Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavett View Post
    after looking through official wow board, people mention that apparently it was implemented to battle mount dupers.
    it might be ok as a temporary workaround hotfix, but definitely needs to be solved with a major

Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    Completely server dependent, and from my experience also has the most competition for sales.

I still make the majority of my profits from transmutes. Uncut gems sell for almost the same as cut versions, and sell much, much faster with less undercutting.
    I have serious problems with selling uncut gems on my server (High Pop). I can post 20 uncuts at a time and it will take at least 48 hours to sell all of them, being very competitive.

I have had bad luck with it. I get undercut by crazy amounts takes me forever to sell them all

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Imo the time spend actually shuffling the ore into sellable materials is time that could be spend making better gold in other sources.

Unless you are farming the ore yourself, or buying it ridiculously cheap, it's not as great a cash cow as it used to be, considering the ease at which you can make gold in other areas of the game.

Remember, time is money, friend.
    First you say "unless you farm the ore yourself" and then you say that time is money?

Quote Originally Posted by Doujinshi View Post
    I have had bad luck with it. I get undercut by crazy amounts takes me forever to sell them all
    that's why you need addons like tradeskillmaster to make this work. both jc and ench usually have a lot of competition and you need to sell big amounts to make it worth your while.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doujinshi View Post
    simply buy the ores when they are cheap and sell the gems during peak time (weekends and raiding days).
    if your server isnt extremely empty, this will work since the ore prices will skyrocket on peak times and you can still sell them for high profit by undercutting. key is to know how much a gem costs you.
    if you however expect to sell all gems on of days by posting them once midday you cannot expect much.

my biggest profits come on tuesdays, when everyone can grind more conquest and are upgrading their pvp gear!

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    on my server tuesday is the "buy all the mats" day and on wed/thurs comes the high profit (people here tend to cap and do raids asap, so gems will sell mostly on these days)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destard View Post
    on my server tuesday is the "buy all the mats" day and on wed/thurs comes the high profit (people here tend to cap and do raids asap, so gems will sell mostly on these days)
    which is practically the same as the guy above you said. tuesday is golden in the us, wednesday in the eu.

Mal'ganius US here;

I probably used less than 200 stacks yesterday.
    Walked in with 3k gold - Walked out with 6k.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kalo View Post
    which is practically the same as the guy above you said. tuesday is golden in the us, wednesday in the eu.
    well yeah, didn't think about that :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Back a few months ago I could make 100k in profit or more from just jc and ench on a tue night, today it is just a fraction of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Imo the time spend actually shuffling the ore into sellable materials is time that could be spend making better gold in other sources.

Unless you are farming the ore yourself, or buying it ridiculously cheap, it's not as great a cash cow as it used to be, considering the ease at which you can make gold in other areas of the game.

Remember, time is money, friend.
    Also depends on if your enchanter and JC are the same character. IMHO.. the enchanting part of it is gone. Enchanting mats and enchants are just too cheap to be worth it. Probably because of our ability to ´upgrade´ dusts this expansion. In my case, it definitely wasn´t worth sending jewelry to my enchanter.

I am just cutting common gems, selling the perfects and vendoring the normals. The agi rings sell good, so I always keep about 5 of them on hand to sell (ie, I don´t cut the purple gems).

I made a ton of gold selling the gems I got from learning new gems.

It is a bit random and it will take a few weeks because you can get so many gems (and strictly speaking it cost more since it takes 3 gems for 2 random gems) but if you can farm the Zandalari Warbringers you will get more ore then you can possibly use.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    It works very well on my server.

Ever since the removal of PvP Resilence on gear, PvP gems went up from 30g to 200g+ on my server, with all other gems evening out at about 100g a gem. Life is good..

I'm so glad I spent the weekend prospecting. I've sold gems for more than 100k on two realms combined today.