Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Oh come on. One class (possibly specc specific?) out of 11 can survive it (a tank paladin could survive the first with AD, but wouldn't kill Mando before the second). Let's all reroll effing Monks for farming a single mount.

I'm not backing down. It is still impossible for pretty much anybody to reliably survive enough Decapitates to beat the boss.
    Monks weren't the only class capable of soloing -.- DK's aswell, druids could as well, though they did need pala symbiosis

Oh come on. One class (possibly specc specific?) out of 11 can survive it (a tank paladin could survive the first with AD, but wouldn't kill Mando before the second). Let's all reroll effing Monks for farming a single mount.

I'm not backing down. It is still impossible for pretty much anybody to reliably survive enough Decapitates to beat the boss.
    Bubble > AD > BoP. Pretty sure theres more than a minute between decapitate 1 and 3.

You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikjak View Post
    druids could as well, though they did need pala symbiosis
    So Druids could solo as long as they weren't soloing alone?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Bubble > AD > BoP. Pretty sure theres more than a minute between decapitate 1 and 3.

You're welcome.
    How reliable is the timer between the Decapitate casts?

---------- Post added 2013-05-01 at 05:47 PM ----------

Monks weren't the only class capable of soloing -.- DK's aswell, druids could as well, though they did need pala symbiosis
    Requiring Symbiosis means they couldn't solo it...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    So Druids could solo as long as they weren't soloing alone?
    As far as i know it was the only way for druids to solo it, but it is possible to get the symbiosis without being in a party with anyone. I've sometimes still had it active after a bg.

As far as i know it was the only way for druids to solo it, but it is possible to get the symbiosis without being in a party with anyone. I've sometimes still had it active after a bg.
    That's like "solo-ing" after getting your friends to buff you with PW-Fort, Mage Intelligence, Blessing of Kings, Blessing of Might and Battle Shout.

So wait, does this mean Pet Classes need to keep aggro on themselves instead of their pets to prevent Decapitate?
    It's called turning off autocast on Taunt.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think people are talking about legitimate soloing, not either having to be in a group with someone or using a bug

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    I think people are talking about legitimate soloing, not either having to be in a group with someone or using a bug
    I agree. And its my fault for not making it clear from the start, i simply wanted to mention them

Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed Massani View Post
    It's called turning off autocast on Taunt.
    One, it's "Growl"
    And yes, I know that. I guess it'd be more of an issue back with minimum range (having to kite in that space), but I'm a little worried about the Bloodletting ability. We'll see. It may end up being easier to work out the timing better on the Snake Traps.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

I've done this solo several times as a frost mage. Just pull doing as much damage without cooldowns as you can then 10 seconds in iceblock the decapitate.
    Immediately cold snap then pop your cooldowns if you need to use alter time for his drain life ability if hes not dead by then you have another ice block up in time for his 2nd decapitate. Don't waste dps on his raptor just focus the boss the entire time.

Deleted
    It has been doable by enhance shams since 5.2. with bursting him down before he even does decap.
    I know it might sound ridiculous but it is possible with every cd and haste build. The buffed primal fire elemental alone can do 1,5mil to him in that 15~ seconds. Also as he does the enrage thingy at around 20%, you get few extra seconds before decap. But anyways this makes it easier if this is true.

Been soloing him on my Warlock for a few weeks now.

1) Be Demo with Grim Service, Soul Leech and Dark Bargain

2) 520 ish iLvl (526 atm)

3) Have as many buffs as you can get. I just use vendor food and my alchemist's flask/Crystal of Insanity. Soul Stone yourself.

4) Pre pot, drop an Infernal and Shadowbolt to spawn an extra Wild Imp

5) As soon as he's engaged, cast Corruption, use your Dark Soul/Grim Service cd and spam Touch of Chaos

6) As soon as he lunges at you, use Dark Bargain. He should be close to dead.

7) Pop Twilight Ward to migitate one tick (combined with Soul Leech's shield) and hope that he's dead.

Deleted
    that is good news

That's like "solo-ing" after getting your friends to buff you with PW-Fort, Mage Intelligence, Blessing of Kings, Blessing of Might and Battle Shout.
    So like a lot of WF solo's were done. You're being stubborn when you've been told how 3/5 of the named specs can solo it. All that's left is warrs and druids. Druids can solo "with clever use of game mechanics" just leaving warriors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Over half the classes can already solo him. I guess its fair to nerf it so the others can as well.

How reliable is the timer between the Decapitate casts?

---------- Post added 2013-05-01 at 05:47 PM ----------

Requiring Symbiosis means they couldn't solo it...
    First one is at 11 seconds, then DBM can track it after the first one.

i actually think an ele/enh shaman could survive the decap if they were primal spec with astral shift.

40% from astral, then 30% from shamanistic rage, another 40% from earth ele CD, and another 20% from the earth ele channel.

40%-40%-30%-20% reduction.

and perhaps even more with rockbiter debuff.

i take that back lol, even with all the CDs theres no way a shaman could survive the 15 mil hit.
    Last edited by orderschvank; 2013-05-03 at 06:56 AM.

One, it's "Growl"
    No, it's "Suffering". Oh wait, you're saying there's more than one pet taunt, so he was making a general statement?

10+ Year Old Account
    Was already easy as a mage.
    Ice Block first > Cold Snap > Ice Block 2nd if he's not dead yet.

Ah well, just makes it easier I guess.