Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    In theory DB is higher dps than fervor for SV.. but that is considering it gets 100% uptime.. which isn't always possible.. But if it does, it is definitely superior to Fervor.. The argument for fervor is two fold.. one that it balanced out the focus cost of AMoC plus giving on demand burst focus for occasional aoe windows and SrS gaming with rentaki etc.. and the other one being the extra pet focus which would mean more pet specials.. That coupled with the fact that DB might not always get all it's attacks off, are the reasons why most people choose fervor..

With the new blink strike though, that extra pet focus would be even more beneficial due to the increased pet damage.. The only drawback of fervor without AMoC that I can see is that you won't cast as many cobra shots.. which normally would be a good thing, but due to our 2 pc, it ends up being not as good.. we still do wanna cast enough cobra shots.. So it's definitely debatable whether the extra pet focus would be worth it..

I'm personally seeing a 320 dps loss with BS over AMoC.. And in practice that will end up being a gain I reckon.. Also, a 1.3k dps boost if I use BS + DB as SV.. as opposed to BS + Fervor.. Which in theory is the same as now.. I guess DB will continue to be superior so long as you get 100% uptime..

But i'm curious to see how that pet focus from Fervor synergizes with BM.. With pets already doing so much dps compared to ourselves, with the extra pet dmg from blink strink the gap would be even smaller.. pets will probably end up doing more dmg than ourselves.. I doubt that it'll end up doing more than the mastery boosted DB's.. but we'll see.. I'm seeing a 3k dps loss for using fervor as BM though..

I'd like to see how it plays out, but with haste>mastery>crit priority reforge, blink strike changes and beast cleave buff should put BM competitive both single target and AOE dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by Saoron View Post
    The only drawback of fervor without AMoC that I can see is that you won't cast as many cobra shots.. which normally would be a good thing, but due to our 2 pc, it ends up being not as good.. we still do wanna cast enough cobra shots
    As long as you cast at least 1 cobra shot every 10 seconds, your proc rate from the 2pc will remain relatively static. The RPPM mechanic adjusts the proc rate automatically to compensate for the frequency of proc chances, but it caps at 10 seconds.

Deleted
    Blink strikes or crows for survival ?

Quote Originally Posted by fusio View Post
    Blink strikes or crows for survival ?
    femaledwarf.com 5.3 changes are alrdy there

10+ Year Old Account
    BS and DB are doing better for me than amoc & fervor

Quote Originally Posted by Stridur View Post
    Me too.. thanks for the tip brah!

Deleted
    How many bosses does blink strikes cause the pet to do stupid stuff, get stuck, despawn or not use it's basic attacks?

That is the real question.

Blink Strikes is .......... amazing. I strongly recommend it. Did 200k on durumu heroic and the added burst we get is nice to help kill adds quicker. You don't really get that burst on secondary targets with lynx or amoc.

Quote Originally Posted by Stridur View Post
    DB always simmed better than Fervor though, at least for me.

blink strike looking pretty good, pet out dpsing me on Lei Shen progression

i just simd 1912.83 dps loss switching from AMoC to BS.

Is it not worth it if i do not have enough haste?

514 with a haste of 5618
    Last edited by Barrowwind; 2013-05-22 at 06:24 AM.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jubb View Post
    How many bosses does blink strikes cause the pet to do stupid stuff, get stuck, despawn or not use it's basic attacks?

That is the real question.
    I don't know about getting stuck, but I kept dealing with my pet not using it's basic attack. I think I'm going to have to make all my main abilities a macro with /cast Claw/Bite.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrowwind View Post
    i just simd 1912.83 dps loss switching from AMoC to BS.

Is it not worth it if i do not have enough haste?

514 with a haste of 5618
    Are you using SimC? it listed a 3k loss for me, albeit I'm in mediocre gear, haha. Use FD for now, SimC doesn't have it up. I also just timed it....it's actually pretty random, sometimes he does it 1 second after using it, and sometimes ~4-5, sometimes halfway to the target, shrug.

