of the Hydra up.

Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post
    Sounds like a dance...

Heres the weak aura:

Code:
    dGtddaGEjv1UuQQTjPSpsvAMGG5kfZgu3uPu3wu2PKSxQDd1pfHHjO(nsdLufxMy4k5GKQ6XKYXaPZbcTqjWsvkzXsQYYH8qLIEQQLjIEUIdtYuLQjl00rDrjY5fPEMe11ryJsQ0Pb2SaBxq6Zi6RkvAAsOVligPsH)kQgTuA8sqoPi5wsqDnsL7jPIVPuLXbIETsfBOU7d8tHzbfO0KMuAu808LadNxPycKKdbazlJbyYeHkiyQk6p(OYHH6N5h9JU7hqX8b1xCvYI(Wuv0DFefwC3pJaMbUB2SzFKqcO4E6L4d0Oy)0jccgHDvzDqCFilMmjK6GQRwsD(fkrqWiSRlKqHyyD60LSynitcT8E1CqHlw2xfJagqXk4Cgbijf04UzFmrwhbijf04kO(kngqXJ7(dRqS7(rAojmnexp)inFOe4OlWptMrrk5C6L4V7gPUEkTL)qjWr)uywqbknPr)ymbEA2vu7OpbsnnBlrGQ5ucCCA0hG2GIW7NTk7hP5zYmksXf4pucCmxRvHXcS)2QHfKzZ(GOFietlL6ZiajPGC3hRYKXDxb1VeSOXiqaqIM9jgztkbMDb(Aucm7VNVgLaZjwcsXuKVERJVgXW0S8wqu8zqMen7hciYTUQwyFfgKPyaf7U)Wke7UpNEj(lKmc7VqYiS)adIctxM9ZuaS7(C6L4VqYiS)cjJW(lc4rm7haWGP1DFo9s8xize2FHKry)avumB2VvaKTSRQf2FyL2oJEOam7VzPQEPTm7RC3VeSOXiqaqI(PWSGcuAstknkEA(sGHZRumbsYHaGSLXamzIqfemvfn7hQRGwmCyZ2a
    The weakaura goes off with an audible airhorn at 7 stacks: I like advanced warning personally of when its about to get 10 stacks, adjust accordingly. Once 10 stacks are up SB SoulSwap or recast dots as you feel fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Livendula View Post
    Unless you're chain pulling it WILL proc on the pull. I never delay DS and I'm always able to snapshot Wush at 10 stacks with DS and Breath of the Hydra up.
    If you know it will proc at the pull, wouldn't it be smarter to delay DS until after you get the dots up and it procs? If you cast DS first, and Wush procs 3 seconds later, then the last 2 seconds of the proc won't be additionally buffed by DS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post
    Sounds like a dance...

I bandage when it appears.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Continue my normal rotation if I was about to ember dump and then dump embers instead when I get to 6 stacks.

Also I have a weak aura's macro written that puts a huge glowing circular rune on my screen that also tracks the progress of the buff's stacks, so I never miss a cooldown.

Also I always try and get an immolate out at ten stacks.

I wish I had a better idea of how the RPPM trinkets proc so I could write some kind of "Wushu might be up. ... now? ... Okay Maybe now?! .... Or ...now!" kind of thing, so that I could reliably track the proc chances and maybe hold off dark soul if it has a chance to come up soon.
    Signature Nazi's suck.

I love this trinket for Destro.

Using a weak aura showing stacks is a must. (I think it was Woz who posted the first one. Thank you)

At the pull get down RoF pronto to help ember gen. It's very likely that you will get off 4 super charged Chaosbolts.

If this trinket procs while I'm swimming in embers, I will use a backdraft charge or two in order to get more Chaosbolts in under it's effects.
    Last edited by Grizelda; 2013-04-30 at 02:13 PM.

Destruction:
    As a few other people have said, my rotation doesn't tend to change before 6 stacks, and then at 6 stacks I start tunneling Chaos Bolts. I'm not sure whether or not I should ignore Rain of Fire during this part, but it might be a better idea if it means getting another Chaos Bolt in.

Affliction:
    Snapshot the 10-stack with a SB-SS and spam Haunt/MG until the awesome-buff DOTs are running out.

Demonology:
    Pop demon form at 6 stacks and spam ToC or SF until 10 stacks, then refresh Doom before stack falls off. (I sometimes stop at 9 stacks when I want to refresh Doom for a longer duration)
    Carp - Illidan-US
    I wish I wish I was a fish.
    My rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Carp The Fish View Post
    Destruction:
    As a few other people have said, my rotation doesn't tend to change before 6 stacks, and then at 6 stacks I start tunneling Chaos Bolts. I'm not sure whether or not I should ignore Rain of Fire during this part, but it might be a better idea if it means getting another Chaos Bolt in.

Affliction:
    Snapshot the 10-stack with a SB-SS and spam Haunt/MG until the awesome-buff DOTs are running out.

Demonology:
    Pop demon form at 6 stacks and spam ToC or SF until 10 stacks, then refresh Doom before stack falls off. (I sometimes stop at 9 stacks when I want to refresh Doom for a longer duration)
    I'd imagine it's not a dps loss to double apply doom at 9 stacks instead of a single application at 10.
    Signature Nazi's suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Filth the Warlock View Post
    ATM I am using UVLS and Wushoolay's
    Is this a better combo than Breath/Cha-Yes + UVLS for Affliction? SimCraft BiS profile uses that combo, but I don't know how well it models Wush since when I sim it with my current gear (Heroic Wush + UVLS), it comes out as a loss compared to Breath (TForged) + UVLS.

Quote Originally Posted by Carp The Fish View Post
    Demonology:
    What about HoG weaving so you get a double stack of supercharged Shadowflame ? Could do that and get Doom up if you time it right ... second HoG is cast and you pop to meta at 9, Doom, 10 stacks, Doom again.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm using it I got lucky and got it on a roll and it was thunder forged!

Using it with "Breath of the Hydra" .

When I see it pop and gets to 7 stacks I pop jade pot + DS and watch my 800K CB hit my target (and havoc another target if there is one)