10+ Year Old Account

5.3 Hunter pvp changes

• Scatter Shot now shares diminishing returns with Freezing Trap and Wyvern Sting.
    • Blink Strike has been renamed Blink Strikes and turned into a passive ability. The pet's Basic Attacks deal 50% increased damage, can now be used from 30 yards away, and will instantly cause the pet to teleport behind their target.
    • Intimidation is now a level-30 talent available to all Hunter specializations and no longer learned by Beast Mastery Hunters at level 20.
    • PvP 2-piece set bonus has been redesigned. Using Arcane Shot now causes the Hunter's PvP Power to increase by 800 for 6 seconds.

Im not feeling any of these changes, your thoughts

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not really feeling the changes either. I mean, I'm not a PvPer by any means, but when someone jumps me, I can scatter shot and get them to screw off. So, I feel for the PvPers out there. /hug

Deleted
    Hunters used to require a lot of skill and finesse, nowadays it's just brute force and endless cc (both of which resettable with readiness). Double bestial wrath (double trinket), double deterrence, double scatter/trap/silencing, double instant 30% heal.

In the past this was acceptable, because hunters had a minimum range, no self heals and they couldn't have bestial wrath and silencing and readiness at the same time.

It was obvious that something had to go, and be thankful it's not the double bestial wrath or the undocumented bestial wrath pvp trinket effect.

much needed nerfs.

The 5.3 hunter changes doesn't bother me much. The 2-piece set bonus change feels weird tho... Might aswell just give hunters 800 more baseline pvppower:P

Looking forward to having both Binding shot and silencing shot on my MM!

Deleted
    whats the current 2 set bonus? 800 pvp power seems pretty low. im glad i dont pvp on my hunter really, looks like they are going to suck next patch, more free kills for my rogue hunters can go back to being a free kill for me <3 thanks blizzard

I could have taken everything there in stride.
    But scatter trap, something we've had for ages? no, you don't mess with that. Nerf the recently added pet cc abilities, nerf bestial wraths double trinket, but you don't mess with the scatter trap, unless you give something in return, like freezing trap becoming targetted ala polymorph.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    whats the current 2 set bonus? 800 pvp power seems pretty low. im glad i dont pvp on my hunter really, looks like they are going to suck next patch, more free kills for my rogue hunters can go back to being a free kill for me <3 thanks blizzard
    3200 Pvp power when rapid fire is active

I don't think hunters will suck next patch. We still have alot of control and damage!

Quote Originally Posted by Gnimmels View Post

I don't think hunters will suck next patch. We still have alot of control and damage!
    Which under the new PvP Power formula would be only an 8% dmg increase, which might actually be part of the reason they changed it. A burst set bonus that only gives you 8% more dmg is pretty sad IMO. This new one is 2% dmg increase basically 100% of the time you're in combat.

It should increase your overall dmg in pvp while sacrificing some of the ever precious burst that hunters had before.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnimmels View Post

im not sure if hunters will suck or not, but i already find them a walk in the park on my rogue, though rogues are crazy overpowered right now so every class is easy for me basically.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    im not sure if hunters will suck or not, but i already find them a walk in the park on my rogue, though rogues are crazy overpowered right now so every class is easy for me basically.
    what? Did you just say.... Rogues? OP?!? Quick! Catch HIM! He is the chosen one!

Quote Originally Posted by Abysal View Post
    Which under the new PvP Power formula would be only an 8% dmg increase, which might actually be part of the reason they changed it. A burst set bonus that only gives you 8% more dmg is pretty sad IMO. This new one is 2% dmg increase basically 100% of the time you're in combat.

It should increase your overall dmg in pvp while sacrificing some of the ever precious burst that hunters had before.
    I don't disagree with you there. I actually don't think any set bonuses should have anything to do with pvp power at all. It feels wrong.

I get that blizzard wants to tone down burst, and i support it, but then they should rework the set bonus completely, instead of this weird new compensation we are getting.