---------- Post added 2013-05-21 at 11:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ryas View Post
    I don't know about getting stuck, but I kept dealing with my pet not using it's basic attack. I think I'm going to have to make all my main abilities a macro with /cast Claw/Bite.
    I had no problem with it, albeit it didn't use bite/etc immediately, it did use it about a second after it ports.
    Last edited by Hayro1; 2013-05-22 at 06:48 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    Foreveralone Lynx Rush is picked by No One
    Same with Powershot really. But that's for another discussion...

BS has been a pretty substantial loss for me over aMoC now that I've had a night raiding with it as Survival. It's nice to lose a bloated cooldown with a crappy focus cost but imo it's not worth the 2-4k DPS I'm losing. I thought maybe BS would pull ahead on longer fights that would allow it do more damage overall than aMoC but it's just not happening.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    BS has been a pretty substantial loss for me over aMoC now that I've had a night raiding with it as Survival. It's nice to lose a bloated cooldown with a crappy focus cost but imo it's not worth the 2-4k DPS I'm losing. I thought maybe BS would pull ahead on longer fights that would allow it do more damage overall than aMoC but it's just not happening.
    BS will generally be better on any fight, for any spec, that requires killing secondary targets quickly. But if you need more boss dps, then amoc will be best (except for BM). Although given player error, and no boss is a straight up patchwerk, the two talents are most likely very close in terms of dps and the 2-4k loss could be from rppm RNG. No idea where to put lynx in now. Maybe AOE but it's not enough to matter.
    Last edited by Libertarian; 2013-05-22 at 12:16 PM.

Blink Strikes simmed lower for me too... but in game, when I picked it with Dire Beast, I pulled 20k DPS more than my previous high on Durumu normal last night. Granted... I did have my items upgrades and AP buff. But 20k is a HUGE difference. Oh.... I also died that kill attempt too because we decided to 3 heal it lol. Well 3.5 cause the monk has like 480 ilevel lol.

I believe sims are some how calculating Blink Strikes wrong. The night before, my pet was doing 22k DPS. Last night my pet was doing almost 35k DPS with Blink Strikes. That's a 13k DPS increase. Again.. I don't know if the AP buff and item upgrades can contribute to that much of a boost.

I know I'm all over the place with this post.. sorry about that. Since I haven't done full testing yet I just post this with a disclaimer that it has not been fully tested for 5.3. These are averages...

5.2 with Fervor and AMoC
    Pet DPS - 22k
    AMoC DPS - 5k

5.3 with Dire Beast and Blink Strikes (AP Buff and item upgrades)
    Pet DPS - 35k
    Dire Beast DPS - 8k DPS

Again.... its hard to measure with AP buff and item upgrades, but you cannot deny the huge difference there. I'll do some more testing... hopefully tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Puerto View Post
    Blink Strikes simmed lower for me too... but in game, when I picked it with Dire Beast, I pulled 20k DPS more than my previous high on Durumu normal last night. Granted... I did have my items upgrades and AP buff. But 20k is a HUGE difference. Oh.... I also died that kill attempt too because we decided to 3 heal it lol. Well 3.5 cause the monk has like 480 ilevel lol.

I believe sims are some how calculating Blink Strikes wrong. The night before, my pet was doing 22k DPS. Last night my pet was doing almost 35k DPS with Blink Strikes. That's a 13k DPS increase. Again.. I don't know if the AP buff and item upgrades can contribute to that much of a boost.

I know I'm all over the place with this post.. sorry about that. Since I haven't done full testing yet I just post this with a disclaimer that it has not been fully tested for 5.3. These are averages...

5.2 with Fervor and AMoC
    Pet DPS - 22k
    AMoC DPS - 5k

5.3 with Dire Beast and Blink Strikes (AP Buff and item upgrades)
    Pet DPS - 35k
    Dire Beast DPS - 8k DPS

Again.... its hard to measure with AP buff and item upgrades, but you cannot deny the huge difference there. I'll do some more testing... hopefully tonight.

What was your personal DPS - pet, because your pet damage is higher due to BS being a pet ability. AMoC usually counts toward the players DPS. So, though your pets damage was higher did your personal DPS go down.