They are changing the 2 piece in 5.3 btw. 800 pvp power is accurate. It's something like every time you arcane shot your pvp power is increased by 800 for like 8 seconds or something.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

I guess Hunters not being at the bottom of representation for once in three expansions was throwing the cosmic balance of reality as we know it out of sync.

Deleted
    Now it's time to get rid of the trap arming time. Hunters didn't have that initially, this nerf was introduced in BC or maybe even in classic, can't remember.

Time to remove it. Traps should trigger instantly again. Why do we have to pre-CC in order to land the main-CC?!

Quote Originally Posted by Gregz21 View Post
    Hunters used to require a lot of skill and finesse, nowadays it's just brute force and endless cc (both of which resettable with readiness). Double bestial wrath (double trinket), double deterrence, double scatter/trap/silencing, double instant 30% heal.

In the past this was acceptable, because hunters had a minimum range, no self heals and they couldn't have bestial wrath and silencing and readiness at the same time.

It was obvious that something had to go, and be thankful it's not the double bestial wrath or the undocumented bestial wrath pvp trinket effect.
    Why do I read this and think you do not know what other classes are doing with their burst and CC.... Chaos Bolt, Mages instant (ice lance) for 70k... Wars... dont act biased to hunters without looking at other classes. And all the ones I mentioned have stuns and many other CCs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I understood their reasoning for changing blink strike...nerf on-demand burst. I could deal with that considering our pet could still have the ability and it wasn't gone forever.

I'm not happy at all with the scatter/trap change, seeing as it's not even always a reliable CC as it is now. Sure, I might actually trap the person I'm trying to trap...or, they might get out of the scatter shot before the trap arms and never actually get hit by the trap, or the scatter might make them walk away from where I land the trap, or it might trap their damn ghost iron dragonling that just spawned instead of them! I don't understand why they even felt they needed to make that specific change. It doesn't count as nerfing an instant CC chain if you nerf the part that isn't instant.

Really not happy with the intimidation change. What on earth would make them think it was a good idea to put it on the same tier as silencing shot? Who will ever take intimidation over silencing shot? They want people to have talent choices, there is no choice there.

The set bonus I can live with. I often forget to hit rapid fire for the boost (bad hunter, bad!), but I get a lot of arcane shot procs so sometimes I tend to spam that. At least with the change I'll be getting more benefit from my set bonus.

I'm honestly getting frustrated with the game a little bit at this point. I haven't looked forward to a single patch since MoP launched. When I came back to the game a few months in, I wanted to try out monk healing in PvE and I quite enjoyed it...patch rolls in, nerfed to the ground. So I went back to my faithful priest main that I've had for years...next patch rolls in, nerfed to the ground. Get tired of healing and want to try out a dps class, level a hunter because it seems like a fun choice...really get into PvP...next patch rolls in, nerfed to the ground. >.<

I suppose I just need to either roll a mage (never gets nerfed) or choose a class that is always in a bad spot, so I won't be disappointed when the next patch comes.
    Last edited by Rivellana; 2013-04-30 at 06:12 PM.

Don't forget the +10% to AP. Coupled with a constant 800 PvP power, we should have some pretty nice sustained dps. Binding shot + Silencing shot = hello MM for 5.3!

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    They are changing the 2 piece in 5.3 btw. 800 pvp power is accurate. It's something like every time you arcane shot your pvp power is increased by 800 for like 8 seconds or something.
    Oh...well that's good, since it's ALLLLLLLL THE FECKING TIME -.-

Will 5.3 make hunters slightly more fun to play, possibly. Will I play my hunter? Nothx.
    Last edited by Anium; 2013-05-02 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anium View Post
    Oh...well that's good, since it's ALLLLLLLL THE FECKING TIME -.-

Will 5.3 make hunters slightly more fun to play, possibly. Will I play my hunter? Nothx.
    Yeah, it's just reducing the burst potential of hunters.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart